HDMI output users please have a read

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Stephen Hyde

ok folks, any of you that use the hdmi output on streak im looking for info.

i need logcat outputs from streak while enabling hdmi to stream a video if possible (this may require official dell build to work properly at min)

need logs from before enabling hdmi through enabling and outputting a bit of video to deactivating it

trying to work out how the hell dell have coded it

Guest peterluc80

No, he wants log from someone at the time he said to enable hdmi output on his custom 2.2. I'm currently waiting for this feature on hyde 2.2 to buy hdmi dock. The possibility to have the complete display on tv like with real hdmi app for droid x will be so great.

Thanks for your work.

Guest slarty01

I use it with the latest 2.2 from dell it works well but only with Dell Video App, Outputs good 720p films and recordings to tv and asks if you want to swap output to a second output device when it detect the screen.

What information do youwant and how can I get it to you?

No, he wants log from someone at the time he said to enable hdmi output on his custom 2.2. I'm currently waiting for this feature on hyde 2.2 to buy hdmi dock. The possibility to have the complete display on tv like with real hdmi app for droid x will be so great.

Thanks for your work.

Guest Stephen Hyde
I use it with the latest 2.2 from dell it works well but only with Dell Video App, Outputs good 720p films and recordings to tv and asks if you want to swap output to a second output device when it detect the screen.

What information do youwant and how can I get it to you?

i need logs of switchiong to output and switching back if possible, and email or pm

Guest slarty01

Just loaded CatLog and will go up stairs and run a test on 2.2 11548 tried 4 .img files now to get to 1.4.6 and it won't have it

i need logs of switchiong to output and switching back if possible, and email or pm

Guest slarty01

ok cool I'll wait a bit and see whats what... I'm just getting the log to you, I started a film from es file explorter chose dells movies app inserted into doc and it started the clock app, I stopped that and the movies app asked me to choose the external hdmi output, I did this, played for a few seconds swapped input back from the streak screen button and stopped the video.

1.4.6 wont do hdmi at mo anyway need to likely be on an official build

Guest slarty01

In email btw what build is 1.4.6 based on now?

ok cool I'll wait a bit and see whats what... I'm just getting the log to you, I started a film from es file explorter chose dells movies app inserted into doc and it started the clock app, I stopped that and the movies app asked me to choose the external hdmi output, I did this, played for a few seconds swapped input back from the streak screen button and stopped the video.

Guest slarty01

right..

I'll leave it for the moment as I may be able to assist in the hdmi out with logs etc, I'd like to see a mirrored screen from hdmi out as I could see whats on the phone on the tv that would be nice. I still can't get the clock mod to run from boot every time I get the default update.pkg menu and I've tried 4 .mg files of xda developers and modaco. even tried the official app and none work. This is what stopped me trying your rom from 1.6 but oddly I was able to easily move from o2 1.6 to the 1158 2.2 image.. hmm

still mostly custom with a hell of alot of dell changes

Guest Stephen Hyde
right..

I'll leave it for the moment as I may be able to assist in the hdmi out with logs etc, I'd like to see a mirrored screen from hdmi out as I could see whats on the phone on the tv that would be nice. I still can't get the clock mod to run from boot every time I get the default update.pkg menu and I've tried 4 .mg files of xda developers and modaco. even tried the official app and none work. This is what stopped me trying your rom from 1.6 but oddly I was able to easily move from o2 1.6 to the 1158 2.2 image.. hmm

weird clockwork from here or xda should work

Guest slarty01

Yes I'm wondering if its the version of fastboot-windows.exe I'm using or the -i 0x413c flash recovery recoveryxxx.img was the log informative I saw the mp4 start and the dock initialise and query messages..

weird clockwork from here or xda should work

Guest Stephen Hyde
Yes I'm wondering if its the version of fastboot-windows.exe I'm using or the -i 0x413c flash recovery recoveryxxx.img was the log informative I saw the mp4 start and the dock initialise and query messages..

haven seen any email from ya :P try sending to steve1030[[@]]gmail.com remove the [[ &]] obviosuly :D

Guest slarty01

Done sorry the one in your profile has an_uk in it my bad :P

haven seen any email from ya :D try sending to steve1030[[@]]gmail.com remove the [[ &]] obviosuly :D

Guest slarty01

Hi

Just to say I did some testing on the HDMI out with 1.4.6 and it plays video to the Streak screen when docked but no audio as expected and no option comes up to say HDMI output detected any more. I know this is probably known just wanted to add findings from going from 2.2 to 1.4.6 and I can live with this as the benefits are huge!

just realised I sent it to yout hm account previously. did it arrive?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest ap4001
Any progress on this? I'm dying to use 1.5 with the HDMI output on the dock. I can test/send logs etc.

I guess we should lose all hope of any progress on this since we have no updates I assume no work is being done on it. I am back to stock. At least I know everyting works.

Guest Truenash

I've got a HDMI dock now, unfortunately no HDMI cable yet. Might nick the one from my Skybox to have a little play.

Can anyone point me to a tut for obtaining the logcat outputs, or just let me know how it's done? Sorry if that's ludicrously nooby, but at least we can start making progress!

Guest Truenash

Sorry for triple post, but hoping Steve will see :unsure:

I ran logcat from terminal emulator whilst running a video, pausing, unpausing, playing, rewinding, changing outputs a couple of times. Not completely sure where in the logcat file that takes place, nothing immediately sticks out as from the hdmi output. Do you want the whole file or can you give any clues so I can pick out bits you want?

EDIT:

This appears to be when I plugged the Streak into the dock. The kernel doesn't have dock station support?

W/DockObserver(  149): This kernel does not have dock station support

I/SystemServer(  149): Starting HdmiObserver

I/SystemServer(  149): Starting HomedockObserver

On latest O2 2.2 build, 1921-EU baseband, 2.6.32.9 kernel.

Edited by Truenash

Guest madd_dog
ok folks, any of you that use the hdmi output on streak im looking for info.

i need logcat outputs from streak while enabling hdmi to stream a video if possible (this may require official dell build to work properly at min)

need logs from before enabling hdmi through enabling and outputting a bit of video to deactivating it

trying to work out how the hell dell have coded it

Steve, Are you still waiting on this or do you have what you need? I am on your 1.5.2, and if you still need logs, I can get to official 2.2.

Let me know.

Guest ThaJadedFool

Hey DJ Steve How is this going?? Having any luck?? I so want to be able to send my display out to an hdmi monitor!!! =)

Edited by ThaJadedFool