Screen/Dashboard holder and GPS software questions

Guest JoNiKaH

Guest JoNiKaH

Hey guys,

so my streak is on its way after A LONG (more than 2 months) waiting period. If you have insurance with LifestyleGroup UK (associated with Lloyds for mobile phone insurances) RUN LIKE HELL and don`t send your phone in for repairs.

Back to my questions :P

1. I found this : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dash-Genie-Phone-Hol...#ht_2951wt_1139

Looks amazing and cheap too. Question is , did anyone use any of these ? I`d like to use one in a Skoda superb (private hire driver) but don`t want to have the phone sitting on the dashboard between me and the passanger so i`d like to use it on a more curved surface next to the steering wheel. Would that work ? Any experience with dashboard/screen holders ?

2. Planning to move from TomTom to CoPilot. As far as I know its one of the few navigation softwares that are GPS only for navigation and internet for other services . Anything better than this ?

Thanks

Guest prawnballs
Hey guys,

so my streak is on its way after A LONG (more than 2 months) waiting period. If you have insurance with LifestyleGroup UK (associated with Lloyds for mobile phone insurances) RUN LIKE HELL and don`t send your phone in for repairs.

Back to my questions :P

1. I found this : http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dash-Genie-Phone-Hol...#ht_2951wt_1139

Looks amazing and cheap too. Question is , did anyone use any of these ? I`d like to use one in a Skoda superb (private hire driver) but don`t want to have the phone sitting on the dashboard between me and the passanger so i`d like to use it on a more curved surface next to the steering wheel. Would that work ? Any experience with dashboard/screen holders ?

2. Planning to move from TomTom to CoPilot. As far as I know its one of the few navigation softwares that are GPS only for navigation and internet for other services . Anything better than this ?

Thanks

I've got one of those, it's brilliant. I got it originally for old iPhone 3G but works just as well with Streak. I have it stuck to a flat (but at an angle on textured surface) and it is rock solid. Provided you keep the red sticky spot sticky (every couple of weeks I wipe a bit of spit(!) on it to get it damp then let it dry and it will be 100% sticky again).

-edit- I think I only paid £13 with free P&P for mine.. dont pay more because it specifically says for Dell Streak.... I'll try find a link -edit-

-2nd edit - Can't find it cheaper.. I got it from Mobile Fun when they did free p&p -2nd edit

I use basic Google Navigation for SatNav, but was very impressed with Co-Pilot back in the iPhone days.

Edited by prawnballs

Guest Tim6772

I use a short stem screen mount that sticks over the rev counter of my other half's Skoda Fabia, the only add on i need is a usb extender lead to reach the stupid positioning of the cig lighter socket (by the handbrake)

I too have junked TomTom for CoPilot, I just prefer the interface.