The only CM6 overclock thread you'll ever need

Guest iKrautDroid

Guest iKrautDroid

For all you noobs who cant find any nice overclock kernels, all you ever needed is here.

Now for a short description of all the kernels:

If you ask me, this is the minimum for running CM6

A bit more power, still very stable ( in my opinion )

729/748

The maximum! Many poeple who have used the 748 mhz kernel complained about frequent reboots ( I dont have any problems, but you might not be so lucky ) so you might consider running 729 mhz

Setting overclock speed:

Get the set cpu app by joining xda-develepors or buy the donation-version in the market.

Now the most important part: Download links:

Are to be found in the optional section of

Richards rom:

http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1472265

Enjoy!!

Edited by iKrautDroid

Guest AntonioPT

This has got to be one of the messiest tutorials I've ever seen.

No "noob" could ever use this tutorial. Even I have difficulty understanding what you mean.

Next time, don't repeat yourself three times, be more concise and try to make the tutorial as noob-friendly as it can get.

Guest spanner44

Give this guy or gal a break, they are trying to make it easier for any of us to find the sources and links of the Overclock kernals which seemed to be asked about so many times, we people just saying use the search.

Unfortunately, the way this guide is written, isn't as clear as it should be, and instead of a link to another thread, it would be better if the links to the individual Overclock add ons were listed under the descriptions.

Also when this guide is perfected, it should either be added in the Ultimate Pulse Guide or as a separate Sticky, so that it doesn't get lost within all the threads.

Perhaps someone, who is able and authorised to do so, could either do a proper sticky version or amend the Ultimate guide.

Guest iKrautDroid
This has got to be one of the messiest tutorials I've ever seen.

No "noob" could ever use this tutorial. Even I have difficulty understanding what you mean.

Next time, don't repeat yourself three times, be more concise and try to make the tutorial as noob-friendly as it can get.

Sorry about the reprating thing...

I wrote this on my pulse and tried to copy in the link to the kernels.

It went horribly wrong... :P

Guest pitterr

Am I the only one who doesn't get it how to overclock CM6 after I read this or any other topic in here? I mean what is about 729/748 mhz? The last time with CM6 0.30 the maximum was 691 to me. So, what should I do to get 729/748 mhz? I guess you see there is already the CM6 0.40, so something (how to, step by step) which is working on it would be perfekt. Thanks in advance.

Guest iKrautDroid
Am I the only one who doesn't get it how to overclock CM6 after I read this or any other topic in here? I mean what is about 729/748 mhz? The last time with CM6 0.30 the maximum was 691 to me. So, what should I do to get 729/748 mhz? I guess you see there is already the CM6 0.40, so something (how to, step by step) which is working on it would be perfekt. Thanks in advance.

Download the 710 MHz (best in my opinion).

Then boot into recovery (power+menu+red)

and flash the zip kernel you downloaded.

The get the set CPU app from the market or join xda-devs

and get it for free.

Than grant set CPU superuser permissions.

Now set the overclock to your desired speed.