MoDaCo Custom r6 discussion archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest captainsensible

You won't - even if you select the stuff you have installed before it won't 'change' what you have set up - each bake I have downloaded I have kept the same stuff selected (everything except the car panel - which seems a little pointless!) and I don't lose anything

Guest swarrans
You won't - even if you select the stuff you have installed before it won't 'change' what you have set up - each bake I have downloaded I have kept the same stuff selected (everything except the car panel - which seems a little pointless!) and I don't lose anything

Many thanks - that is good to hear - I assumed it would rewrite everything and I would start from scratch (like it did when I went from the standard 1.04 to the Kitchen download)

Guest JennieS
To install this ROM:

[*]Ensure you have USB debugging enabled on your device (enabled in Settings->Applications->Development)

[*]If you are using Windows, your USB 'Android Developer Bridge' driver MUST be the one included in this download (use 'Have Disk' functionality in device manager to change if required)

I updated to 1.04 ok but can't get the r3 rom to install

When I run the bat file, it stop at "daemon started successfully" and does nothing more.

Although I have the vega linked to my XP I can't see any mention of USB 'Android Developer Bridge' driver in the device manager.

Can anyone help me through this please?

I updated to 1.04 ok but can't get the r3 rom to install

When I run the bat file, it stop at "daemon started successfully" and does nothing more.

Although I have the vega linked to my XP I can't see any mention of USB 'Android Developer Bridge' driver in the device manager.

Can anyone help me through this please?

Take a look here. You need to delete the current drivers and then add them back in.....

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...al-1-04-update/

Guest JennieS
Take a look here. You need to delete the current drivers and then add them back in.....

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...al-1-04-update/

Success! after much re-scanning for hardware changes, and trying to update some random USB drivers, eventually got a section in the device manager called 'other devices - > nvidia harmony' to show itself (not under USB)

updated that driver to the one in the R3 rom under the folder r1-tegrausbdrivers-modaco (separately unzipped) and the device changed its own name to 'android phone ->android composite adb interface'

The install-windows.bat then worked

Thanks guys

Guest unclebob31
No.

P

Just to confirm.

I just completed that exercise having bought a subscription because of the work that Paul did on the overall functionality of the VEGA

THANKS Paul.

The performance is excellent.

What people need to realise is that ADVENT could not preload it as Google did not want partners to do that. As for chip sets then again manufacturers want partners to use their released and approved driver packs. Paul as an independent can get round that.

Thanks again Paul.

Changelog

r4 30/Nov

• Add-On can now be flashed either via the command line or using ClockworkMod recovery
  • Skype and Wallpaper fixes now included
  • Voice Search issue now resolved
  • Device about screen now displays add-on version

Changelog

r4 30/Nov

• Add-On can now be flashed either via the command line or using ClockworkMod recovery
  • Skype and Wallpaper fixes now included
  • Voice Search issue now resolved
  • Device about screen now displays add-on version

Dont suppose you've had chance to look into the Google Maps issue with getting current location?

Also if I'm not using ClockworkMod recovery do I have to sign it, I have no idea what AmonRA's recovery is or if I'm using a recovery image. I was going to install it like I did r3.

Cheers

Guest removed-14
thanks Paul... waiting with bated breath !!!

Pay the £10 membership for the kitchen. At least not for the kitchen availability but as a thank you to Paul for his hard work.

Guest wimsloboy
r4 prebake online!

P

Thanks Paul

Does anyone else have a problem with " My Media "..... clicking on this now takes me directly to the gallery... I am sure it used to take you to a choice of gallery, music, video and documents......... can't remember for sure now !!!

any input would be welcome

Guest Pyr0x64

I think mine's always taken me to the gallery *shrug*

Shame though as I think it should show what music you have on there as well.. especially since the shortcut is called "Media" and not Gallery or Pictures & Videos

Edited by Pyr0x64

Guest wimsloboy
I think mine's always taken me to the gallery *shrug*

Shame though as I think it should show what music you have on there as well.. especially since the shortcut is called "Media" and not Gallery or Pictures & Videos

That's right... means when you select a video from the media button then you can't see the name of the video... I just couldn't remember if you could select this before I started installing Paul's roms... which are a god send may I add :P

Guest Pyr0x64

yeah, the lack of file names in the gallery can be a lil frustrating if your videos aren't all in separate folders for each file :P

most of the time i just use a file manager instead

Edited by Pyr0x64