Calling all graphic designers

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest nicksoph
have had that one suggested before and like it but i dont know if anyone would be able to do it

i think i can make a simple version -

dell logo in centre

droid slides in from the side and stops next to logo - elbow bends knocking dell logo off other side droid moves to centre

Not sure how many frames it would take tho

reply if its worth doing - i suspect there are better designers and artists on here

EDIT: giving it a go

Edited by nicksoph

Guest extrememonkey
first go

256 colours - otherwise too large

made image then faded it out

made for san frans disco

cant get this to load up..... DELL logo then blank then onto lockscreen????

cant get this to load up..... DELL logo then blank then onto lockscreen????

Extract the 3 files, part 1, part 0, desc and then zip it up again with no compression and you're set..

Guest nicksoph
Extract the 3 files, part 1, part 0, desc and then zip it up again with no compression and you're set..

thanks - sorry did do that the first time I zipped it and then made a change and zipped it up again with compression.

will fix later

Guest nicksoph

heres an attempt - not sure if its worth topping and tailing but if you think you might use it will finish it - off to bed now (4 hours ahead of you here)

Will need packing if you want to try it on the dell but you can flick thru without packing

dell.zip

Edited by nicksoph

heres an attempt - not sure if its worth topping and tailing but if you think you might use it will finish it - off to bed now (4 hours ahead of you here)

Will need packing if you want to try it on the dell but you can flick thru without packing

This looks promising... keep it up dude. The sooner you finish I think the sooner we get 1.4.7...or even 1.5 =)

it'd be nice if someone can incorporate this walking android.... there's already a bootanimation like this so the png files are there..

post-715494-1290977049_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cue_32

was thinking about doing something with the Dell Logo. Maybe Streak it about the screen madly then boom up to the "front" of the screen with the Dell D being the first letter in DJ Steve logo..

on black background would look good :P

Guest RichB93

Liked the intro from extrememonkey's boot anim, have repacked it with just the cheeky droid popping up here and there :P

Also worth noting that anyone making these boot animations should use OptiPNG to optimize their PNGs prior to zipping them. This usually yields quite a significant size improvement over the original unoptimized pngs.

cheekydroid.zip

Guest Stephen Hyde

Some very good ones coming in here. Would definately be interested in a one kicking dell logo about.... They will have to be landscape at min due to framebuffer layout. Portrait ones will look weird

Guest Wonsanim
Some very good ones coming in here. Would definately be interested in a one kicking dell logo about.... They will have to be landscape at min due to framebuffer layout. Portrait ones will look weird

+1