Performance Pack information + feedback topic

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest simonta

Hi Carl

£260 for a tablet with this performance is stonkingly good value. No-one is forcing the devs to produce this stuff and no-one is forcing you to subscribe, not even forcing you to this forum! You can get the pack without performance addons which gives you the market and so on, or, you could use what you bought and forget that this place even exists! Your call.

Cheers

Happy New Year.

Guest m1diman

Managed to get my Vega with a £10 discount so used that to pay for the Adfree subscription. £250 including Performance pack boost and I have an excellent device that has 3 things the Ipad dosent - Support for flash, USB connectivity and a micro SD slot. Stonking value in my books. :(

Guest carl rose
Hi Carl

£260 for a tablet with this performance is stonkingly good value. No-one is forcing the devs to produce this stuff and no-one is forcing you to subscribe, not even forcing you to this forum! You can get the pack without performance addons which gives you the market and so on, or, you could use what you bought and forget that this place even exists! Your call.

Cheers

Happy New Year.

You are right no one forces me to do anything. Did you read the post I was making a comment about? I am entitled to my own opinion or am I not?

Happy New Year to all!

Guest PurpleRob

Without the likes of Paul and his custom roms the vega would be one of many android tabs not fit for purpose.

With the rom well what can I say that all the other subscribers haven't, superb work.

Happy new year from a well satisfied customer

Guest ashbash
Without the likes of Paul and his custom roms the vega would be one of many android tabs not fit for purpose.

With the rom well what can I say that all the other subscribers haven't, superb work.

Happy new year from a well satisfied customer

Hear hear!

Happy New Year everyone.

Ash

Guest Disguisedcoot

Newbie question, im am going to upgrade so i can also get the performance pack, do i need to tick the box that says Sign the ROM? from the online kitchen

Guest Restless_UK
Newbie question, im am going to upgrade so i can also get the performance pack, do i need to tick the box that says Sign the ROM? from the online kitchen

i didn't and so far have no problems, i haven't installed the Clockwork Mod but i think i remember is saying that didn't need it signed either...

Edited by Restless_UK

Guest Disguisedcoot
i didn't and so far have no problems, i haven't installed the Clockwork Mod but i think i remember is saying that did need it signed either.

Ta

Guest ashbash
i didn't and so far have no problems, i haven't installed the Clockwork Mod but i think i remember is saying that didn't need it signed either...

I didnt really get the signed thing, as it said cwm uses unsigned i signed my bake cos i use the adb install.

A

Guest newbe5
I didnt really get the signed thing, as it said cwm uses unsigned i signed my bake cos i use the adb install.

A

Most devices would require a package to be signed, but for some reason the Vega doesn't seem to, I don't think you even need to sign .apk's for them to work on it either :/

Guest ashbash
Most devices would require a package to be signed, but for some reason the Vega doesn't seem to, I don't think you even need to sign .apk's for them to work on it either :/

Oh rite, is it something to do with the allow third party software setting in android?

The only signing i know of in devs is to verify authenticity of something?

Guest K Hughes
Hi all!

If you have built your add-on pack for 1.04 from the kitchen (i.e. you're a Plus or Ad Free member), then there is a little something extra you can help me test - the 'Performance Pack'.

Basically what i've done here is analysed the 1.04 ROM alongside the NVidia reference ROM and incorporated all the newer components and performance tweaks into the add-on pack. The result, in my experience anyway, is a MUCH smoother operation of the device (i think it's flippin' amazing, but I'd love to hear second opinions!)

Update: I have also included a test fix for the Bluetooth problem on 1.04 in the pack.

It's currently in test at the moment, so this topic is to collate feedback. :D

P

Just joined the forum and have to say the performance pack against the standard modaco build is worth the years subscription by itself huge difference in performance, nearly sold my advent because i was sick of it being a bit buggy but works like a dream now and have not had a single bug or freeze since install and is now very snappy with every app......great job paul

Guest brutus66
Just joined the forum and have to say the performance pack against the standard modaco build is worth the years subscription by itself huge difference in performance, nearly sold my advent because i was sick of it being a bit buggy but works like a dream now and have not had a single bug or freeze since install and is now very snappy with every app......great job paul

same here fantastic job paul thanks

Guest lordjubblydave

Hi all I bought my Vega on eBay.

It had a modaco custom rom already installed.

I am not so sure about the performance pack. Is there any way to find this out?

Guest lordjubblydave

Awesome ! It Doesn't ! ;)

So my new toy that i am well pleased with now my touchscreen is working properly (Thanks to an App i found on this Site) can potentially get EVEN better.

Can i just flash over 1.06 ? or would i be better off just starting from scratch and doing it all myself properly because CWM does not seem to be installed either.