Calendar Storage Error after 2.2 update

Guest mcdanjw

Guest mcdanjw

I just installed the 2.2 update pushed to my phone from Dell via the software update function.

The update appeared to go well, but now that it's finished, when the Streak finishes booting up, I get stuck in a loop of error messages.

"The application Calendar Storage (process com.android.providers.calendar) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

If I hit "Force Close", which is the only option, the message immediately reappears. I have about .5 seconds to try and choose a menu or something before it comes up again.

I pulled the SIM card (t-mobile w/o any data) and it boots with no error. As soon as I try and run the calendar, the same message comes up, but only once.

Any ideas as to how I can stop this error?

Edited by mcdanjw

Factory reset *may* help...

I just installed the 2.2 update pushed to my phone from Dell via the software update function.

The update appeared to go well, but now that it's finished, when the Streak finishes booting up, I get stuck in a loop of error messages.

"The application Calendar Storage (process com.android.providers.calendar) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

If I hit "Force Close", which is the only option, the message immediately reappears. I have about .5 seconds to try and choose a menu or something before it comes up again.

I pulled the SIM card (t-mobile w/o any data) and it boots with no error. As soon as I try and run the calendar, the same message comes up, but only once.

Any ideas as to how I can stop this error?

Guest mcdanjw

So, I figured out that if I put the SIM card back in and slowly navigate to the "Mobile Network" settings under "Wireless & Networks" and disable "Data enabled" the errors stop.

It's obviously something trying to sync data over the web that isn't working right.

But that stops the error messages.

As soon as I connect to a WIFI access point, the errors start again.

I hate to do a factory reset and lose all my data, but I will if necessary.

Any other ideas?

Guest vonalim
So, I figured out that if I put the SIM card back in and slowly navigate to the "Mobile Network" settings under "Wireless & Networks" and disable "Data enabled" the errors stop.

It's obviously something trying to sync data over the web that isn't working right.

But that stops the error messages.

As soon as I connect to a WIFI access point, the errors start again.

I hate to do a factory reset and lose all my data, but I will if necessary.

Any other ideas?

Settings/Applications/Calendar Storage/Clear Data