MoDaCo Custom r6 discussion archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest 5c00ter
Can this be run again after a previous version of R2 already installed, or will I need to re-flash 1.04 and then re-apply this new R2? thanks in advance. :P

Hi P I've re-applied the R3 mod, but Bluetooth still not functional. :D

Guest swarrans

I thought it was going so well...

Updated to 1.04 fine.

Changed Usb driver and settings

Downloaded from Kitchen and unzipped

From the cmd box I went to the directory and typed install-windows.bat and it said

daemon not running, starting up now on port 5037

daemon started successfully

now it's just sitting there, have I screwed something up?

Simon

I had that hanging at daemon successful thing but i switched to a different laptop to the one I installed the official update and it worked fine (after pointing it towards the right usb drivers).

Guest Scott9824

Hi Paul

I've been signed up here since I started looking at the Vega but I don't think I've posted yet. I've just signed up for an ad free subscription and I'm downloading r3 from the kitchen as I type. Cheers for all the effort you've put in, I installed r2 last night and it's awesome.

Cheers

Scott

Guest Kirkie1

Ok guys, Mr stupid from stupid town here :P

could someone tell me exactly what to type at the ms dos command line to get to the install-windows.bat, for me it is in a folder called Advent on C drive,every time I try it just keeps saying Bad command or some such thing

Thanks in advance.

Guest swarrans

The only bit about this was difficult in the end was getting fricking Windows to behave and not make it's own decisions about what usb driver to use!

Therefore I think I have successfully downloaded from the kitchen what I "need" (I unticked gmail as I don't use it - hopefully that won't stop something else working?).

I have no clue whether I've got r2, r3 or indeed r2d2 - I just clicked the performance box in the kitchen - how can I tell?

To the previous poster (I'm now an expert you see - NOT!) if you are using windows that is what you should type - ie install-windows.bat - but you have to be in the right directory in cmd for it to work.

I have no idea what any of those nice little icons that Paul added (thanks again!) do yet, but I will start investigating...

I thought I had killed it about 3 times, so I need a lie down now!

Simon

Guest Kirkie1
The only bit about this was difficult in the end was getting fricking Windows to behave and not make it's own decisions about what usb driver to use!

Therefore I think I have successfully downloaded from the kitchen what I "need" (I unticked gmail as I don't use it - hopefully that won't stop something else working?).

I have no clue whether I've got r2, r3 or indeed r2d2 - I just clicked the performance box in the kitchen - how can I tell?

To the previous poster (I'm now an expert you see - NOT!) if you are using windows that is what you should type - ie install-windows.bat - but you have to be in the right directory in cmd for it to work.

I have no idea what any of those nice little icons that Paul added (thanks again!) do yet, but I will start investigating...

I thought I had killed it about 3 times, so I need a lie down now!

Simon

I understand what you say...but :D what do I type to get to the directory I want. By directory I assume you mean the folder it is in,which in my case is Advent on C drive,

thanks for your help and hopefully I too will become an expert....not :P

Guest terminaljunkie
I understand what you say...but :D what do I type to get to the directory I want. By directory I assume you mean the folder it is in,which in my case is Advent on C drive,

thanks for your help and hopefully I too will become an expert....not :P

When you get the DOS box type this (with the software in the C:\Advent folder) (press return after each line)

cd c:\Advent

install-windows.bat

That's it - you should be good to go with that last one!

Edited by terminaljunkie

Guest Kirkie1
When you get the DOS box type this (with the software in the C:\Advent folder) (press return after each line)

cd c:\Advent

install-windows.bat

That's it - you should be good to go with that last one!

Thanks mate,you are a star,worked straight away,= Vega fully loaded, woop woop!!!

only took me the best part of a day to get the drivers to load etc, but as they say every step is a learning experience,

thanks once again to all who gave me help :P

Is anybody having problems with flash ? I've noticed quite a few web pages having problems, some play video to a polnt and then sit buffering and never restart, channel4/od dont play at all, just shows a black box, bbc iplayer works fine, itv is way out of synce, flashplayer shows in the market as an update but when i update it no pages show flash, i have tryed uninstalling the version that came built in and installing the newer version from the market and that dont work either, is it a browser issue, i was wondering if its an older one even though it say 2.2 there are some actions missing from the menu, any thoughts ?

Guest removed-14
Is anybody having problems with flash ? I've noticed quite a few web pages having problems, some play video to a polnt and then sit buffering and never restart, channel4/od dont play at all, just shows a black box, bbc iplayer works fine, itv is way out of synce, flashplayer shows in the market as an update but when i update it no pages show flash, i have tryed uninstalling the version that came built in and installing the newer version from the market and that dont work either, is it a browser issue, i was wondering if its an older one even though it say 2.2 there are some actions missing from the menu, any thoughts ?

Have you looked at this thread? http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...sh-on-the-vega/

Guest Pyr0x64

the version of Flash from the market won't work with the Advent Vega

use the updated one from Paul. posted here:

/slightly-newer-flash-player-for-the-vega/

Edited by Pyr0x64

Guest pritzb87

This all sounds really exciting and all, but I cant get it to work on Windows 7 x64 so im on mac now, still cant do it, can you dumb it down for me as far as possible..lol...thanks.. :P

Guest wimsloboy

Hi Paul,

The download link on page 1 links to R3 wll you be changing this to R4? Haven't been brave enough to try R3 yet as the probs with iplayer and presume its fixed in R4

cheers

wimsloboy