Cannot install custom recovery on official 2.2

Guest tralivali

Guest tralivali

I tried all available recoveries.

After installing it I boot to recovery and get stock recovery.

It seems official firmware somehow wipes it. So I cannot install Steve's build. What to do?

Need more details, what version are you running now, is the streak white?, how are you determining that the recovery isn't clockwork?

It seems official firmware somehow wipes it. So I cannot install Steve's build. What to do?

Guest OrionBG

Yes thats right!

The recovery is overwritten at every boot! After fastboot flash you must reboot with "fastboot reboot"

Immediately after the screen goes blank you must press the volume buttons till the menu appear and then select option 2!

If you let the OS to boot it will restore the recovery partition!

Guest Wee Thomas
Yes thats right!

The recovery is overwritten at every boot! After fastboot flash you must reboot with "fastboot reboot"

Immediately after the screen goes blank you must press the volume buttons till the menu appear and then select option 2!

If you let the OS to boot it will restore the recovery partition!

My install of official 2.2 did not overwrite the recovery image. How did you install yours? Via the image files provided here or OTA? Also, how do you know you don't have clockwork recovery installed? What happens when you select the update from sd card option?

Edited by Wee Thomas

Guest davesanchez

What recovery are you trying to yous clockworkmod?

Download it unzip it put your phone in fastboot mode double click install windows or mac which ever you are on click run should come up download recovery done take

battery out restart in recovery select option 2 wait abit and clockwork should load hope this may help