24/Jan 2.5.1.8: ClockworkMod for the Advent Vega

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest wellibob
a very simple method to get clockworkmod on your vega, mobii or viewpad 10s is to extract an original rom like 1.09 extract it and replace the recovery.img with the clockworkmod version. double click lvds.bat and let nvflash do the work for you

This seems logical. Once ive replaced the recovery image (clockwork) can you explain the procedure from there. do i run it whilst connected to pc etc etc. Thankyou :D

Guest nfuse
This seems logical. Once ive replaced the recovery image (clockwork) can you explain the procedure from there. do i run it whilst connected to pc etc etc. Thankyou :D

after tablet had booted vega rom download vega recovery from market (or modaco) and place the custom vega rom on your sdcard in zip format

execute vega recovery and if everything went wel clockworkmod is loaded.

clear al cache, reset default, and wipe dalvik then choose zip from sdcard and execute. wait few minutes and reboot and again if al went wel you have now a custom rom, and be as happy as me

if you have any questions you now where to find me B)

Guest Paris2011
a very simple method to get clockworkmod on your vega, mobii or viewpad 10s is to extract an original rom like 1.09 extract it and replace the recovery.img with the clockworkmod version. double click lvds.bat and let nvflash do the work for you.

Good Luck.

Thanks for this advice...i never truly understood how to put on CWR (even tho I have read loadsof threads on here relating to it) but with this very simple instructions I have now got it and can make a backup....Cheere

Guest wellibob

I cant go any further, ive tried everything but am unable to install the usb driver (on win 7 x64) Ive read through all forums, and cannot locate the vega in device manager at all. without this usb driver i cant go foward. Edit ive managed to get the usb drivers install for the vega, but i go into recovery mode, and vega is connected to pc, run the softwareImage_v1.09_Vega_Final (with clockwork image in) and application just shuts down ????? ie vega stays in recovery mode, and does not update

Edited by wellibob

Guest nfuse
I cant go any further, ive tried everything but am unable to install the usb driver (on win 7 x64) Ive read through all forums, and cannot locate the vega in device manager at all. without this usb driver i cant go foward. Edit ive managed to get the usb drivers install for the vega, but i go into recovery mode, and vega is connected to pc, run the softwareImage_v1.09_Vega_Final (with clockwork image in) and application just shuts down ????? ie vega stays in recovery mode, and does not update

are you shure you are in recovery mode? somethimes it helps to press back button about 4seconds instead of 2 and then press power for 3 seconds and release back after 3 and then release power after 3 seconds. Also do you use an original vega rom extract it replace it with the right recovery.img and started lvds.bat ? Also i had problems with win7 64 bit and used a laptop with 32bit win7

If you still have problems i can give you an url of a custom original Rom from my site (i have my website hosted @home so not publishing the url here :D

Good luck

Guest wellibob

Im obviously not noticing somethink i should when im doing this procedure. Device connected, usb drivers installed, in recovery on vega, run softwareImage_v1.09_Vega_Final. click next to continue, box shuts down, and nothink happens. grrrr

Edited by wellibob

Guest nfuse
Im obviously not noticing somethink i should when im doing this procedure. Device connected, usb drivers installed, in recovery on vega, run softwareImage_v1.09_Vega_Final. click next to continue, box shuts down, and nothink happens. grrrr

can you tell me wat the dos screen on your pc is showing? does it upload the image or something like cannot find bla bla.

Guest wellibob

Nvflash started

UnKnown device found

Press enter to continue:

Im guessing the device unknown is the issue here.

In device manager the vega is liisted as Nvidia composite device. If this is the problem, its says the best driver is already installed.....

Guest nfuse
Nvflash started

UnKnown device found

Press enter to continue:

Im guessing the device unknown is the issue here.

