Streak -- Bluetooth paring issues with Parrot CK3300

Guest ameiurus

Guest ameiurus

I have a Parrot CK3300 hands-free that will not pair with my Streak. It just says "paring failed" on the CK3300 display. Doesn't say anything on the phone. I opened a ticket with Parrot and they think the Streak is trying to auto-pair with the Parrot and since the passcode for the CK3300 is not the standard "0000" it fails. Seems like a reasonable theory to me.

My question is: Is there a way to modify the default passcode on the Streak? Or disable auto-pair altogether? I had this issue with both Donut (1.6) and Froyo (2.2). Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest jnovello
I have a Parrot CK3300 hands-free that will not pair with my Streak. It just says "paring failed" on the CK3300 display. Doesn't say anything on the phone. I opened a ticket with Parrot and they think the Streak is trying to auto-pair with the Parrot and since the passcode for the CK3300 is not the standard "0000" it fails. Seems like a reasonable theory to me.

My question is: Is there a way to modify the default passcode on the Streak? Or disable auto-pair altogether? I had this issue with both Donut (1.6) and Froyo (2.2). Please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Streak will auto pair with the device you are connected only if that device has auto pair, like most newer products. I have a Motorola M12 that auto pairs and also has a passcode. The streak picked it up and paired right away, but my Pioneer head unit would not pair with out the code. The official 1.6 release did not allow either of my devices to pair, but that was because the build was missing Bluetooth stacks that were included in the 2.1+ builds. I don't know if you are using the official 2.2 build from Dell, but I found it extremely easy to get it to pair and the unofficial builds took me a good 10 minutes for them to communicate.

Guest ameiurus

Ok I FINALLY got my Streak to pair with my CK3300. I'm going to document the steps hopefully helping someone else trying to do this deed.

- First step is to upgrade the firmware on the CK3300. You will need to flash the latest CK3100 firmware (4.23 I believe) to the CK3300. Parrot support said this would work but we will see later that it does not. Don't worry, we will flash back to the orig. 3300 code later. You will need a WinDoze PC and the Parrot Software Update Tool located here.

- Once you have 3100 code on your 3300 you will be able to auto-pair with the Streak. On the Parrot go to Settings -> Advanced -> Pair with Phone -> auto-pair sync (or something like that). You phone should pair with the Parrot. At this point you SHOULD be good to go but that's not my experience. After a day I lost audio with my Parrot. (relay would click and it would cut out the radio but no audio to the speakers.)

- Next step is to restore the CK3300 code on the Parrot. Using the Software Update Tool install the latest 3300 code (4.15b). DO NOT REMOVE THE PAIRING ON YOUR PHONE.

- After the Parrot is up and running on the 4.15b code, turn on bluetooth on your Streak and go Settings -> Wireless -> Bluetooth Settings and select the Parrot device that the Streak remembered. You will be prompted to enter the pairing PIN on your streak which is 1234. Hit OK and you should pair up with the Parrot.

YMMV. Hope this helps someone.