My Dell Streak is not turning up !!!

Guest karate

I tried to downgrade from Steve's 2.2 v.1.1 to O2 2.1 with success, then I tried to downgrade to official 1.6 in order to upgrade to official 2.2 but during the update the phone shut down and I cannot turn it up. No power !!! I tried to start again by removing the battery, try it with the power cord, but nothing happens !!! Please help, the streak does not seem to respond

Edited by karate

Guest fester61

Ah,

No power as in won't switch on, period? even after removing battery and reinserting? Try to power on whilst holding down the vol up and vol down buttons if the streak starts and loads the upgrade / recovery screen all is not lost.

If it doesn't respond all I can suggest is that you have a hardware fault. Time to take it back for repair / replace

Ah,

No power as in won't switch on, period? even after removing battery and reinserting? Try to power on whilst holding down the vol up and vol down buttons if the streak starts and loads the upgrade / recovery screen all is not lost.

If it doesn't respond all I can suggest is that you have a hardware fault. Time to take it back for repair / replace

I tried everything but the device does not respond. Probably hardware failure, I will take it back

I tried everything but the device does not respond. Probably hardware failure, I will take it back

after reinserting the battery, without doing anything else

if you press volume up key and connect it to the usb does it try to install a new driver in windows ?

Guest HughMor

Hi. I just registered to say I'm having similar problems with my Dell Streak.

Even with the battery fully charged, it won't start up if I remove the battery. The only way to get it to power on is to plug in the charger. Funny thing is, after plugging it back in, it starts to charge again, even if it was saying the battery is full just seconds ago, before I pulled the battery out.

Another thing was it didn't seem to detect the battery at times when charging, so I stuck a bit of paper on the end of the battery (opposite end to where the connector is) as other people have done, and it hasn't shown the battery missing screen since.

I've done this charge/take battery out&put it back/ try to switch it on&fail/charge again for 10-20 min(until it says it's fully charged) cycle three times today. Out of curiosity, I'll try a few more times.

I'll be getting a replacement shortly anyways.

EDIT:

I'm running 2.2, out of the box, got it sim-free.

Edited by HughMor