[Splash] Nice Android splash.

Guest Frankish

Guest Frankish

Here is a nice splash image and boot animation. Made by someone called madeli on xda. I've edited the splash image so it is centred on our San Francisco due to the crazy nature of this phone! I recommend you only use this if you're on Froyo. It may work on 2.1 roms but there may be strange effects.

Here are preview pics of them.

Splash Image

splash10.png

Boot Animation

android.gif

Download Links

Download Splash Image

Download Boot Animation

Instructions on how to flash will be added to second post.

Edited by Frankish

Guest Frankish

Splash Image Install.

To use splash image you need fastboot or the full android sdk. Copy splash.img to the folder containing fastboot.

Now open a command prompt and cd to the fastboot folder. Type "fastboot flash splash splash.img" without quotations.

Bootanimation Install

You can do this through adb or using Android Commander in recovery. The easiest way is to use Root Explorer, go to the folder /system/media/. Delete bootanimation.zip. Now just copy the new one to this location and reboot.

Edited by Frankish

Splash Image Install.

To use splash image you need fastboot or the full android sdk. Copy splash.img to the folder containing fastboot.

Now open a command prompt and cd to the fastboot folder. Type "fastboot flash splash splash.img" without quotations.

Bootanimation Install

You can do this through adb or using Android Commander in recovery. The easiest way is to use Root Explorer, go to the folder /system/media/. Delete bootanimation.zip. Now just copy the new one to this location and reboot.

Sweet thanks. I'm using BladeVillion and fastbooted the splash and copy over the animation both work fine. However inbetween the splash and the animation I get the BladeVillion image - how can I change this one aswell? Also, is there any way to make the animation loop - after the animation finishes I get 23 seconds of blank screen before the OS boots up.

Guest Frankish

@Ash_P That's due to you using a rom based on 2.1. The bootanimation is taken from framework and then from /media/ too. So it's doing 2. On froyo this boot animation does not show any other and no blank screen either. Sorry i should have mentioned this.

@leetron1 Nandroid does not backup the splash part. You would need to find the original splash somehow and flash that back. I'll look into finding the original for you but you should try looking too.

Guest myfeetsmell

Thanks for the splash screen Frankish just put it on mine via fastboot, but i now get both your splash screen and the green droid after.

Any ideas

cheers

Phil

Guest myfeetsmell
I think the green droid is the boot animation too maybe for the rom you're on. Are you on MCR?

the green droid isnt my boot animation as i am on pauls r4 and i replace the animation with another one from the forum. So when i boot the phone i get your splash screen then the green droid followed by my own boot ani, strange huh

Guest leetron1
@Ash_P That's due to you using a rom based on 2.1. The bootanimation is taken from framework and then from /media/ too. So it's doing 2. On froyo this boot animation does not show any other and no blank screen either. Sorry i should have mentioned this.

@leetron1 Nandroid does not backup the splash part. You would need to find the original splash somehow and flash that back. I'll look into finding the original for you but you should try looking too.

Had a good look..cant find it..any joy?

Had a good look..cant find it..any joy?

Anygot a dd from a blade with the standard splash ?

dd if=/dev/mtd/mtd2 of=/sdcard/splash.img bs=4096

Edited by Ash_P

Guest abbas_sheikh
That is very strange. I wish i could help. I guess i should advertise to only use this if you're running Froyo?

Dont know if it gives you any clues, I get this effect with HedgeHog RLS2 (Eclair), your splash and then hedgehog splash and then your boot animation.

For those on the 2.1 rom

ONLY download and flash the splash screen

dont install the boot animation and you'll be fine

2.1 roms have a got animation its in the frameword-res.apk file

to change it you MUST have 24 pictures named OUK_480x800_01.png

to OUK_480x800_24.png

They MUST be .png images and must be 480x800 in size

grab your framework-res.apk from the rom image you used to flash onto your phone, or using adb pull /system/framework/framework-res.apk framework-res.apk (or using android commander a nice windows program)

Download and install 7-zip if you dont have it (google it)

once installed right click your framework-res.apk file and choose 7-zip then Open archive

once open double click assets then images

now highlight YOUR 24 images and drag them into the images folder in the 7-zip program

it will ask you if you want to do this, say yes

then close the program, it will ask if you want to update the framework-res.apk file say yes

now flash it into your phone in the same way you took it out

reboot and you have your new boot animation

IF you dont have 24 images to use, you can copy several images to make a slow moving animation, or have 24 images of the same picture

but there MUST be 24 images and they MUST be named as above

(done from memory so hopefully I've included every step, but the notification may be slightly different but have the same meaning)

Edited by Lew247

Guest abbas_sheikh

@Lew247, I think that is good for MCR but I am using HedgeHog RLS2 and when I pull framework-res.apk it does not contain those 24 files or the HedgeHog image which I get before animation. splash is already replaced as described by 2nd post in this thread.

hi, i tried to flash the splash image

i typted in cmd "fastboot-windows flash splash splash.img"

cmd said waiting for device, i've waited for 15min but nothing still nothing happens? (still saying waiting for device)

what am i doing wrong?

i'm using the bladevillainrom1.1.0

Guest leetron1
Here is the default splash screen (only the android on the screen)

It's from the hungarian T-Mobile ROM.

Many thanks, my friend..really enjoying my SF & specially all the hard work and goodwill of the posters here at Modaco..roll on a fully functional 2.2 :P

Guest Frankish
hi, i tried to flash the splash image

i typted in cmd "fastboot-windows flash splash splash.img"

cmd said waiting for device, i've waited for 15min but nothing still nothing happens? (still saying waiting for device)

what am i doing wrong?

i'm using the bladevillainrom1.1.0

Sorry a step missing is turn off your phone. Now hold volume up and power on. It will hang at your splash screen, the phone is now in fastboot mode. Now type "fastboot flash splash splash.img".

@markusj Thanks for that, i wish i made a backup before i set about making new splash screens!

Sorry a step missing is turn off your phone. Now hold volume up and power on. It will hang at your splash screen, the phone is now in fastboot mode. Now type "fastboot flash splash splash.img".

@markusj Thanks for that, i wish i made a backup before i set about making new splash screens!

thank you

i thought i had to hold volume down and power up =p

Guest markusj
You are running BladeVillain too, right ?

Did you manage to get the Splash screen or the boot animation working ?

I use bV too, both screens worked like charm.

(except that there were some colored pixels on the top of my splash screen, I've got no clue, why)

Edited by markusj

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Woshmistro

Question: I've installed the boot animation using the framework-res.apk method for my 2.1 ROM, which was successful. I'd like to know how I can make the animation loop?