Rogers/Fido? Froyo Malez Recovery Fix!

Guest Harness

Guest Harness
I am getting the same error as Xav. After I flash, I get a constant reboot loop.

Checksum error with the actual boot.

Any ideas?

Checksum will fail, always.

If you can provide me a log, I might be able to fix it.

Harness.

Edited by Harness

Guest darksoul7
Checksum will fail, always.

If you can provide me a log, I might be able to fix it.

Harness.

Sure. I'll have to try flashing it again though. I was thinking of reverting back to stock, but I can't figure out how to get rid of Malez.

I'll tear a Linux box apart, but smartphones, even ones based (although loosely) on Linux confuse the crap out of me.

Guest darksoul7

Awesome! Thanks!

Last questions before I finally get out of your hair. Which one should I use?

Here's my device info:

Acer APN Version - 1.96-3

Product SKU - PA-FIDO

Device info version - 2.1

Firmware Version - 2.1-update1

Baseband - A1-04.01.03

Kernel version - 2.6.29

Build number - Acer_LiquidE_1.100.79_PA_FIDO

Guest darksoul7
Do you want to stay with 2.1 eclair or 2.2 froyo?

I was thinking of moving to the Official 2.2 froyo but...

I am also wanting to eventually Root my phone so I can drop a terminal on there as well as something like the Metasploit framework. I'm not exactly sure how far they've gotten on getting something like that working on an android, but I know they have been making progress. But I digress.

For now, 2.2 Froyo - official FIDO.

Guest Harness

flash 4.002.14, then the Fido official ROM, if you wanna Malez it you gotta hope that my boot.img works lol. If it doesn't I'll recompile it and you can try something new

Not entirely sure what metasploit is though.

Edited by Harness

Guest darksoul7
flash 4.002.14, then the Fido official ROM, if you wanna Malez it you gotta hope that my boot.img works lol. If it doesn't I'll recompile it and you can try something new

Not entirely sure what metasploit is though.

Awesome. I'll try that tonight. Metasploit is an exploitation framework for Penetration Testing. It's a work thing :D

Guest et3rn1ty

I just installed the malez recovery, however, like the previous poster, I got an infinite boot loop after i flash the update.zip.

How do I fix this?

Can I just use any custom rom out there and flash it rather than using the update.zip?

Sorry for the noob question :D

Guest Harness

Okay, I'm going to try to fix this for you guys tomorrow. I think I know what needs to change. Also, this is NOT required for other custom roms, only Rogers 2.2 Official.

Harness.

Guest et3rn1ty

After I install malez recovery, can I just install any custom rom? What is the update.zip for?

Also, can I flash the stock Rogers 2.2 using malez? Where can I get the file?

Sorry for my endless questions

Guest Harness

You can install any custom rom yes. My update.zip is to make sure that on the Rogers rom, that Malez doesn't get deleted every time you reboot your phone.

The ROM I have posted (search for my topics), that is the official Rogers ROM, however it's modded (just the installer script) to install from Malez.

I am attempting get to stock 2.1 so i can install rogers ver. 2.2. I have gotten to the point where the instructions say I have to remove Malez-recovery. The phone boots up ok but I get a bad check if I try to update to 2.2. The problem I am having is the remote restore of the recovery.img. I managed to run adb shell then open malez. then i am stuck as to what I should do. Could some do a walk-through of this part? thanks

Edited by wgpII

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys, im sorry if this is stupid question(im new to this) but....

right now i have the official froyo fido rom and I want to run titanium back-up but of course I need my phone rooted. Will I lose all my data or do i just follow the instructions on top of my current rom and I will be rooted?

thanks

I can confirm that this fix is working on a Fido Acer Liquid E running stock 2.2 Froyo. I am currently flashing it to LCR-F 2.0 now that malez' recovery works due to this fix :lol:

Hi Everybody,

I just used the Fido stock ROM (2.2 froyo : 4.004.04_PA_FIDO) back after a LCR 1.2.

The flash has been ok in Malez.

I'm just unable to use tethering (wifi or USB) : process com.android.settings error.

Could this be because I still have baseband : A1-05.01.05 ?

Maybe the fido rom (is not an EMEA) has a pb with this baseband ?

Anyone ?

Thanks

Vixdee

• 1 month later...
Guest ekramsam

I have the Rogers Liquid E and I'm on the official 2.2. Malez 6.1 installs fine but when I boot into recovery I get the triangle with the ! in it with the Android dude. If I press the home button it takes me into the stock recovery. Will it work if I try to install the modified Malez' recovery you have posted? Thanks

Guest ravendagrey

I personally love the fact that when i do a nandroid restore that the factoy recovery comes back everytime just incase i need to take my phone in for service.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest darksoul7

Ok... so it's been months and I have yet to upgrade to Froyo. Every time I try, I either get an error on the actual flash or it hangs on the Android boot screen. Thank goodness for Nandroid's recovery.

Could someone give me a step by step on getting back to Factory? I'm retarded when it comes to Androids :)

• 1 month later...
Guest greendixy

I got malez installed pop the battery out went into recovery mode clicked on backup 2 times next question is.. whats in the update file? and is my phone rooted already or after update file thanks

Edit System is rooted using meth 1 worked perfect now on to learning about what roms to use

Edited by greendixy

• 2 weeks later...

is it possible that anyone could upload the file to another server, ie not megaupload, because my region cannot download any files from megaupload

mediafire and depositfile will do

hue thanks ;)