Side-By-Side ROM Comparisons?

Guest vanisleguy1976

Guest vanisleguy1976

So, I got a tweet about a new forum... So new in fact that I was first to post in liquid e forum :D

It's called AndroidSPIN http://forum.androidspin.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1957 and they have something called the AndroidSPIN Release Matrix which can give you a side-by-side comparison of ROMS sorted by device. Only problem is, there is next to nothing in the list for our beloved Liquid :D

Here's the A1 list: http://db.androidspin.com/androidspin_rele...roid_phone_ID=8

And the E list: http://db.androidspin.com/androidspin_rele...r_id=&go=go

Considering how new the forum is, the info is very out dated and incomplete.

So, who would like to see this brought up to date? I for one would love to have this resource! I think it would lead to a lot less clutter in the threads (you know, same questions asked over and over whether something works or not, that kind of thing.) Whether it is updated through there, or we get a similar feature here, I'd love something like this!

I'll stop babbling now and let the voting begin!

:P

Guest vanisleguy1976
That site mentions Acer Liquid A1 with 1 Ghz Processor..lolz..

Yeah, I noticed that. And it's a little redundant to have separate forums for a1 and e, given the fact that the phones are nearly identical. Nonetheless, the release matrix is a stroke of genius!

Guest vanisleguy1976
lol redundant post is redundant.

Anyhow, I think this would be a neat idea, but the A1/S100 forums should be condensed.

I wonder... could be as simple as getting a pinned topic with a link to a google spreadsheet, like this:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Aj...amp;output=html

I'm willing to work on this! Could take me a few days in my spare time to get it rolling, but in the meantime, here's what they have over there for information. What is in this list that isn't necessary? What could we add to the list? I'd really appreciate some input here. And if any of the developers would like to contact me with the specs from their roms, I can start to get this ball rolling. I just don't have the time to go through all the pages finding out what works/doesn't work/is buggy/etc., or what is pre-installed with each and every ROM.

Release Date:

Last Update:

Base OS:

Supported Devices:

BASE: Description:

BASE: Original Phone:

BASE: Original Company:

BASE: SPL Required:

SYS: Camera Still:

SYS: Android Market:

SYS: Lock Screen:

SYS: Dialer:

SYS: Bluetooth:

SYS: Orientation on Home:

SYS: Orientation:

SYS: HTC Framework:

SYS: Interface:

SYS: Build Number:

SYS: Locales:

SYS: Wifi:

SYS: Radio Required:

SYS: Camera Video:

SYS: Software Version:

SYS: Baseband Version:

SYS: Kernel Version:

SYS: Free Memory:

SYNC: Google Sync:

SYNC: Exchange ActiveSync:

SYNC: Exchange Email:

SYNC: Desktop Outlook:

IM: AIM:

IM: Yahoo:

IM: MSN:

IM: Gtalk:

INPUT: T9:

INPUT: Virtual Keyboard:

INPUT: Chinese Input:

MOD: Multi Touch:

MOD: Apps 2 SD:

MOD: Tethering / Netfiler:

MOD: Themed in ROM:

MOD: Number of Home Screens:

MOD: BusyBox:

MOD: Increased Ringer Volume:

MOD: Superuser:

APPS: MyFaves:

APPS: Flash Support:

APPS: Browser:

APPS: Other Applications:

APPS: Music Player:

APPS: Twitter:

APPS: MySpace:

APPS: YouTube:

APPS: Amazon MP3:

APPS: Enhanced Settings:

APPS: Terminal Emulator:

APPS: PDF Viewer:

APPS: Messaging (text):

APPS: Facebook:

Edited by vanisleguy1976

Guest studjuice

I have been using androidspin for almost a year now (G1), so I find it funny that you Liquid guys are just now finding it. But since i'll be getting a Liquid soon, I'd like to help out with starting this up as best I can.

Guest vanisleguy1976
I have been using androidspin for almost a year now (G1), so I find it funny that you Liquid guys are just now finding it. But since i'll be getting a Liquid soon, I'd like to help out with starting this up as best I can.

Yeah, I realized after I called it a new forum that it wasn't so new after all... Just not populated with us liquid folks :P

Congratulations on getting a liquid! You've found the best community on the web for this superb device :D

Guest studjuice
Yeah, I realized after I called it a new forum that it wasn't so new after all... Just not populated with us liquid folks :D

Congratulations on getting a liquid! You've found the best community on the web for this superb device :D

Well thank you, I should be receiving it some time next week. I'm excited to be able to contribute to the Liquid dev scene, lots of potential here.

Also I found out that the phone I am getting is one of the first 10 that were made :P

Edited by studjuice

Guest HustlinDaily
I wonder... could be as simple as getting a pinned topic with a link to a google spreadsheet, like this:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=0Aj...amp;output=html

I'm willing to work on this! Could take me a few days in my spare time to get it rolling, but in the meantime, here's what they have over there for information. What is in this list that isn't necessary? What could we add to the list? I'd really appreciate some input here. And if any of the developers would like to contact me with the specs from their roms, I can start to get this ball rolling. I just don't have the time to go through all the pages finding out what works/doesn't work/is buggy/etc., or what is pre-installed with each and every ROM.

Add a SYS: Proximity Sensor, SYS: Haptic Feedback and SYS: LED Lights (as there are some ROMs in which these 3 do not work)

You can get rid of most of the APPS (ie MyFaves, Amazon MP3, Twitter, Facebook)

Also maybe add a MOD: Overclock Kernel. Maybe even a MOD: Battery Percentage

All else seems good.

Edited by HustlinDaily

Guest vanisleguy1976
Add a SYS: Proximity Sensor, SYS: Haptic Feedback and SYS: LED Lights (as there are some ROMs in which these 3 do not work)

You can get rid of most of the APPS (ie MyFaves, Amazon MP3, Twitter, Facebook)

Also maybe add a MOD: Overclock Kernel. Maybe even a MOD: Battery Percentage

All else seems good.

Good ideas, thank you! Had to work some extra shifts this week, so I haven't had a chance to work on this much yet, but (as long as none of my other co-workers succumbs to the flu), I'll get on this tomorrow!

Thanks!

:P

Guest vanisleguy1976
Well thank you, I should be receiving it some time next week. I'm excited to be able to contribute to the Liquid dev scene, lots of potential here.

Also I found out that the phone I am getting is one of the first 10 that were made :P

A NEW DEV? I'm tingling with anticipation!!!

Guest studjuice
A NEW DEV? I'm tingling with anticipation!!!

haha i'm not really anything yet. just a rom cooker for g1 since June. haven't done any source work (yet... will start some over christmas break). but i'll say that the good thing about the way i learned is that i found out the hard way what each file does, and that since i'm used to the G1 optimizing built into my nature.

if I could get one thing accomplished it'd be to help get CM6.1 officially on the Liquid, for real. I know it's supposed to happen, but 6.1 is still not released yet, so it's kinda bittersweet :/