Baseband Version Unknown - US Streak - stuck and requesting help!

Guest whostorm05

Guest whostorm05

Hi Everyone,

Dell Streak - US - started with 1.6 and I've honestly lost track of what all I tried.

Here's where I am at now:

Firmware version: 1.6

Baseband version: Unknown

Kernel version: 2.6.29-perf

OEM version: GAUSB1A111231

Build Number: 6601

Buttons to the right are flashing periodically.

At this point I really would like to at least get the phone working again. When I plug the usb cable in when the phone is booted up the PC does not see it. I can get WIFI to work, but no cell signal.

Any suggestions on what I should try next? I was trying to go to 2.2 via the O2 1.6 build. That worked, but then went I tried to go 02 1.6 to US 2.2 it failed. I found a restore package and got 6601 back, but with no cell service.

I appreciate the help in advance.

Guest whostorm05
going to guess you need a baseband flash, so id head back to 2.2 :P

I never quite made it to 2.2 I was at O2 1.6 before things went south. I'm also stuck on how I would copy files to the phone memory since I can't get the market to work to download anything. I could try going back to O2 1.6 to see what happens.

Guest Stephen Hyde

you could try the tool we use for fixing bricked streaks, would get you onto 2.2 also :P

drop into irc #dellstreak on freenode and someone will help you out with it

Guest Wee Thomas
I never quite made it to 2.2 I was at O2 1.6 before things went south. I'm also stuck on how I would copy files to the phone memory since I can't get the market to work to download anything. I could try going back to O2 1.6 to see what happens.

You do realize the SD card can be removed from the phone and accessed using a PC. . .