Cannot Update to 2.2 GAUSB1A111231-US

Guest flvball

Guest flvball

Well thanks to the forums I have got part of the way...I could Downgrade my AT&T 6601 build to the O2 4399 build, and then to the O2 2.1 8xxx build. But I could not get the custom 2.2 ROM on the Streak. The Streak kept freezing at the Dell logo. I have tried twice going back down and trying to get it up to 2.2 and got very good at fastboot, and copying files back and forth on the SD card. I am back on the 6601 build at this point. I am on AT&T as a carrier if that makes any difference. Is there anything that may be model or build specific that is holding me up? Specifics of my phone:

Firmware: 1.6

Baseband: GAUSB1A111231-US

Kernel: 2.6.29-perf

OEM version: GAUSB1A111231

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Would love to get the Froyo features on here as well as the new Dell interface. Thanks in advance.

Guest joey_jojo

I also upgraded my ATT streak (black one) and I went from the O2 2.1 > DJ 1.1.1 > latest. Follow his steps exactly when going to the latest, i.e. letting it reboot after flashing amss and then turning off and flashing. I kept trying to do both at once and it kept hanging until I decided to read a bit better :P

Guest flvball
I also upgraded my ATT streak (black one) and I went from the O2 2.1 > DJ 1.1.1 > latest. Follow his steps exactly when going to the latest, i.e. letting it reboot after flashing amss and then turning off and flashing. I kept trying to do both at once and it kept hanging until I decided to read a bit better :P

Think you can shoot me the link to the steps you used? Maybe i am following the wrong path...

Guest joey_jojo

Yep, one step was this link.

zarbo wrote ......You need to be on v1.1.1(download: http://build2.streakdroid.com/update-release-1.1.1.zip) with 2.1 baseband For this to work ideally - this may work from older versions but this procedure has only been tested from 1.1.1......

So I went from the O2 2.1 build to the 1.1.1 build in that link, then to the custom 1.4.x rom.

Guest flvball
Yep, one step was this link.

So I went from the O2 2.1 build to the 1.1.1 build in that link, then to the custom 1.4.x rom.

Ok so i have that zip...still a noob to the Streak community, so if I understand, if I can get to the O2 2.1 build, then i would install the update.zip file in this link (is there a link for specific installing that?), and it would get me to 1.1.1. From there I would be able to get up to the 1.4.6 with this link: http://android.modaco.com/content/dell-str...-6-annoncement/

What about the baseband..is that included in this upgrade? I assume this has no problems on AT&T network in the US...correct me if i am wrong :P

How is GPS and WiFi? I saw other posts with some issues in those areas. Thanks again for the help.

Guest joey_jojo

yep, i just renamed the update-release-1.1.1.zip to update.zip and flashed it with clockwork, let it boot, then shut down and followed the instructions for the 1.4.6 build exactly, flashing baseband and all.

No problems with wifi and the gps is as good as my tilt 2 =) (which is awesome)

Guest flvball
yep, i just renamed the update-release-1.1.1.zip to update.zip and flashed it with clockwork, let it boot, then shut down and followed the instructions for the 1.4.6 build exactly, flashing baseband and all.

No problems with wifi and the gps is as good as my tilt 2 =) (which is awesome)

Ok well followed the instructions to the letter. Stuck at Dell Logo after flashing 1.1.1 with Clockwork. Been there 5 minutes. Does it take a while? Do I have to get this device unlocked by AT&T before i do this? I saw that in another post somewhere. I would not think so but since the streak is stuck...I am not sure what I could have done wrong. There is a great guide to recovering it which I am quite familiar with, but I would rather get this to 2.2 on the 1.4.6 build. Any thoughts here?

Guest joey_jojo

yeah, took a little bit, when it would hang I would perform a factory reset and then reboot. it hung a couple of times and a reset and/or battery pull/replace would get me by it.

Oh, and mine is/was not unlocked when I did it =)