In device manager the vega is liisted as Nvidia composite device. If this is the problem, its says the best driver is already installed.....

did you use the original drivers from the vega? my best bet is to do a system restore (before the nvidia driver install) and try the original drivers your device has to show up as a pbx device

Guest wellibob
did you use the original drivers from the vega? my best bet is to do a system restore (before the nvidia driver install) and try the original drivers your device has to show up as a pbx device

Im going to quickly bang on win 7 x86 on a machine and try. win 7 x64 is simply giving me grief with this usb driver. Ill report back soon

Guest simonta
to show up as a pbx device

Shows up as a pbx! Now that would be interesting...:D

No need for system restore or anything so drastic. Simply replace the drivers. However, as I have said soooo mannnnyyyy times, do NOT try update drivers. it will usually fail.

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...-driver-guides/

In order to flash the Advent ROM, you MUST be in recovery mode and you MUST have the Nvidia Recovery device driver loaded. Nothing else will work.

Guest wellibob
Shows up as a pbx! Now that would be interesting...:D

No need for system restore or anything so drastic. Simply replace the drivers. However, as I have said soooo mannnnyyyy times, do NOT try update drivers. it will usually fail.

http://android.modaco.com/content/advent-v...-driver-guides/

In order to flash the Advent ROM, you MUST be in recovery mode and you MUST have the Nvidia Recovery device driver loaded. Nothing else will work.

Ok. finally got clockwork installed. Now in clockwork. i have r8 vega prebaked rom on my sd card. I wipe data etc , but upon selecting r8 zip i get this

finding update package...

opening update package...

Verifying package...

E:signature verfication failed

Installation aborted

Edited by wellibob

Guest beegee1962
Ok. finally got clockwork installed. Now in clockwork. i have r8 vega prebaked rom on my sd card. I wipe data etc , but upon selecting r8 zip i get this

finding update package...

opening update package...

Verifying package...

E:signature verfication failed

Installation aborted

Switch off signature verification

CWM Menu -> "install zip from sdcard" -> "toggle signature verification"

Guest FrownBreaker

I flashed a stock 1.09 Rom and the fired issued the ADB commands...

What's the problem do I need admin rights on the Win7 side (32-bit ultimate) or on the Advent side do I need to mount things as r/w

**UPDATE GOT CLOCKWORK RECOVERY INSTALLED USING VEGA TOOLS!***

D:\r8-vega-update-modacocustomrom-unsigned>adb-windows push recovery.img datalocal

failed to copy 'recovery.img' to 'datalocal': Read-only file system

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/324...vega/page/200/#

D:\r8-vega-update-modacocustomrom-unsigned>adb-windows push flash_image datalocal

failed to copy 'flash_image' to 'datalocal': Read-only file system

D:\r8-vega-update-modacocustomrom-unsigned>adb-windows shell chmod 4755 datalocalflash_image

Unable to chmod datalocalflash_image: No such file or directory

D:\r8-vega-update-modacocustomrom-unsigned>adb-windows shell datalocalflash_image recovery datalocalrecovery.img

datalocalflash_image: not found

Edited by FrownBreaker

Guest beegee1962
I flashed a stock 1.09 Rom and the fired issued the ADB commands...

What's the problem do I need admin rights on the Win7 side (32-bit ultimate) or on the Advent side do I need to mount things as r/w

**UPDATE GOT CLOCKWORK RECOVERY INSTALLED USING VEGA TOOLS!***

D:\r8-vega-update-modacocustomrom-unsigned>adb-windows push recovery.img datalocal

failed to copy 'recovery.img' to 'datalocal': Read-only file system

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/324...vega/page/200/#

D:\r8-vega-update-modacocustomrom-unsigned>adb-windows push flash_image datalocal

failed to copy 'flash_image' to 'datalocal': Read-only file system

D:\r8-vega-update-modacocustomrom-unsigned>adb-windows shell chmod 4755 datalocalflash_image

Unable to chmod datalocalflash_image: No such file or directory

D:\r8-vega-update-modacocustomrom-unsigned>adb-windows shell datalocalflash_image recovery datalocalrecovery.img

datalocalflash_image: not found

Not sure if it happens when you copied the output, but there seems to miss some / in your command.

