Trouble with my Omnia i910

Guest 4dugnlea

Guest 4dugnlea

I bought a Samsung Omnia i910 off of ebay a couple of months ago. At first I really did not like it...my smart phone is smarter than I am! I have gotten used to it and now I really love it. But a couple week ago it started acting up. When I would turn it on in the mornings the battery would be dead when it was fine the night before when I turned it off. Then about a week ago it started not turning back on unless I take the battery out and put it back in. It does it with both of my batteries that I have for it. I don't want to lose my pictures that I have on the phone. I am afraid to do anything without asking first because I don't want to make it worse. Also, I have managed to delete my VZApp program so that it does not work. I don't know how to put apps or anything else on my phone. I know I could do so much more with this phone and I hope thru this site and your help I can make the most of it. Thanks in advance for any help

Guest awarner

Welcome to the site :P

Have you tried connecting your phone to your PC?

To syncronise your phone you need either Activesync if using Windows XP or Mobile Device Center with Vista and Windows 7.

Once you have your phone connected I would personally transfer your photos over to the PC and syncronise your emails and contacts with Outlook (hopefully you have Office on your PC) then i would be tempted to hard reset your phone to restore it to its default settings.

that should hopefully fix your problem, if not then it may be time to look at flashing (installing) a new ROM but I would strongle usrge you to make sure you are technically able and used to the phone before doing so.

More information can be found in the i9x0 section of the site.

http://www.modaco.com/category/342/i9x0-om...nia-modaco-com/

Hope this helps

Guest 4dugnlea

I found online that I needed activesync. I downloaded it on my computer this morning (the software was not included with my phone) and I did transfer my pics to the computer. I did not do the contacts and I don't use email on my phone so that's no big deal. I would not want to try flashing it myself as I don't think I am technically able.. :P If I do a hard reset which way should I do it. Also, is the activesync the program that I would use to download apps? Thanks