Calling all graphic designers

Guest Stephen Hyde

Guest yosemite-sam
because androids bootanimation IS NOT a gif its a group of png files

i had probs with compression with both posting and making boot anims, i try and keep boot anims as small as possible but lose colour quality. so compared to the nexus one boot anim with crisp colours at small size, i have to reduce the quality so colours can end up bland.

keeping the frames and the quality low is i can do at the mo.

Guest chrisrotolo

anyone know the largest size this can be? has anyone seen a full screen boot animation yet for streak?

anyone removed the dell splash startup either?

just checking..

yosemite-sam.. whats the light above the dell logo? will it shine or is it some gradient effect?

Guest yosemite-sam
Also - 17mb isn't too much of an issue for a boot animation.

I've seen them bigger than that and they run fine.

im ok with that, the boot animation i did of the final fantasy guy on the bike was only 11mb for the whole bootanimation,zip file. but if i ever need to post samples of any ive done on free photo sharing sites i have probs. i dont have much luck reducing large animated gifs to a small size, the file that was 17mb was an animated gif, i posted a still of it which shows in good quality but i couldnt post the better quality one if it animated as most free sites have only a 5mb filesize limit.

anyone know the largest size this can be? has anyone seen a full screen boot animation yet for streak?

anyone removed the dell splash startup either?

just checking..

yosemite-sam.. whats the light above the dell logo? will it shine or is it some gradient effect?

i just set them to 800 x 480 for landscape and 480 x 800 for portait. that white thing above the logo is a animated cloud, abit had to tell from the crappy animated gif lol

Edited by yosemite-sam