Is there any way to disable the Email indicator to save battery life

Guest anavel

Guest sss_ddk
Liquid has the Email indicator flashing when receiving new email in screen off.

Any way to disable it for saving the battery ?

You should check the application you use for email notifications if it has an option to blink LED.

BTW, the LEDs used do not use up much power

Guest vanisleguy1976
You should check the application you use for email notifications if it has an option to blink LED.

BTW, the LEDs used do not use up much power

+1

There are so many other things that can impact your battery, a tiny little LED is the least of your concerns.

Depending on your usage, I would recommend you:

- turn of gps and wifi when you aren't needing them

- adjust screen brightness... I usually have mine at only 2%, unless I'm outside on a sunny day

- turn off auto sync

- switch to 2G when you aren't using data

I'm using Extended Controls to manage my settings. It is very versatile, and you can custom design widgets for your home screen. And I use JuiceDefender, which automatically switches data from 3G when the screen is off.

Guest Dinmamma
+1

There are so many other things that can impact your battery, a tiny little LED is the least of your concerns.

Depending on your usage, I would recommend you:

- turn of gps and wifi when you aren't needing them

- adjust screen brightness... I usually have mine at only 2%, unless I'm outside on a sunny day

- turn off auto sync

- switch to 2G when you aren't using data

I'm using Extended Controls to manage my settings. It is very versatile, and you can custom design widgets for your home screen. And I use JuiceDefender, which automatically switches data from 3G when the screen is off.

+1

Just remember, always use wifi over 3G if available, it's much kinder to your battery :P

Guest split2th

Lol, that is too funny. Talk about squeezing every last ounce of juice out of your battery. Just to let you know how little energy an led uses, my dad hooked an led up to a small bettery the light stayed on for 5 years that i know of. I haven't been there since but it wouldn't surprise me if the thing is still on. So ya if you want that extra 10 seconds of use from a charge, than by all means. :P