post your vega desktops

Guest ricwales1

Guest lambrettalad

I am loving these desktops, a real pesonal touch.

I hope someone might be able to help me with launcher pro. I have installed it and had a little play but dont quite understand how the layout etc work, also what is the dock, draw etc.

Does anyone know of a decent tutorial i could follow? I have googled but the top answers are reviews.

Many thanks.

Guest zzleezz

I use a different launcher (adw ex) but can answer a couple of your questions. The dock is the group of 3 or 5 icons typically on the right side of your screen in landscape mode. The drawer is the place where you see all your apps.

One thing that makes a massive difference on our huge screens is increasing the number of rows and columns on the desktop and in the drawer. I've got mine set to 10 each way.

Guest warriorscot

The latest launcher pro update it pretty good. I have ADW Ex but it was such a hassle to set up I chucked it, launcher pro was dead easy and took 30 seconds to set up the way I liked ADW was 10 minutes and it still wasn't right. If launcher pro added a few more widgets and did something cool with the app drawer it would be perfect.

Guest simonta
I'm current running at 10 columns across and 5 down works well.

Here are my three home screens currently.

What are those bookmarks you fuzzed out???? :lol:

Nice looking Vega....

Guest masterpfa
Here's my main screen. It is nice having more room to work with on the Vega than I do on my Nexus one.

There's something wrong with your clock, looks like it's been vandalised :lol:

Only joking nice layout.

Guest Touch Graphite

Can anyone simulate the fault I have with LP widget glitch!?

With the notification bar hidden and the widget placed at the highest part of the screen, when lying the Vega in landscape mode, the toggle buttons on the top of the Widgets are difficult to operate at best.

Showing the notification bar again, pushes the widget down and the buttons become very easy to operate.

Guest masterpfa
Here's my two screens.

Like the simple looking layout. With such a large screen there is no need for multiple home screens.

Are those icon for the TV channels shortcuts? :lol:

Like the simple looking layout. With such a large screen there is no need for multiple home screens.

Are those icon for the TV channels shortcuts? :lol:

Yes they are to the streaming flash.

I want to be able to get the news in that I want and Plume so 3 screens is good.

Guest carl rose
What is the name of the clock widget please?

I installed the clock widget as well, it all looked fine so I kept installing other stuff. Suddenly the vega became really slow and I tried everything to get it to speed up as even the bbc iplayer was constantly stuttering. Had to reinstall the 1.8 firmware again and this time I went app by app. As soon as I installed the clock widget everything slowed down. If you do have problems with scrolling hanging and stuttering video that is why, install the clock widget and it will go back to normal.

Edited by carl rose

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cawhite

Hi all,

hoping you can help. Just installed Launcher pro and was expecting to see icon for it with the rest but nothing there. It has installed because i had the option prompt to use it but cant find how to change sttings or preferences.

Sure this is me being stupid so would be grateful of sone help.

Thanks

I don't use Launcher pro (ADW instead) but I'm guessing they are pretty similar. From a default screen, bring up the options / menu tab and you should see 'more' listed. In there (for ADW anyway) are the config / settings.

Guest cawhite
I don't use Launcher pro (ADW instead) but I'm guessing they are pretty similar. From a default screen, bring up the options / menu tab and you should see 'more' listed. In there (for ADW anyway) are the config / settings.

Thanks, found it, menu then preferences on home screen!

Guest Jisonga

Thank you once again as i have found something new the vega can do.

I have now downloaded launcherpro and changed my home screen already to get rid of that bar of icons at the bottom of screen i never liked.

Now i must stop playing and go to bed.

Jason.

Guest maikcaru
With Gimp and a number of attempts! Key fact is Launcher pro displays the middle 1024px and top 600px when in widescreen, so this is the area in your 1200x1024 wallpaper that you need to fill.

Could you explain this in a bit more detail please? I'm just slowly becoming more and more frustrated :P

Cheers

Guest extrememonkey

Easiest way its to use home switcher from the market, switch to original launcher and set wallpaper then press home to go back to your default launcher... wallpaper stays the same!!!

Guest maikcaru
Easiest way its to use home switcher from the market, switch to original launcher and set wallpaper then press home to go back to your default launcher... wallpaper stays the same!!!

Cheers! That's certainly made it a lot easier!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest extrememonkey

Heres my new one screen setup

IMG_20110216_171546.jpg

Facebook, email, web are transparent widgets that launch said application

Productivity, media, favs, games are transparent simifolder widgets that opens a dropdown open folder with app links inside.....

Early development, but getting there.

Heres my new one screen setup

IMG_20110216_171546.jpg

Facebook, email, web are transparent widgets that launch said application

Productivity, media, favs, games are transparent simifolder widgets that opens a dropdown open folder with app links inside.....

Early development, but getting there.

That's pretty cool.

What is the clock and info widgets you are using?

Guest Bogside
Digiclock widget and wifiwidget - both free on thr market!!!

Is there any way to get more than 3 'home' screens using Launcher Pro or any other replacement home screen

Is there any way to get more than 3 'home' screens using Launcher Pro or any other replacement home screen

Yup - You can select up to 7 i think. Just check the settings :D