Where to buy your Vega!

Guest PaulOBrien

I ordered two vegas yesterday morning when the stock allocation went live and received two order confirmation emails. I went through Currys as there was a £35 discount and 3% cashback available through Quidco for purchases over £499 (added a spindle of DVD's to make the threshold). I was feeling pretty good about things until a few minutes ago when an email from Currys turned up in my inbox which says:

"Thank you for your recent Currys order.

Unfortunately we may have a problem with progressing your order within the timescale indicated on our website. We will contact you shortly to discuss the matter with you, but in the meantime please accept our apologies for the potential delay.

Your order number: CURXXXXXXXX

What happens next?

We will contact you to discuss your order."

I'll post again when I've found out what this means in practice. ;)

Guest luke.browning
I ordered from PIXMANIA last weekend, my order went through and has been accepted, rang them twice now since the 'Item no longer stocked' sign appeared they said my order was ok and is in the hands of the warehouse now, still waiting for a delivery email...... also got it at a good price think altogether it was only £220

£220? I got mine from there for £191! Bargain I think.

I also got an email from Pixmania today saying:

Dear Customer

In regards to your order this item should leave our warehouse later today, we will keep you updated.

Best Regards

Team Pixmania

£220? I got mine from there for £191! Bargain I think.

not got an email yet still waiting and dont really mind at that price, and yes mine went though for the same price but I was only offerd the more costly postage, and had to buy a loyalty card as well, still saving £30 which I'm more than happy with.

I will be shopping more often with then now I know they are part of the same group as dixons ect, better savings... ;) ...

Guest andrewg12345
Anyone had their vega delivered yet from pixmainia? ;)

just had this reply from pixmainia ...

"Thank you for your e-mail.

Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

In regards to your order this order has failed as unfortunately your product is not in stock at the moment, with no stock due back in.

If you wish we can refund you into your Pix Piggy Account and you can then place a new order, or you can ask for a full refund at anytime.

Please inform us how you wish to proceed."

Guest cool2naz

just received mine this morning (ordered on 27th Nov from PCW).

Yes, viewing angle in portrait mode is really crappy. Its better if you're reading something with white background, but if you're going thru settings for example - it's going to kill ur eyes (black fading to grey, etc).

One more thing i'm not too happy about is case quality. everything seems to be ok, except around docking port. Has anyone tried to press back cover around docking port? i'm hearing some cracking noise (seems to be coming from where the back cover joins docking port or so).

Anyone can confirm that?

I ordered two vegas yesterday morning when the stock allocation went live and received two order confirmation emails. I went through Currys as there was a £35 discount and 3% cashback available through Quidco for purchases over £499 (added a spindle of DVD's to make the threshold). I was feeling pretty good about things until a few minutes ago when an email from Currys turned up in my inbox which says:

"Thank you for your recent Currys order.

Unfortunately we may have a problem with progressing your order within the timescale indicated on our website. We will contact you shortly to discuss the matter with you, but in the meantime please accept our apologies for the potential delay.

Your order number: CURXXXXXXXX

What happens next?

We will contact you to discuss your order."

I'll post again when I've found out what this means in practice. ;)

Pretty p***ed off now!

No contact from Currys since the confirmation emails so today I checked my order on the Currys website. It’s now flagged with the “due to unprecedented demand” message. A call to the customer service number eventually got me through to a young lady who told me they don’t have any stock and no idea when they will be in...and they’ve charged my credit card. Seriously thinking about cancelling this altogether. :P

Guest andrewg12345
Pretty p***ed off now!

No contact from Currys since the confirmation emails so today I checked my order on the Currys website. It’s now flagged with the “due to unprecedented demand” message. A call to the customer service number eventually got me through to a young lady who told me they don’t have any stock and no idea when they will be in...and they’ve charged my credit card. Seriously thinking about cancelling this altogether. ;)

Can someone raise the issue of forward orders (ie people who have ordered and NOT been given prority when new stock arrives) with the guys on @AdventVega on twitter, someone there has contact with stock control. http://twitter.com/AdventVega

This is just not good enough, we know they came in to stock, so why were they not allocated to people who paid almost a week before the last batch came in to stock.

As far as we are concerened it does not matter which shop site they were ordered from (pc world, currys, dixons or pixmainia), because they all seem to share the the same pool of stock and are effectivly the same company.

I do not or do not want a twitter account so feel free to use any of the above in your corrispondence

Thanks

Pretty p***ed off now!

