DELL STREAK

Guest kingkongstreak

Guest kingkongstreak

HI GUYS, I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP. I'M AT THE MOMENT ON O2 2.1 AND TRYING TU UPDATE TO DJ STEVE 1.4.6 .I HAVE TRYED OVER 50 TIMES AND STILL NO LUCK.I CAN GET UP TO FASTBOOT MODE AND THEN OPEN COMMAND PROMPT AND FOLLOW THE STEP 1 AND STEP 2 BUT NOTHING HAPPENS STREAK STILL STAYS ON FASTBOOT MODE , PLEASE HELP

Guest jayjayn1
HI GUYS, I REALLY NEED YOUR HELP. I'M AT THE MOMENT ON O2 2.1 AND TRYING TU UPDATE TO DJ STEVE 1.4.6 .I HAVE TRYED OVER 50 TIMES AND STILL NO LUCK.I CAN GET UP TO FASTBOOT MODE AND THEN OPEN COMMAND PROMPT AND FOLLOW THE STEP 1 AND STEP 2 BUT NOTHING HAPPENS STREAK STILL STAYS ON FASTBOOT MODE , PLEASE HELP

Try flashing V 1.1.1 first

Then Flash new baseband

Then flash new baseband V 1.2.0

Then Flash V 1.4.6

That should work no problems

Guest jayjayn1
Try flashing V 1.1.1 first

Then Flash new baseband

Then flash new baseband V 1.2.0

Then Flash V 1.4.6

That should work no problems

You also need to use clockworkmod recovery

You should really clarify where you're stuck at... sounds like you dont have adb setup. When you plug in does the display on the Streak change from 'Waiting for USB device' to FASTBOOTMODE?

If it does then run adb devices...once you see your serial number then continue with the instructions.

Just as Jay said above...

Guest kingkongstreak
You should really clarify where you're stuck at... sounds like you dont have adb setup. When you plug in does the display on the Streak change from 'Waiting for USB device' to FASTBOOTMODE?

If it does then run adb devices...once you see your serial number then continue with the instructions.

Just as Jay said above...

im all new to this, yes it does change to fastbootmode and next i run command prompt but nothing changes. how do i run adb devices and where do i get it from

im all new to this, yes it does change to fastbootmode and next i run command prompt but nothing changes. how do i run adb devices and where do i get it from

Open command prompt and change directory to the folder where your ADB.exe\fastboot.exe is located. If you followed the typical instructions in installing Android SDK you would have probably saved it under C:\AndroidSDK\Tools.

Once you're in the path type

adb devices

then you'll get

C:\androidsdk\tools>adb devices

List of devices attached

0011954000046560 device

if you see that, then you have a successful adb connection to your device

Guest kingkongstreak
Open command prompt and change directory to the folder where your ADB.exe\fastboot.exe is located. If you followed the typical instructions in installing Android SDK you would have probably saved it under C:\AndroidSDK\Tools.

Once you're in the path type

adb devices

then you'll get

C:\androidsdk\tools>adb devices

List of devices attached

0011954000046560 device

if you see that, then you have a successful adb connection to your device

very much appreciated i will be trying straight. thanks again.