Desire HD Cam is fixed, what about a HD Kitchen ?

Guest western

Guest le_lutin
Why wait on Paul? There are already HD ROMs that, chances are, will end up more advanced than Paul's MCR version (no offence, Paul!!)

If you're that desperate go try the one on XDA

I reckon I might give it a go this weekend.

I've only ever used Paul's Roms and so far I haven't ever needed any sort of ext partition on my sd card. I am rooted and I have clockwork recovery.

So am I right in saying that these are the step I should follow:

- Download the RCMixHD zip file on to my sd card.

- Use ROMManager to create an ext (3?/4?) partition

- Reboot phone into clockwork recovery

- apply the RCMixHD zip.

Is it as simple as that? Does RCMixHD zip file know that partition exists and accordingly does it install all the files there automatically?

Guest StuMcBill
I reckon I might give it a go this weekend.

I've only ever used Paul's Roms and so far I haven't ever needed any sort of ext partition on my sd card. I am rooted and I have clockwork recovery.

So am I right in saying that these are the step I should follow:

- Download the RCMixHD zip file on to my sd card.

- Use ROMManager to create an ext (3?/4?) partition

- Reboot phone into clockwork recovery

- apply the RCMixHD zip.

Is it as simple as that? Does RCMixHD zip file know that partition exists and accordingly does it install all the files there automatically?

Yep, it will automatically save the files to the SD-EXT partition as needed.

Remember and download and flash the Camera fix zip file too!

I hate ROM Manager, you have no control over your partitions. I use AmonRA and have a 1GB partition - prefer to do things manually myself

Edited by EddyOS

Guest le_lutin
I hate ROM Manager, you have no control over your partitions. I use AmonRA and have a 1GB partition - prefer to do things manually myself

What kind of control eddy? Will Rom manager not just create my partition on some free space on my sd card? I'm not particularly keen on wiping my sd card.

Why wait on Paul? There are already HD ROMs that, chances are, will end up more advanced than Paul's MCR version (no offence, Paul!!)

If you're that desperate go try the one on XDA

Cheers mate, that's a good point but I want to customize the rom by removing apps from it like twitter, stocks.

And add apps like the android keyboard but I need an online kitchen to do this.

You can do all that yourself - just unzip the ROM, remove/add what you want and re-zip it. That's what I do, even with MCRs

Nice 1 Eddy, have you got a brief guide to how to do this? What is the directory of the apk's so i can remove them?

Eddy, as you have used MCR and the new HD rom, are there any features/advantages that R9 has and the HD does not?

Never used r9, too many people said it was crap so went from r8 to stock and then to this...other than the speed and stability benefits of Sense 2.0 there isn't a lot else to say. It just works better

As for a guide, you don't really need one:

1. Extract the ZIP file to your Desktop

2. Browse to /data/app_s

3. Delete APKs you don't want, add those that you do

4. Re-zip ROM file

5. Sign it if you want to using signing tools on XDA

6. Flash ROM

That's about it in a nutshell

Thanks Eddy, i just want to double check that im correctly backing up my current apps.

Im using Mybackpro to do a backup of all apk's and data, do a full wipe, install new ROM and then restore using mybackup pro. Is this the best way?

Guest sucramco
That's something your end as my phone lasts well over 24hrs with the ROM and camera fix applied

Maybe because I was playing with the camera for a bit too much then.

Quite possibly!!! :P

Have noticed battry life isn't as good as it was last time I used it - might be related to using the latest radio, though, so going to have a play about. On 71% since 7:30am and hardly used it (FB/Twitter/weather sync every hour, 20 mins calls - same as always)

Edited by EddyOS

Guest le_lutin

Have noticed battry life isn't as good as it was last time I used it - might be related to using the latest radio, though, so going to have a play about. On 71% since 7:30am and hardly used it (FB/Twitter/weather sync every hour, 20 mins calls - same as always)

What do you use for your scheduled syncs Eddy?

flashed it (RCHDMix) without wipe /data

it kept everything as it was (prefs/programs/home screens), exept for customized weather/clock, powerwidget and lockscreen

everything else is there without a titanium restore and configurized - great

looks good so far

Edited by woti17

Guest malooga
flashed it (RCHDMix) without wipe /data

it kept everything as it was (prefs/programs/home screens), exept for customized weather/clock, powerwidget and lockscreen

everything else is there without a titanium restore and configurized - great

looks good so far

Ooh might have to try that, just flashed it with a wipe and its a great rom, would be even better if i had my game saves and stuff. So did you wipe anything at all or just flash straight over what you had? Plus i had auraxtsense prior to this with an overclock, will that make a difference?

