MoDaCo Custom r6 discussion archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest David.m
Quick question, if I am updating this in the morning from the pre bake (after doing the official update) I need the 'signed' rom as I haven't or will not do the clockwork update.... Am I correct with that????

Only asking as when I click the 'oven' it fails to download anything!!!!!

If I click on the 'un signed' oven it will download, can I use this?

If your doing the update via command prompt and not clockwork then you dont need it to be signed.

Guest griff_dai

ok, well couldn't get the 'signed' bake to download so have unzipped the other.

can't wait till tomorrow :(

should have just paid for it and got her to get me the 'Kinnect' instead..... oh hum wait is over soon ;)

Guest David.m
ok, well couldn't get the 'signed' bake to download so have unzipped the other.

can't wait till tomorrow :(

should have just paid for it and got her to get me the 'Kinnect' instead..... oh hum wait is over soon ;)

If your using xp its so easy to install.

Guest Scoggins

Can anyone help me?

I'm a complete newbie on this, but I've read a lot of the guides and I've managed to update device drivers, and get everything connected, but whenever I try & install the custom ROM & Performance Pack (see, I even paid :( ) my vega just shuts down & doesn't reboot, and the install hangs.

My CMD screen looks like the following;

Remounting system partition

remount succeeded

1290 KB/s (4540252 bytes in 3.436s)

pkg: /data/local/tmp/libflashplayer_froyo_gles2_20101019_v10.1.95.18_signed.apk

Success

Making room for new files

rm failed for /system/lib/hw/wlan_ar6002, No such file or directory

rm failed for /system/etc/Dix, No such file or directory

rm failed for /system/bin/recovery_2, No such file or directory

rm failed for /system/lib/nvddk_2d_test_sanity.so, No such file or directory

Copying new files

push: files/data/app/placeholder -> /data/app/placeholder

push: files/data/app/Maps.apk -> /data/app/Maps.apk

and then the Vega goes off, and the cmd screen just sits there.

I've tried waiting (ages), I've tried it a few different times, and it doesn't always hang at the same point, so does anyone have any ideas?

I've still got to wrap this up for the wife yet!

Edited by Scoggins

Guest RenegadeAndy

Hey! Just got my vega for xmas this morning - in love with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(:);)!!!!

Anyway - I downloaded this custom rom - but dont seem to see a version with the performance pack that I can download - is that content limited to paying only members? If so thats a sad face from me but a happy face for the great work on enabling the appstore!

Guest boffboff
Hey! Just got my vega for xmas this morning - in love with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(:);)!!!!

Anyway - I downloaded this custom rom - but dont seem to see a version with the performance pack that I can download - is that content limited to paying only members? If so thats a sad face from me but a happy face for the great work on enabling the appstore!

Hi and congrats on your new toy!

Yes the performance pack is only available to ad-free or plus members.

It's money well spent imho, both for the Performance Pack and to help Paul continue development on it. So it's all in your best interest as a Vega owner!

Cheers

Boff

P.S. Merry Christmas!

Guest shadow wave
I've regenerated the 'small bar' prebake due to reports of it not being correct, please let me know if it works as intended now.

P

If the regenerated prebake is on the first post, I just used it and everything worked except the small bar. The bar is still normal size. Had the same lack of space error everybody else had.

Guest xxtinkxx

Hi all!

well i'm trying to update my vega that i finally managed to get hold of and I can't install the new vers 1.06.5. I've d/l to my vega's sd card but it just keep saying 'application not available'. I've tried d/l to my pc and copying over manually to my vega too but no success. I cant even get the system ready to even try with Paul's software so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It's driving me crazy!

Hi all!

well i'm trying to update my vega that i finally managed to get hold of and I can't install the new vers 1.06.5. I've d/l to my vega's sd card but it just keep saying 'application not available'. I've tried d/l to my pc and copying over manually to my vega too but no success. I cant even get the system ready to even try with Paul's software so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It's driving me crazy!

The 1.06.5 update is to be run only on your windows PC with the Vega connected by USB and in recovery mode. Downloading or moving the file onto the Vega and endeavouring to run it from there will not work.

Follow the process for placing the Vega in recovery mode (cited 100's of times on this forum) ensuring it is both connected to the mains and to the PC via USB.

The update file will take care of everything once run on from your PC and you can then look to setting it free with the MoDaCo ROM Addon & Performance Pack.

Guest xxtinkxx

that great thanks for replying

I've done the process for holding the power for 6 secs and the back button for 2 etc but nothing seems to happen, I know I must be doing it wrong but atleast now I know thats the way forward cheers.

You know on the myadventvega site it tells you to d/ directly to your vega which is very misleading, it gives the push button method mentioned above too so thats why I was getting really confused.

yay success! loaded the updated version no going to try with the custom rom :(

Cool - glad you got the upgrade sorted - ensure you've read the threads fully and you should sail through the installation of the Custom ROM.

