Contacts conundrum

Guest elkay62

Guest elkay62

I added a new contact from a received call. I am 99% sure that I made sure it was set as a Gmail contact...however, it turns out it is a Phone Contact/PC Sync :P

Anyway, I changed loads originally under 1.6 to Gmail contacts, by changing the type when editing the contact. However, now that I am on 2.1 (CPW official), I can't see this option anywhere [even more :D ]

How could they be so dumb as to remove such a sensible feature? Or at least hide it where it can't be found.

Am I missing something?

elkay

Guest elkay62
Hi,

when you are at contacts screen list press menu then display options.. tah-dah! :P

At least that's on my euroopen 2.1 rom.

Cheers!

Thanks for trying, unfortunately doesn't solve my problem.

My phone contacts show up ok when I search, however I want to change them to gmail contacts so that they are synched with my Gmail account. The option to do this was present in 1.6 but I can't find it in 2.1 :-(

elkay

Hmmm...

Maybe you can export your contacts on sd card:

when you are at contacts screen list press menu then more, then import/export... then...

When you get .csv file import that file on gmail account via your computer - then sync.

p.s.-Tell me if you managed to do that. :P

Guest elkay62
Hmmm...

Maybe you can export your contacts on sd card:

when you are at contacts screen list press menu then more, then import/export... then...

When you get .csv file import that file on gmail account via your computer - then sync.

p.s.-Tell me if you managed to do that. ;)

I only have a couple that need changed, so not worth the hassle. Just frustrated that the option to change contact type has been removed.

elkay