Newbie, aprehensive,& glad to be here.

Guest boboleeenk

Guest boboleeenk

:P Hello, to everyone. I'm new to Android, new to the forum, but I'm excited to be here. I have had experience with the computer music productivity, including MIDI, for years, and love the challenges presented in learning tech. I have had a new HTC Droid desire, now for about 2 months. I love it. I have been on various web sites and forums reading and learning how to use it., and little did I know all the potential locked up in this little handheld package. I'm amazed. I've been frequenting "android forums" .com , and that's what led me here. My initial goal was to be able to take a screen capture on my phone, generated from the phone itself, as opposed to doing it with the help of my pc. This is where I first became aware of the term "root/rooting". I didn't even know such a process existed.lol.

I do now, And now I've learned that rooting can unlock a lot more than being able to screen capture. Wow, I'm excited. I'm 66 years old, was told last Sept. 21 (a year ago), that I had a cancerous tumor (6cm) in my right lung, and was given a less than 10th% chance of living another year. I'll tell ya what boys and girls, here it is 3 mo past a year, and thanks to God and cancer treatment centers of America, I'm cancer free (still training horses) and I'm here, and I'm ready to learn all you can teach me. I'll gonna root my phone!! Excited? You bet I am!

Edited by boboleeenk