Google or Rogers Problem?

Guest cowymo

I am not sure how many of us are affected, but after I have updated to Rogers Froyo, and also google map updates, I am unable to locate myself accurately in Ontario using Latitude. Whenever I am in Ontario, it will show me that I am back home even when I am miles away (without using GPS), but only accurately show my location when I turn on the GPS. But the moment I am out of Ontario, then it accurately locate my location (without using GPS). I don't like to have the GPS on all the time as it consume battery like no tomorrow.

Today I went to the Market and uninstall Google map update, and now it is able to show me my location somehow accurate without using GPS.

Anyone having this problem? or it is just me... :P

Guest snootched
I am not sure how many of us are affected, but after I have updated to Rogers Froyo, and also google map updates, I am unable to locate myself accurately in Ontario using Latitude. Whenever I am in Ontario, it will show me that I am back home even when I am miles away (without using GPS), but only accurately show my location when I turn on the GPS. But the moment I am out of Ontario, then it accurately locate my location (without using GPS). I don't like to have the GPS on all the time as it consume battery like no tomorrow.

Today I went to the Market and uninstall Google map update, and now it is able to show me my location somehow accurate without using GPS.

Anyone having this problem? or it is just me... :P

I'm on LCR-F with latest google maps updates from the market, a rogers customer in Ontario, and don't seem to be having any issues.