Enjoy - or as they say Viva Las Vega(s)... lol.

Guest xxtinkxx

Well after a a couple of hours pulling my hair out I managed to install Pauls custom ROM, made possible by taking pieces from lots of different posts on here. Mainly usb driver issues, installing updating and re-installing them the sofware went on seamlessly! I think it's easy to overcomplicate for me anyway but after I took a step back and let the instructions sink in it was just a matter of giving my xp pc a swift kicking to wake it up :( I had the usb driver from the advent site to install the new version 1.06.5 which I then had to uninstall to put the custom rom usb drivers in to install the window bat file then voila. It just wouldn't run for the update aand the rom with the same driver. Simple now but at the time really frustrating trying to figure it out! A big thanks to all the posters on here for giving their accounts on updating the vega as I think for some users the solution differs slightly (for the more technically challenged anyway) Great job done ;)

Guest Scoggins
Can anyone help me?

I'm a complete newbie on this, but I've read a lot of the guides and I've managed to update device drivers, and get everything connected, but whenever I try & install the custom ROM & Performance Pack (see, I even paid :( ) my vega just shuts down & doesn't reboot, and the install hangs.

My CMD screen looks like the following;

Remounting system partition

remount succeeded

1290 KB/s (4540252 bytes in 3.436s)

pkg: /data/local/tmp/libflashplayer_froyo_gles2_20101019_v10.1.95.18_signed.apk

Success

Making room for new files

rm failed for /system/lib/hw/wlan_ar6002, No such file or directory

rm failed for /system/etc/Dix, No such file or directory

rm failed for /system/bin/recovery_2, No such file or directory

rm failed for /system/lib/nvddk_2d_test_sanity.so, No such file or directory

Copying new files

push: files/data/app/placeholder -> /data/app/placeholder

push: files/data/app/Maps.apk -> /data/app/Maps.apk

and then the Vega goes off, and the cmd screen just sits there.

I've tried waiting (ages), I've tried it a few different times, and it doesn't always hang at the same point, so does anyone have any ideas?

I've still got to wrap this up for the wife yet!

Well, I had to give up on the upgrade, and wrap the Vega up for the wife - she's quite impressed.

I suppose I was cutting it fine wanting help at half past ten on Christmas Eve!

However, I've had another go at the upgrade, and it still failed in the same way as my post above; I even tried a few different 'bakes' to see if it was one of the options that was causing the problems, but still no success. However, being desperate, I decided to persevere. I was using a powered USB hub to connect the Vega, so I decided to bypass that, and plug the Vega in direct to the PC case (just very awkward to get to) and Hey Presto! - upgrade success first time.

So I managed to solve my own problem, but thought I'd update in case anyone gets the same problem. I've had to do the Flash fix that is in one of the posts here, and certainly there are some websites where the flash just doesn't work, so I'm hoping a future fix may solve that.

Another comment I should make is that as I couldn't do the upgrade, we had a day yesterday playing with the Vega in it's 'native' state, but having applied the Performance Pack available through the paid subscription here, I can state that it does make a considerable difference to the speed/operation of the Vega; it now seems to be much faster & smoother, so well worth the upgrade, especially as I look around and see how much crap we've spent money on this Christmas.

Guest Starkill

Had all sorts of problems with drivers in Windows 7 but finally got there.

When running the update just before the reset I got:

push: files/system/etc/shuttle_priv/libflashplayer_froyo_gles2_20101019_v10.1.95

.18_signed.apk -> /system/etc/shuttle_priv/libflashplayer_froyo_gles2_20101019_v

10.1.95.18_signed.apk

failed to copy 'files/system/etc/shuttle_priv/libflashplayer_froyo_gles2_2010101

9_v10.1.95.18_signed.apk' to '/system/etc/shuttle_priv/libflashplayer_froyo_gles

2_20101019_v10.1.95.18_signed.apk': No space left on device

Setting permissions

Error: Could not access the Package Manager. Is the system running?

Done, rebooting

D:\Advent\Vega\r5-vega>

The unit rebooted and seemed to be working fine so far. What impact will the errors likely have. It is my daughters device so I want to be a little careful.

Oh and by the way thanks for a great site made a lot of difference to my Android devices. Need to work on youngest daughters Orange San Fransisco next :(

Guest gadgetmad
Had all sorts of problems with drivers in Windows 7 but finally got there.

When running the update just before the reset I got:

push: files/system/etc/shuttle_priv/libflashplayer_froyo_gles2_20101019_v10.1.95

.18_signed.apk -> /system/etc/shuttle_priv/libflashplayer_froyo_gles2_20101019_v

10.1.95.18_signed.apk

failed to copy 'files/system/etc/shuttle_priv/libflashplayer_froyo_gles2_2010101

9_v10.1.95.18_signed.apk' to '/system/etc/shuttle_priv/libflashplayer_froyo_gles

2_20101019_v10.1.95.18_signed.apk': No space left on device

Setting permissions

Error: Could not access the Package Manager. Is the system running?