It should be:

adb push recovery.img /data/local/ not adb-windows push recovery.img datalocal

Guest David.m

Hi im still trying to use adb all i get is "adb is not recognised as an internal or external command" drivers are correct debugging is on, im in slave mode.

PLEASE HELP ME....

Guest ace_dynamo
Hi im still trying to use adb all i get is "adb is not recognised as an internal or external command" drivers are correct debugging is on, im in slave mode.

PLEASE HELP ME....

Have you tried restarting your machine and the Vega? Also have you added the details to Path in System Properties/Environmental Variables C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\tools;C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools (bold depends on where you've installed the sdk tools to).

Guest FrownBreaker
Not sure if it happens when you copied the output, but there seems to miss some / in your command.

It should be:

adb push recovery.img /data/local/ not adb-windows push recovery.img datalocal

Thanks I was using the adb files from the modaco download so I altered the commands to match, I tried the Google SDK with no luck (ADB could not fine the device but the ADB server started fine). In the end usbdview delete, disconnecting the PC from the network so Win7 did not auto install dirvers, and Vegatools let me get Clockwork working, 4mins later on CyanogenMod 7!!

Hello, I have installed MCR r8, on top of the latest advent ron. Everything is running fine. I bought Tom manager from the market, flashed the latest cwm, went to reboot in to recovery, but it sticks at the android and box logo.

Any ideas

Guest FrownBreaker
Hello, I have installed MCR r8, on top of the latest advent ron. Everything is running fine. I bought Tom manager from the market, flashed the latest cwm, went to reboot in to recovery, but it sticks at the android and box logo.

Any ideas

Clockwork recovery CANNOT be installed on the Vega with Rom Manager I USED Vega tools

thank you, reverted to stock rom, used vega tools, and am now in recovery mode, jackpot. I have to admit though, I am considering returning the Vega, cant quite get used to the viewing angles, and the strange way the colours almost bleed on the screen.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mike Wolfe

Hi all,

Very new to Andriod and have been trying to install Clockworkmod using Vega Tools 3. The install went well but when I boot into Clockworkmod and try to do a Nandroid backup I get the following message:-

ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.1.8

E:Can't mont /dev/block/mmcblk3p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0)

(No such file or directory)

Can't mount /sdcard

I have tried a couple of hard boots (press & hold power button until Vega reboots).

I have a 16GB class 10 SD card but this has not given me any other issues.

I am running r8 Modaco ROM.

I have read all the posts on this thread and this seems to be unique problem - any help would be greatly appreciated.

STOP PRESS

I have fixed the problem. I had to backup my SD card onto my computer, reformat on the Vega, copy the data back and hey presto Nandroid backup works :)

Edited by Mike Wolfe

Guest beegee1962

Try this one: [mod] Clockwork recovery 3.0.2.4 [easy install].

Works very well on my tablet.

Hi all,

Very new to Andriod and have been trying to install Clockworkmod using Vega Tools 3. The install went well but when I boot into Clockworkmod and try to do a Nandroid backup I get the following message:-

ClockworkMod Recovery v2.5.1.8

E:Can't mont /dev/block/mmcblk3p1 (or /dev/block/mmcblk0)

(No such file or directory)

Can't mount /sdcard

I have tried a couple of hard boots (press & hold power button until Vega reboots).

I have a 16GB class 10 SD card but this has not given me any other issues.

I am running r8 Modaco ROM.

I have read all the posts on this thread and this seems to be unique problem - any help would be greatly appreciated.

STOP PRESS

I have fixed the problem. I had to backup my SD card onto my computer, reformat on the Vega, copy the data back and hey presto Nandroid backup works :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Lukas Zapletal

Quick note:

The APK installation can be also done with:

$ adb install com.modaco.vegarecoveryboot.apk