Ooh might have to try that, just flashed it with a wipe and its a great rom, would be even better if i had my game saves and stuff. So did you wipe anything at all or just flash straight over what you had? Plus i had auraxtsense prior to this with an overclock, will that make a difference?

i had aura 8.0, heavy modified with others (richard trip kernel and scripts from sub501, alpharev, cache overlay, partitions resized etc)

i wanted to do a wipe in rommanager, checked clear data and cache, but since alpharev rommanager doesn t automatically install what i tell him, and dosen't wipe too, it just restarts in recovery, and i have to select "install from sdcard" again, and then i forgot to wipe before and was surprised as i saw the smooth dexopt at first boot in logcat while booting, it was very fast, took less than 2 minutes to the homescreen, and nearly everything worked without titanium backup restore.

Guest Sausage
That's something your end as my phone lasts well over 24hrs with the ROM and camera fix applied

I confirm, same for me........always do a full wipe if you wanna be sure to get everything working properly !!

Plus now, with the HTCsense thing you don't even need to redownload every app....the system does it for you :P

Edited by Sausage

I confirm, same for me........always do a full wipe if you wanna be sure to get everything working properly !!

Plus now, with the HTCsense thing you don't even need to redownload every app....the system does it for you :P

you didn't need to redownload anything before either, just restore from backup

i prefer to look what doesn't work in the log file and repair over wiping and reflashing till anything works. (after all this is not ms windows98)

but anyone his / her owns

Guest malooga
i had aura 8.0, heavy modified with others (richard trip kernel and scripts from sub501, alpharev, cache overlay, partitions resized etc)

i wanted to do a wipe in rommanager, checked clear data and cache, but since alpharev rommanager doesn t automatically install what i tell him, and dosen't wipe too, it just restarts in recovery, and i have to select "install from sdcard" again, and then i forgot to wipe before and was surprised as i saw the smooth dexopt at first boot in logcat while booting, it was very fast, took less than 2 minutes to the homescreen, and nearly everything worked without titanium backup restore.

Thanks for the reply, i'll have a bash soon when i turn my pc off(use my phone as a modem)

my battery life is decent. anyway i changed the rchdmix kernel to sub501's latest .26 here in the forum and his scripts

powersave/smartass governors, undervolted, no overclocking

brainfuck schedulers

wifi tx power reduced to 10dbm (instead of 38dbm)

sd card speed fix

works flawlessly for me (and did it also for aura 8)

Edited by woti17

Guest le_lutin
I have changed to the new HD rom from XDA and its very very good. Way better than any modaco roms and updates are much more regular too.

Think I'll give it a go this weekend! Any issues with the flashing procedure?

I have changed to the new HD rom from XDA and its very very good. Way better than any modaco roms and updates are much more regular too.

+1 well, mcr roms for desire were quite useful at there time (3-4 month ago)

-1 but hopelessly outdated now, and bloated with needless crap like phone your mam or wave secure and other apps as default

i don't really care, for now there is no looking back at r9 (and no looking forward to r9+ either, what should r10 be based on anyway?)

rchdmix works great for me, just like a modern rom at this time should

Think I'll give it a go this weekend! Any issues with the flashing procedure?

flashed it with rommanager 2.5.0.2 with no probs, over aura 8

with no wipe, system gets wiped anyway

all apps (incl system/app, which is symlinked to app_s on ext partition) go to sd ext2/3/4 partition, and some customizing files too

you need

- ext partition, absolut min 512MB depending on your apps

- if you resized mtd partition, look in the zip file of the rom before, its /system is huge - nearly 220 MB (and thats without apps), so if you resized with alpharev to data++, /system 180MB (= 175Mb in effect), you will have to strip down /system that it fits in the partition

you can safely remove /system/lib/VR directory (about 30MB), and put this on sd ext after installing the rom, and make a symlink from /system/lib to it

as far as i know its only voice recognition libraries

Edited by woti17

I first installer AmonRA recovery as its better than clockworkmod and i created a 1gb ext partition rather than 512mb.

I then went to the stock rom and then to HD. I was having issues going from MCR to HD as it was getting stuck on the HTC boot screen.

I agree about modaco roms, they were good at one time but not now.