Power Off animation

Guest chrisrotolo

Guest chrisrotolo

Anyone else want to see power off animations, like Galaxy S? I would love too. Captivate has 2 boot aniamtions 1 from ATT and one galaxy S logo, I think theye are called playlogos, etc. I dont need 2 boot animations , but if we can remove the first Dell Logo at boot that would be a start, and for power off logo.. how about that leaked gingerbread poweroff animation? that would be cool... just some ideas, if anyone has any ideas.. I will def. look into it. I am guessing the script would have to be in the system to tell it to run the animation at a certain point, what that will do to the device, we'll see. then have the proper size animation,etc. :P

Guest darren cox

Pretty sure this isn't possible on Froyo as it's tied to the new UI acceleration in Gingerbread/2.3 onwards.

Best we could hope for is someone being able to either backport the code (doubtful) or that Gingerbread will compile for the streak - but again perhaps drivers will be an issue...

Guess we'll know for sure once the Gingerbread code hits AOSP in the next few weeks (months)

Guest chrisrotolo

I think it definetly possible, because Galaxy S has power off animations, I did some research on them and they are a clust.erf#ck, I dont think anyone has really managed to edit them. I will keep checking, The toughest part of course would be reflashing a kernel or system to include the commands to play the animations.

As for that gignerbread one, Im sure I could find a similiar animation and use it in place of the galaxy s power off.

Not a huge deal, I just like to tweak every aspect of my device.

On another note, anyone know of a way to prevent the phone getting all blurry when you go to power down screen? that seems unneccesary.

Ok, so the galaxy S power off animations arent instant as the gingerbread leaked one..

Edited by chrisrotolo