Clockwork mod

Guest kwft

*ahem* Hi folks, my names kwft & I'm an android rom newbie*

With that out the way, I've been looking to upgrade my unlocked 00 streak on official 2.2 to Stephens rom BUT reading through I've realised I don't understand 2 of the steps...

All to do with 'clockworkmod' thing. I take it it's this app that's required? http://www.appbrain.com/app/rom-manager/co...utta.rommanager

If so, how do I do the following?

Other Requirements

ClockworkMod Recovery Flashed and working

How do I verify it's working?

5. Once your device has booted shut down again and boot into clockwork recovery by doing the following

boot to recovery as per step 1 then choose option 2.

This is the step that most confuses me, I really can't figure out what's required : "shut down again and boot into clockwork recovery" seems obvious but then it says "by doing the following boot to recovery as per step 1"

Well step 1 of the instructions states: "1. Copy the update zip to your memory card first" So what am I mis-reading/not understanding???

"then choose option 2" - That's option 2 in clockwork to load a custom rom from what I've gathered from searching other threads :P

The threads are many & varied when searching this forum for clockwork so a bit lost really; I'm know I'm missing something obvious but I refuse to start an upgrade process I don't fully understand, just in case I brick it.

Oh & will Dell backup & restore work with Stephens rom; & is it necessary/the best option for backing up my current configuration?

Thanks for any & all help offered, this is doing my nut in!

*Not a complete noob, been doing iphones since yellowsn0w, hacked my wii, built a linux xbmc box & countless device updates etc, but it's getting late & I'm getting snow blind on the search page :D