Calling all graphic designers

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest Stephen Hyde

evening folks, just wondering if theirs any graphic designers in here who fancy making me a basic boot animation for my froyo build - getting sick of the dell one.

anyone fancy it ? of course youd get credit in release notes .

Guest furryfrog
evening folks, just wondering if theirs any graphic designers in here who fancy making me a basic boot animation for my froyo build - getting sick of the dell one.

That could be fun, if I had the talent.

I'm also guessing that you see that screen more than anyone here :P

Guest Johnny82
yep just a bit :P

Gder here. Ill do it for free. On road right now so if no one else takes you up on the offer when I get back ill send samples amd we will get crackin.

Guest kohiiou

I know this is a little off topic, but I am just wondering where is the boot logo kept?

Just asking for people with compulsive disorders who like to regularly change the boot image~ :D

EDIT: Sorry, a little quick to reply. Found this: http://androidforums.com/eris-all-things-r...kateboards.html

I'm assuming changing the boot image requires a flash. :P

Is it me, or is there two different splash screens at boot? One static and one animated image?

EDIT: Wow.. Sorry. I am quick to jump the gun. I think I may have ADD...

Found this: /system/media/bootanimation.zip

Running Steve's 1.4.6 Froyo rom~

Edited by kohiiou

Was thinking about this last nite

Guest kirkla79

I would actually prefer landscape, since I only ever use landscape unless an app only works in portrait.

Sometimes I wonder if I am the only person that dislikes portrait mode....

I would actually prefer landscape, since I only ever use landscape unless an app only works in portrait.

Sometimes I wonder if I am the only person that dislikes portrait mode....

I am sure you are not the only one, but for me i use it more as a phone. Its a phone with tablet function( that my own personal option) so i will alway just it in portrait mode as i would when using a phone. Landscape mode are for me like web browsing, youtubing, gallery browsing

http://www.dkszone.net/how-to-create-custo...t-animation-for << thats info on how to create the file

I got an idea for your ROM bootanimation... it's very simple but I think it sums up your ROM(s). It's simple yet informative, shows variety, hard work, and most of all... PROGRESS.

Part 0 = will animate from the very first version of your ROM, starting from Beta all the way to 1.4.3 (ie. V1 - V1.1 - V1.1.1 - 1.2.... - V1.4.3)

Part 1 = Which is the static one until the phone loads, displays the current version (ie. 1.4.6)

Of course since they're just png files, you can easily transfer the png file from part 1 to part 0 when you come up with a newer version. Part 1 .png file can then be updated by the creator.

Now for added extras to make it all fancy-shmanzy is totally up to you. Just an example, each associated .png file for each version will display an icon or something that will show the highlight(s) of the ROM. Like 1.4.1 shows a setCPU icon, 1.4.3 the Loud MOFO version will have a speaker icon or something, while 1.4.6 will show the USB Tether icon.

Guest Stephen Hyde
What type of thing did you have in mind Mr Hyde???

Just messing about for 5 mins to see if I remember how to do animation in photoshop - http://db.tt/BbQ8i6O will need to rename to bootanimation.zip

not entirely sure just something unique rather than dells animation :P

Guest superutp
not entirely sure just something unique rather than dells animation :P

how about something like...

starts of with the dell logo....but before it can go on a green droid comes n kicks the dell logo off...

so the droid remains and below it says StreakDroid 1.4.6 by dj steve....

:D..i have no idea of how to make it though...

Guest Stephen Hyde

starts of with the dell logo....but before it can go on a green droid comes n kicks the dell logo off...

:P..i have no idea of how to make it though...

have had that one suggested before and like it but i dont know if anyone would be able to do it

Guest Stephen Hyde

:P..i have no idea of how to make it though...

have had that one suggested before and like it but i dont know if anyone would be able to do it