No contact from Currys since the confirmation emails so today I checked my order on the Currys website. It’s now flagged with the “due to unprecedented demand” message. A call to the customer service number eventually got me through to a young lady who told me they don’t have any stock and no idea when they will be in...and they’ve charged my credit card. Seriously thinking about cancelling this altogether. ;)

Pretty much the same story here, for an Advent and Archos 101 , cancelled the orders today (ordered on the 30th Nov). Card had been charged over a week ago, no contact from PCWorld since then, ended up calling them today. No idea when stock would be in, they could give me no idea where in a 'queue' of -82 in stock I was, so asked for a refund. Not the best customer experience I've had!

Phil

Guest Tenacioustina

Same for me too, I'm bloody fuming!!!

I ordered on Saturday everything went through ok but did not receive any email confirmation so gave Currys a call in the evening to be told all was ok that order had gone through, also that 2 emails had been sent but I had not received them, so we doubled checked email address and the young lady said she would resend them.

Waited, waited and waited some more no email Sunday or Monday called last night after trying to get on my account on the Currys website which kept telling me there was a "Technical Error" !!! to be told "Oh they are out of stock now but there might be some more in next week"

So they have took my money with no intention of sending me a Vegas!!

So what do I do hang on and hope they get more in or cancel and try somewhere else?

Guest andrewg12345
So what do I do hang on and hope they get more in or cancel and try somewhere else?

There is no where else if you want a vega! but the Archos 101 and 70 look very nice and tempting.

I''m almost losing intrest but will hold on for now despite being told no more stock due or expected (as I was going to wait till new year anyway) plus there might be other tabs out there soon!

But these people need to be told, I thought the dixons group had turned a corner when it came to service and product knowhow - obviously not.

ps Always check your junk email folder if you were expecting but not recieved an email.

Guest andrewg12345
Yeah I always check Junk mail, but nothing there.

So is pixmania from the same group as Currys?

Yes, its the euro arm, can be cheaper than the uk, but beware if you need to send it back, also plug conectors are somtimes different, they may supply adapters on some items. I bought a monitor a few years ago a lot cheaper than the uk.

Yes, its the euro arm, can be cheaper than the uk, but beware if you need to send it back, also plug conectors are somtimes different, they may supply adapters on some items. I bought a monitor a few years ago a lot cheaper than the uk.

I ordered over a week and half ago, constantly on the phone to them and sending emails, just to recieve the SORRY email this morning..... I would advise anyone else against ordering with this shambles of a company, they have to be the worst I have ever dealt with and thats saying something..... I have asked for a full refund bet I have to wait for that, they didnt as they got it right away from me.....

it remains a problem: how do NON uk-native customers order ?

is there a way for foreign customers to get that pad ?

also: i cannot sit behind the PC all day long to order a tablet-pc.

i have a life. a girl, a child. i have to work myself.

i come home late from work. to see the stock beeing sold out.

contact alex zhou [email protected] order VCPAD10NV you need to get more than 1 on order to get better price for shipping

He cannot sell to the UK because he already has an agent here IE dixons group this is the vega

mifran

Guest aintcrackedityet
I ordered over a week and half ago, constantly on the phone to them and sending emails, just to recieve the SORRY email this morning..... I would advise anyone else against ordering with this shambles of a company, they have to be the worst I have ever dealt with and thats saying something..... I have asked for a full refund bet I have to wait for that, they didnt as they got it right away from me.....

I had mine delivered this morning from an order 2 weeks ago. No email, no warning, just turned up.

aintcrackedityet

Guest andrewg12345
I had mine delivered this morning from an order 2 weeks ago. No email, no warning, just turned up.

aintcrackedityet

Was this from pixmainia? ;)

Was this from pixmainia? :P

I got mine on Tuesday from Pixmania, got a dispatch email about an hour before it arrived, although I knew it was coming as I rang them the day before and got a tracking number. Posted this from it ;)

no sure how good or reliable this site is but came across it today

http://www.redstore.com/ADVNOT001

Nope. Also they are lying on their website.

Called them this morning, since i also noticed their availability.

The website says they are "at hub", which according to their description means "This product is in stock, but not at our shipping warehouse. It will take 1 or 2 days for the product to be called off, before it is shipped out to you. The product will generally be called off once your order has been placed."

However on calling them, this is NOT in stock at their warehouse, not at their suppliers warehouse. They quote over 2 weeks for delivery. I explained that their website stated that they have stock available to them, however was basically given the "oh no you misunderstand". The fact that they contradicted exactly what was in front of me was concerning - suspect that they just have it listed to get orders in, which is naughty.

So - back to the usual sources i'm afraid!

Paul