Bought a Vega? Or thinking about it?

Guest removed-14

Guest Simon Edwards

I'd like one, but I'd like it even more if it had 802.11n WiFi for fast media streaming.

Does anyone know if this is likely to appear on a P1AN01 machine in the near future?

• 2 weeks later...

Having played with an iPad for a few hours earlier this week, it has re-affirmed that I want / need a tablet device and at the minute, the Vega seems to meet my requirements for performance, usability & cost.

When I get it (i.e. when PCW / Currys / Dixons actually have any in stock that I can order) I'll join up as Ad Free to get the updated ROM & PP.

Guest rvdgeer
Having played with an iPad for a few hours earlier this week, it has re-affirmed that I want / need a tablet device and at the minute, the Vega seems to meet my requirements for performance, usability & cost.

When I get it (i.e. when PCW / Currys / Dixons actually have any in stock that I can order) I'll join up as Ad Free to get the updated ROM & PP.

Still on stock firmware for 2 reasons:

- I have USB Host mode enabled and need to know if I can help in getting you this too :)

- I have to wait till december 25th to offically unwrap and flash it :)

Guest redmongoose

Now that mine arrived I am very happy with it althought there are impovements to be made – sort the keyboard out typing this has been a nightmare :) . The poor viewing angles are ok for me until Googles flagship arrives next year - whatever that maybe :)

Guest burden010
Now that mine arrived I am very happy with it althought there are impovements to be made – sort the keyboard out typing this has been a nightmare ;) . The poor viewing angles are ok for me until Googles flagship arrives next year - whatever that maybe :)

Are the viewing angles bad? I've been trying to see one in store for some time just to check the viewing angles but obviously there is no stock so I can't!

Guest thedicemaster

viewing angle is a bit odd.

when in regular landscape you need to be right in front of the screen, or higher.

for watching movies while the tablet is resting almost flat you can actually get a better angle when it's up-side down.

which, thankfully, is no problem with how the tablet was designed.