[NEW UPDATED] FROYO 2.2 BUILD KERNAL/SYSTEM FILES DUMP

Guest sorrowuk

Not tested Toms latest build, but I still have wifi problems with this froyo rom. Came to device after a while in sleep shows wifi connected but wont transfer anything until you reconnect.

./fastboot-mac flash system system.img

sending 'system' (130636 KB)... FAILED (remote: data too large)

Any idea why i get data too large error?

Sorry about that. I was running late for work and didn't have time to test it before uploading.

I discovered last night that fastboot fails when trying to flash large images. I think the limit is somewhere around 130MB.

Sorry about that. I was running late for work and didn't have time to test it before uploading.

I discovered last night that fastboot fails when trying to flash large images. I think the limit is somewhere around 130MB.

Can you give us a updated build?

Guest oh!dougal

I'd bet that limit would be the round binary number of 128MB, which in decimal would be ...

Guest Frankish

Good news Paul, i'm so impatient i actually started to try and do it myself. Got it going, gps is working but took an age to get first fix. Can't get none of the repacked boot.img's to work though so can only use the original one.

Guest buneech
Good news Paul, i'm so impatient i actually started to try and do it myself. Got it going, gps is working but took an age to get first fix. Can't get none of the repacked boot.img's to work though so can only use the original one.

Have you tried editing gps.conf? Replace the current ntp server with an NTP server for UK (look on pool.ntp.org), and add google's xtra servers.

Guest Frankish
Have you tried editing gps.conf? Replace the current ntp server with an NTP server for UK (look on pool.ntp.org), and add google's xtra servers.

Thanks for the tip. Now i just need to figure out the lockscreen. I just want the stock android one. android.policy.jar looks like the right direction...

Exactly!

P

Fair enough! Were all on the edge of our seats here ha ha. I'm stumbling along nicely though i reckon i could have a working rom by next week! lmfao.

Edited by Frankish

Guest Arr Too
Doesn't work here. It stops with the error:

E:Board does not support mtd utils.E:Failute at line 68:

write_raw_image  PACKAGE:boot.img BOOT:

Installation aborted.

Is that the latest ClockwordMod? It's bugged, I think, so use the older one: look here.

(PeTiNgA uploaded ClockworkMod 2.5.0.9 here.)

Edited by Arr Too

Repackaged Tom G's as a ClockworkMod update.zip (which doesn't have the size limit on the system bit):

http://www.mediafire.com/?svhyax41v2szj0t

Working great - only problems I've noticed so far is the FM radio plays for a second or two then mutes and wont play again unless its turned off then on again - not a problem to me as I never use it

and for some weird reason, the lock screen says "No Service" at the top of the screen yet there is service and its downloading from the market at the same time

Edit: I Really LOVE the new lock screen/unlock method

Edited by Lew247