Android, remote desktop?

Guest OmegaStalker

Guest OmegaStalker

Random question i recently found the joy of VLC remote on the android now i was wondering if there was any way to get a FREE remote desktop client so i could hypothetically access my computer from somewhere else? e.g. intiate some downloading on my way back from uni or even control the desktop while im in bed would be useful...

any such apps?

Thanks for any replies!

Two minutes searching for vnc or rdp in market is your way forward. Several free/payed apps. If you use a router you may need to forward the relevent port for outside access

Guest OmegaStalker

I checked around and it seems these are more remote controls then desktops and while they do solve the bed issuse lol =P they dont seem to be any "remote desktops" e.g. i can see what the computer sees and control it...

Guest OmegaStalker
TeamViewer BETA is by far the best, it's insanely easy to use. I'm at work at the moment and i'm remoting to my Win7 box at home as I speak.

Thanks this works really well =) random question its not possible to turn on the pc when its off remotely is there because then i could like do anything i want on my pc from anywhere!

Thanks this works really well =) random question its not possible to turn on the pc when its off remotely is there because then i could like do anything i want on my pc from anywhere!

option to turn it on with wake on lan connected to a router?

Guest synaptic.flaws
option to turn it on with wake on lan connected to a router?

the android remote is ver 6 the linux desktop is ver 5 , they wont talk

side note really irritated my misses with it today though >:P

Guest Wee Thomas
I checked around and it seems these are more remote controls then desktops and while they do solve the bed issuse lol =P they dont seem to be any "remote desktops" e.g. i can see what the computer sees and control it...

Well, that's the problem when searching for free apps isn't it? There are remote desktop apps that work and work well. You need to decide just how important it is for you.

Edited by Wee Thomas

Guest Tim6772

I have TightVNC on each of my Win laptops, AndroVNC on my Streak and Jaddu VNC on my 3G

Tip: drag VNC Server startup into Startup folder so it starts on Boot.

Ample instructions available via Net on port forwarding to control (Full Control) via 3G/wifi from anywhere.

My main use for VNC is limiting fights between my 6,7 & 8 yr olds over their laptop usage lol

Guest Johnston411

i'm probably missing something obvious but how do i use my unnattended set up credentials in the android app?

it seems only to have the option for the single session id

i can connect through the browser fine on 3g by logging into my teamviewer account but i'm sure you must be able to use the app

edit: scratch that i'm an idiot with a hangover :P

Edited by Johnston411

Guest OmegaStalker

Like i said i use teamviewer and its free for like another 2 months and then i will consider if its worth buying it...

its only really worth it if possible to wake up my pc from another location... but apparently thats a bit harder and longer lol...

Guest Hothan Dao
Random question i recently found the joy of VLC remote on the android now i was wondering if there was any way to get a FREE remote desktop client so i could hypothetically access my computer from somewhere else? e.g. intiate some downloading on my way back from uni or even control the desktop while im in bed would be useful...

any such apps?

Thanks for any replies!

Teamviewer ftw: http://www.teamviewer.com/download/mobile.aspx