MoDaCo Custom r6 discussion archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Pyr0x64

Paul hasn't released an R4 version yet, but when he does, I'm sure he'll update the download link as well as the kitchen

Edited by Pyr0x64

Guest pritzb87
Extract the update in a folder called Advent eg C:\Advent

Start ===> Run ====> CMD

When you open the MSDOS box the commands would be

cd Advent

install-windows.bat

If the USB driver is installed and the device is in debug mode then all will be well.

Good luck

This does not work on x64...any fix for this? installation of pauls usb driver on x64 that is..

Guest pritzb87

Can I have more instructions on mac side of things, cant do this on my windows 7 x64 ultimate, the drivers you have supllied for windows are not compatible with x64 for some reason...so im back on mac...please help...i have paid £9.99 specifically for this pack...help me with the mac instructions, terminal doesnt seem to do anything

Just a small question to paul. The advent vega has a tegra 2 dual core right? Could u manage to make the froyo os to run on both cores. I do not own an advent vega but a toshiba folio n both devices are not so different hardwarewise. But the rom we have is having difficulties implementing both cores. In the app system panel, does it show both cores? Does it show the cpu clock frequency?

Guest trevor432990

A while back Paul said

ROM r2 now online for update 1.04.

Can someone give me a link to the download site please as I can only find r3 ?? Thanks

**************** Please ignore the above post as I ran the update on R3 and it seems to work OK now after following advice in the thread about removing device types and re-installing with Paul's drivers *********************************

Edited by trevor432990

Guest pritzb87

Paul, have you tried install the rom with mac osx and terminal? Because I have been on it all day, followed your instructions...cant gt it 2 work...if you have tried it in mac...or are definately 100% sure that the instructions you gave for mac are correct, can you please give me an example of the terminal script you use, or screen shots, i know i have been a lil bit of a pain to u on tweeter...but i have paid money specifically for this rom pack, like others, and i reallllly want it up and running, because frankly the stock firmware on the vega is literally shite, and apps lib looks like its been made by an infant..lol...please i would be very greatful if you could put up screenshots, or examples of the process (script on terminal) used...thanks paul...hope you can help.. :P

Guest emergant
Paul, have you tried install the rom with mac osx and terminal? Because I have been on it all day, followed your instructions...cant gt it 2 work...if you have tried it in mac...or are definately 100% sure that the instructions you gave for mac are correct, can you please give me an example of the terminal script you use, or screen shots, i know i have been a lil bit of a pain to u on tweeter...but i have paid money specifically for this rom pack, like others, and i reallllly want it up and running, because frankly the stock firmware on the vega is literally shite, and apps lib looks like its been made by an infant..lol...please i would be very greatful if you could put up screenshots, or examples of the process (script on terminal) used...thanks paul...hope you can help.. :P

Worked here under Snow Leopard. I had to update to 1.04 on a windows laptop. I then used a kitchen rom with the performance pack. As long as you run the script from its own directory you should be fine

Of course, I built it on a Mac...

P

Guest pritzb87
Worked here under Snow Leopard. I had to update to 1.04 on a windows laptop. I then used a kitchen rom with the performance pack. As long as you run the script from its own directory you should be fine

can you please show me the process...im a noob wen it comez 2 terminal..would apprecieate it alot...thanks.. :P

Guest wimsloboy

Hi

Took the plunge and all went very easily. Using win7 x64bit without any hitches. Only problem was the highlighted issue with flash player. Followed Paul's instruction to reinstall and all is well with my world. The fact you can now access the android market is great. Just lovin' my vega now. Haven't checked if there are any issues with the bluetooth yet though doubt I will be using that facility anyway. Really pleased with the outcome.

Thanks very much Paul for all your hard work :P :D :D

Guest jesterzoo

Afetr 3 days of blood sweat and one or 2tears i finally have the mod installed. Thanks mainly to welshblob on another thread who has a good and concise fix for the usb issue. Thanks blob. Must say, the performance pack is brilliant - great work paul. Worth every penny.

Guest jesterzoo

Afetr 3 days of blood sweat and one or 2tears i finally have the mod installed. Thanks mainly to welshblob on another thread who has a good and concise fix for the usb issue. Thanks blob. Must say, the performance pack is brilliant - great work paul. Worth every penny.

Guest deadite66

haven't got my vega yet but downloaded the r3 zip.

anyone had any troubles with the install-windows.bat?, noticed it's using unix line feeds so displays as a big one-liner in notepad.

used unix2dos to fix it.

haven't got my vega yet but downloaded the r3 zip.

anyone had any troubles with the install-windows.bat?, noticed it's using unix line feeds so displays as a big one-liner in notepad.

used unix2dos to fix it.

No problems running it from Windows 7 Home 32-bit laptop without any changes.

So Paul you said you was going to get rid of the advent vega if it was crap are you going to get rid of it now or have you decided to keep it?

Edited by jutley

Guest emergant
can you please show me the process...im a noob wen it comez 2 terminal..would apprecieate it alot...thanks.. :D

I'm not sure I can help as I didnt document my steps. From memory, I just had to ensure I was in the right directory and follow Pauls instructions.

run ls from the directory you extracted to and you should see this:

ls

AdbWinApi.dll adb-mac install-windows.bat

AdbWinUsbApi.dll adb-windows.exe performance

Applications- files usbdriver

Development install-linux.sh

adb-linux install-mac.sh

on a mac you then run:

./install-mac.sh

and it should work as long as you've enabled debigging on the tablet I think

But really I just followed the instructions :P

If you're on a windows 7 pc just run installwindows.bat as admin, this will open the commant prompt and run the process.

Having said that, this might be the totally wrong way to do it, but it seemed to work for me.

Edited by Drizz

I already have the r3 rom installed but that didn't include the performance pack or skype fix.

So I bake myself another rom that includes them. I de-selected everything except the performance, skype and wallpaper.

Install it (my my post above) and everything seems fine until the end:

error.jpg

I'm guessing it hasn't installed correctly?

Guest amarko5
I already have the r3 rom installed but that didn't include the performance pack or skype fix.

So I bake myself another rom that includes them. I de-selected everything except the performance, skype and wallpaper.

Install it (my my post above) and everything seems fine until the end:

error.jpg

I'm guessing it hasn't installed correctly?

mine does the same but appears to install everything i selected

Guest swarrans

If you do it that way do you retain any modifications (adding email accounts and Apps etc) you already made?

I want to upgrade the Skype and Wallpaper fix but don't want to lose all the stuff I've modified on my Vega already