MoDaCo Custom r6 discussion archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest olionair
Where does it say clockworkmod installed?

AFAIK, the only way to tell (without some hacking) is to get into recovery.

on the app drawer but when pressed it just stays at android with box

Guest simonta
"This image fixes some issues (such as WIFI intermittent disconnection issue, random lag etc. ) " sounds like it could be nice to have!

I've flashed the image, kernel is 2.6.32.9_P10_v1.07.4 dated 5th Jan.

I've applied mcr6 and restored all my apps, will report back if anything interesting.

The 3D launcher included is some nice, different, eye candy for the Vega. Cr*p launcher but looks diferent :D

Edited by simonta

Guest rvdgeer
on the app drawer but when pressed it just stays at android with box

No, an app is installed which let's you boot to recovery...

But clockworkmod is not part of the MCR Add-On!

If you don't have cwm recovery, it's best not to use (or even remove) the app...

Guest lambrettalad

I use these guides and everything worked a treat

I used my old laptop; acer aspire 5610z running winxp32

I had to reenable flash for the bbc iplayer but other than that everything is fine so far.

Cheers Paul for the rom, I bought the no ad version, glad i did ;)

Check out these links:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH8kJ4M2ygQ...der&list=UL

These will:

1. help you to check your official firmware version, and upgrade it if necessary to v1.06.5

2. show how to install the MCR custom R6 using Windows 7

and

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...p-update-guide/

(This gives full instructions both for a firmware upgrade, and also how to install the MCR (Paul's ROM).

Also note carefully in the install of the MCR - Preparation Step 03 - the USB drivers need TWO unzips.

Guest keithsulsh

hi

I am having problems with a daemon not running error while installing the .bat file ,

any help would be appreciated.

Please keep the answers simple as I am new to the forum

thanks

K

Guest Toxophilite
hi

I am having problems with a daemon not running error while installing the .bat file ,

any help would be appreciated.

Please keep the answers simple as I am new to the forum

thanks

K

Check out rvdgeer's Step by Step guide to installing the MCR at http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...p-update-guide/

Ensure that you have gone through all the preparation steps shown there, then follow the Installing steps.

Guest lordjubblydave

Is there a guide to Installing this using either Linux or OSX ? Could someone throw a link my way ?

I cannot get the Vega to mount.

My GoogleFu is failing me too ;)

Guest Danski69

Just got my Vega yesterday....was trying to do the upgrade last night and failed miserably...after a lot more reading worked out what to do (50 pages takes a while to get through).

Had a slight pants staining moment at first but happy to say everything is good in Danski-world !!

Thanks to everybody who has added help to this thread, wouldn`t have made it without y`all.

Guest jonn sz
Is there a guide to Installing this using either Linux or OSX ? Could someone throw a link my way ?

I cannot get the Vega to mount.

My GoogleFu is failing me too :lol:

On vega:

1. Connect usb to both vega and mac

2. Put vega into usb mode

On mac:

1. Open terminal.

2. Type cd

3. Then drag the updates folder you have downloaded to the terminal window and press enter

4. Open the folder you downloaded and drag the mac file named './install-mac.sh' to terminal and press enter.

Then just let it update, will take a few minutes.

Guest powderjunki

After lots of indecision finally took the plunge and got the vega for the goodness r6 and pp would bring. Pre mod a little underwhemled, now the vega is fantastic. Thanks to all here, easy to follow. Legends!

Guest masterpfa

Hi all, been on the outside looking in for a while now and with Honeycomb and all the new tablets being released was in 2 minds, but at this price bracket I'd be a fool not to even try. I will, over a few days no doubt, read this thread but are there any major misgivings for this device?

MCR is the way forward and I shall be looking to try out a few games et al on this device.

Just a quickie although I will search for this, is this device capable of being Tethered?

:lol: :)

Edited by masterpfa

Guest simonta
Hi all, been on the outside looking in for a while now and with Honeycomb and all the new tablets being released was in 2 minds, but at this price bracket I'd be a fool not to even try. I will, over a few days no doubt, read this thread but are there any major misgivings for this device?

MCR is the way forward and I shall be looking to try out a few games et al on this device.

Just a quickie although I will search for this, is this device capable of being Tethered?

:lol: :)

Hi masterpfa - welcome!

Misgivings - no, not at this price. The only thing which really shows the Vega vs iPad differential is the screen but in everyday use, it doesn't cause me any problems. Some screens are over sensitive, have dead zones and are prone to double taps but these can all be fixed using info in this forum. The viewing angles and quality are hardware so cannot but as I say, unbeatable at the price.

Tethering. No problem. Fixed in this forum. You might have to hack around a little but if you're tech savvy, nothing exciting!

Cheers

Guest Mogedwards

I noticed while browsing the magazines in Sainsburys that Stuff magazine made the Vega (With Modaco ROM) its winner in the Android tablet review item.

Guest bohemian100
Upgraded from 1.08 last night. Worked a treat.

Upgraded through mac.

My Advent Vega has just arrived this morning, and i am eager to update to Modaco ROM, i noticed that it has been shipped with v 1.08 not 1.06.5. I will be using a windows 7 pc to do the update, is the upgrade process still the same from 1.08 as it is with 1.06.5, any problems updating from 1.08.

Im a complete newbie so would apreciate some advice and guidance.

Thanks.

Guest Lennyuk
My Advent Vega has just arrived this morning, and i am eager to update to Modaco ROM, i noticed that it has been shipped with v 1.08 not 1.06.5. I will be using a windows 7 pc to do the update, is the upgrade process still the same from 1.08 as it is with 1.06.5, any problems updating from 1.08.

Im a complete newbie so would apreciate some advice and guidance.

Thanks.

you can apply this MCR over the top of your 1.08 but until we know exactly what files have changed for 1.08 you might be downgrading some of your things.

Paul said he would look into this today so we might see a new MCR release based on 1.08

Guest TheRaul
you can apply this MCR over the top of your 1.08 but until we know exactly what files have changed for 1.08 you might be downgrading some of your things.

Paul said he would look into this today so we might see a new MCR release based on 1.08

Hi Guys,

First Post. I have installed MCR on v1.08 as this is the version that came with my vega (ordered last week) and had absolutely no problems, all passed with flying colours. I was able to redownload apps purchased on htc desire and even my kindle app synced with no problems. Loving it at the moment.

Guest bohemian100
Hi Guys,

First Post. I have installed MCR on v1.08 as this is the version that came with my vega (ordered last week) and had absolutely no problems, all passed with flying colours. I was able to redownload apps purchased on htc desire and even my kindle app synced with no problems. Loving it at the moment.

Same here, went ahead with the install, had a scare first time, usb driver installed ok but bat file failed, ran it again and everything seems to be working ok, cant compare performance to update from 1.06.5 as vega is new today.

Guest Shaizer

"Downloads

This ROM is now available in the online kitchen - see the post below for details! A prebake is also available below...

r6 - default options, performance pack excluded - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: 5f9d526822247ce616f6e777454e585a

r6 - default options, small notifcation bar, performance pack excluded - DOWNLOAD (ROMraid Load Balancing) - MD5: 320fbef176de65b328de3182f43536c7"

Does "small notifcation bar, performance pack excluded" mean that there IS small notification bar but no pp or does it mean there is no small notification bar and no pp? and I presume the first option is just pp excluded so it DOES include the small notification bar?