trying to get a website calculator to work for school can't seem to get it to work. Any help would be great

Guest Seacare

Guest Seacare

user tsc

pass thermo3209

Its a thermostate calculator that is accesable through Iphone (so says the professor) but I can't access it to save my life. It would really help knowing why I can't and what I can do to make it work. Steve this might be an easy fix or question with your expertise. Oh I guess I should say that I am on the latest 1.4.2 build and it is boggling my mind.

Thanks in advance,

Jack

Guest Wee Thomas
user tsc

pass thermo3209

Its a thermostate calculator that is accesable through Iphone (so says the professor) but I can't access it to save my life. It would really help knowing why I can't and what I can do to make it work. Steve this might be an easy fix or question with your expertise. Oh I guess I should say that I am on the latest 1.4.2 build and it is boggling my mind.

Thanks in advance,

Jack

When I attempt to access the page via my Dell Streak, I see the following error:

You do not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials that you supplied because your Web browser is sending a WWW-Authenticate header field that the Web server is not configured to accept.

So, it appears to me that the streak browser authenticates differently than iphones or desktop browsers. Not something you can just fix.

Guest Seacare
try opera as that isn't webkit based

I tried opera and it didn't work either. I emailed steven hyde and maybe he has a solutio. He is the one who has been working on the updates. hopefully he can help.

Jack

Seems to me the streak doesn't support the auth type the webpage is using.

Looks to me like a .htaccess file.

Probably this isn't support by the android browser.

The fact the the IPhone and Android browser are both BASED on webkit doesn't mean they are the same in all respects.

Guest adzman808

TRY

typing about:debug into dell web browser

go to settings

go to final item in settings menu (UASTRING) & try selecting desktop or iphone...

just a suggestion...

This sometimes doesn't bring up the debug options. I found creating a bookmark with "about:debu" and adding the g manually works.

TRY

go to settings

go to final item in settings menu (UASTRING) & try selecting desktop or iphone...

just a suggestion...

Guest Wee Thomas
I tried opera and it didn't work either. I emailed steven hyde and maybe he has a solutio. He is the one who has been working on the updates. hopefully he can help.

Jack

Did you try the firefox demo browser? Dolphin? An iPhone?

TRY

go to settings

just a suggestion...

Not working for me.

I got HTTP Error 401.2 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to server configuration.

I think you need to check the settings of IIS server.