Name/Location of Advent Vega Recovery Driver?

Guest trevor432990

Guest trevor432990

Trying to carry out a full system restore to install the full 1.0.4 version but the instructions in the manual states "if this is the first time you have completed this you will need to install the Advent Vega recovery driver" but I cannot find out where it is located? After running the Advent Companion set-up routine (see other post) I was left with just the four files And_Console, Installbanner, USB_Detection, USB_Detection.InstallState in the companion's folder so at a loss to find out where the driver is and how to install it on the PC?

Guest welshblob
Trying to carry out a full system restore to install the full 1.0.4 version but the instructions in the manual states "if this is the first time you have completed this you will need to install the Advent Vega recovery driver" but I cannot find out where it is located? After running the Advent Companion set-up routine (see other post) I was left with just the four files And_Console, Installbanner, USB_Detection, USB_Detection.InstallState in the companion's folder so at a loss to find out where the driver is and how to install it on the PC?

The official vega one is on the adventvega website where the 1.04 download was and also the pdf instructions -> http://www.myadventvega.co.uk/

I'm not sure how these drivers differ from what paul has provided in the r3 mod so you may have to upgrade them after.

btw I used WinXP so don't have experience of vista or 7 in case you are using those.

Rob

Edited by welshblob

Guest trevor432990
The official vega one is on the adventvega website where the 1.04 download was and also the pdf instructions -> http://www.myadventvega.co.uk/

I'm not sure how these drivers differ from what paul has provided in the r3 mod so you may have to upgrade them after.

btw I used WinXP so don't have experience of vista or 7 in case you are using those.

Rob

Thanks Rob I've checked the official vega website again but all I can see in the way of drivers was the 'USB System Driver' not the 'Recovery Driver' mentioned in the Full System Restore manual or is it located within the 'USB System Driver' zip file? As you can imagine I am being super cautious as I don't want to brick my device so soon after getting it :P I am struggling to understand the terminology so I've no idea what the R3 mod is and the Dixons support websit is so sparce on information.

Trev

Guest trevor432990
Thanks Rob I've checked the official vega website again but all I can see in the way of drivers was the 'USB System Driver' not the 'Recovery Driver' mentioned in the Full System Restore manual or is it located within the 'USB System Driver' zip file? As you can imagine I am being super cautious as I don't want to brick my device so soon after getting it :P I am struggling to understand the terminology so I've no idea what the R3 mod is and the Dixons support websit is so sparce on information.

Trev

Well I took a deep breath and carried out the update to v1.04 using the 'USB System Driver' and it all worked fine so in answer to my own question. Yes, the 'Recovery Driver' is part of this driver download. So will close this post if I can. Thanks again