Done, rebooting

D:\Advent\Vega\r5-vega>

The unit rebooted and seemed to be working fine so far. What impact will the errors likely have. It is my daughters device so I want to be a little careful.

Oh and by the way thanks for a great site made a lot of difference to my Android devices. Need to work on youngest daughters Orange San Fransisco next :(

I just applied the (non-small bar and small bar) pre-bake an hour ago. Got exactly the same as you on both variants. I did it twice (just to be sure) but I also got the "No space left on device" at the exactly the same stage. Like you, it seems to be working, but being a noob I'm not sure what state the device is in.

The vega is currently on the non-small bar pre-bake.

Would be grateful for any advice/guidance from experts on the forum - my apologies if I have used any terminology wrongly.

Thanks

Guest Accommodation

I just wanted to say thanks for all your work on this.

The ROM installed on my new Vega without any problems once I got the USB driver installed (Win 7 X64).

For others installing this package, the ABD driver you need to update in device manager is initially listed as Nvidia Harmony - you need to unzip the USB driver from within the zipped download before applying it (I didn't spot it was a zip within a zip initially).

I now have Android market and Flash. It was well worth the small upgrade fee to get the ROM!

Thanks a lot guys.

Guest rpmccormick

Let me say thank you to Paul and all the contributing members of this forum.

FYI: I have ran over 20 roms for my G1 and I briefly led the development/hacking of my two ZT-180 Android tablets over on xda-developers.net, so I do know what goes in to this and I plan to contribute to this tablet's development too once I have some free time. That said, I do not pay for nor charge for this type of work (it would be cool if the performance pack was obtainable, but I understand that is totally up to Paul or future rom developers).

yes but this is a community and not a business and that the money that go's into this is used for the development of devices and the running of the servers for the site for all, however directing criticism in someone's 2nd post in, ain't going to be the best way of introducing yourself is it......

any criticism that the poster had about the notification bar and its size should be directed to DSG and the vega team through twitter!

Thanks for that tip. I did not know this type of support request should be Twitter based, but I can try that in the future. (...should I Twitter @vegateam about my two questions below?)

I've regenerated the 'small bar' prebake due to reports of it not being correct, please let me know if it works as intended now.

P

Thanks Paul. Awesome work you do here. I appreciate you fixing the pre-built.

I have two questions for anyone who can answer them:

1) Can I just install the fixed small-bar version over the current one, or do I need to wipe / return to stock fw? (keep in mine I do not have root for Titanium, etc. [and that I would rather not have to re-config everything until I have more time after the new year])

2) Can the zips be flashed through ROMManager at the moment, or only by running the .bat/etc. file from a PC/Mac and upgrading over ADB? (just curious)

Thanks again everyone.

Guest rpmccormick

(sorry for the double post)

I took the plunge and installed over my existing setup. Nothing seemed to change. I unzipped the new zip which was a different size (after renaming it ...-fixed.zip) and successfully ran the .bat, but after auto-reboot it still had the big bar and no root. Remount succeeds at the top of the .bat so adb definitely has root. It might have something to do with permissions and the fact that I am using windows. I tried to fix using 'chmod 777 /system/xbin/su', but that did not give me root either.

Edited by rpmccormick

hi guys need some help if you dont mind please.

i have a stock advent and after looking at the details in about device under kernal version it appears to be running v1.06.5 ( i think this is the correct version to install the r5 rom.)

i have followed the instruction and turned debugging on installed the drivers for the usb onto my pc ( i hope ) i have now connected the advent to my pc ( w7 64 bit, ) the next stage in the install process is .....

at a command prompt / terminal, ensure you are in the directory you extracted the files, and run 'install-windows.bat', './install-linux.sh' or './install-mac.sh' as appropriate

what am i missing should i go somewhere on the pc/advent to do this stage sorry if im asking a really basic question here

thanks for any help.

Guest Toxophilite
hi guys need some help if you dont mind please.

i have a stock advent and after looking at the details in about device under kernal version it appears to be running v1.06.5 ( i think this is the correct version to install the r5 rom.)

i have followed the instruction and turned debugging on installed the drivers for the usb onto my pc ( i hope ) i have now connected the advent to my pc ( w7 64 bit, ) the next stage in the install process is .....

at a command prompt / terminal, ensure you are in the directory you extracted the files, and run 'install-windows.bat', './install-linux.sh' or './install-mac.sh' as appropriate

what am i missing should i go somewhere on the pc/advent to do this stage sorry if im asking a really basic question here

thanks for any help.

You use the PC for the command prompt.

Check out either http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1526792 (Second section)

or

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...online-kitchen/ Post #545

Edited by Toxophilite