post your vega desktops

Guest ricwales1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Shaizer
Here's mine as it stands.

Launcher Pro, a homescreen each for Facebook, Twitter, Internet/Market, Calender/Clock, and one for Media.

5222963999_a948bb21af.jpg

I would like a way of making the notification bar smaller, so it didn't come down as far on the screen. Does anyone have a way of doing this?

Where do you get those calendar/new widgets which look like the ones from htc sense?

If you want to spice up your home screens a bit, or just want something different than Launcher Pro, try ADW Laucher EX.

It works perfectly on the Vega, the transition effects are really cool, and you can customize almost every aspect of the launcher...

here is a video of ADW:

I only miss the Launcher Pro plus widgets, especially a good and resizable! calendar and bookmarks widget.

Anyone can recommend something ??

Guest BigHobson
Mate, how did you fit the wallpaper perfectly?

With Gimp and a number of attempts! Key fact is Launcher pro displays the middle 1024px and top 600px when in widescreen, so this is the area in your 1200x1024 wallpaper that you need to fill.

Nice wigets. :( Sorry, I'll get my coat...

Ha ha! Yeah I was thinking just the same this morning, but I use it mainly for web browsing so I don't need it to tell me what I'm supposed to be doing or what my friends are cooking. My phone on the other hand does and has widgets.

she's a beauty, Love the icons, how did you get them without colour

I guess its called LauncherPro Icons. You can download icons for almost every program you have...

Im slow...

Edited by Ter4a

Guest simonta

Morning all

Droidpirate has a nice collection of UI tweaks of all sorts. As the name suggests, it's mainly for the Droid but lots of stuff to use on our Vegas. Also an interesting area on the TNT2.0 ROM for the G-Tablet. I'll be monekying around with that later on.

Droidpirate

Simon

Guest surly cat

I actually paid money for the LauncherPro Icons and Docks app (before making the switch to ADW Launcher) and can tell you that the icons shown on the http://launcherpro.droidicon.com/icons webpage are exactly the same.

When you download icons from LauncherPro Icons and Docks, all it does is create a .png file (usually 84x84 in size) for each icon in a folder called LauncherProIcons on your SD card. To use an icon, you have to manually select it from the Gallery.

If you want to use the exact same icons for free, just go to the webpage, tap-and-hold on the icons you want and save them to your Vega. Obviously, it's a good idea to place all your icons in the same folder, but the name and location (on your SD card) of the folder doesn't matter. When you go into Gallery/My Media, they should be visible.

I personally use the following LauncherPro icons in my ADW Launcher dock, from top to bottom: 'Settings', 'Browser' (opens Dolphin Browser HD), 'App Drawer', 'WiFi' (opens Wi-Fi Status Bar Switch), and 'Folder' (opens iFileManager).

About the docks: there aren't many of them and they're mostly no better than the default ones.

Guest surly cat
Thanks, I've got another 2 docks full of icons in the same Laucher Pro style :(

Have a look at LanucherPro Icons, in particular this page.

Oops! I just read your first link and it pretty much covers the same ground as my comment above. Apologies for the repetition!

Guest danielj58

Mine :(

Home1.png

Home2.png

Home3.png

Home5.png

Background: Ascension Live Wallpaper

Launcher: ADWLauncher EX

Widgets: Minimalistic Text, Extended Controls, Facez

Edited by danielj58

Guest Touch Graphite

Alot seem to be using LauncherPro but a few are holding out for ADW Launcher.

Using the both of them,theyre seems to be good and bad with both.

For me, using these two just for just trial basis:

ADW Launcher seems to have a much better transition between home screens, quicker and smoother. Also loving how you can hide the taskbar. But calling up the app dock is shocking. Slow, bad FPS and having to slide between screens is really shocking, selecting apps half the time that I dont need.

Launcher Pro homescreens are slower to slide and no hide of the taskbar but the app dock is waaaaay better than ADW, all on one screen with nice touch responsiveness to moce up and down.

Anyone simulate these faults mentioned?

Guest wipeout140
ADW Launcher seems to have a much better transition between home screens, quicker and smoother. Also loving how you can hide the taskbar. But calling up the app dock is shocking. Slow, bad FPS and having to slide between screens is really shocking, selecting apps half the time that I dont need.

Anyone simulate these faults mentioned?

Have you gone into ADW Settings > Screen preferences > Desktop scrolling speed and lower the number , i have it normally set at 0 = the fastest

May help, but i have stuck with ADW ever since it became default in CM6 on the HTC Magic and then when i got the Advent vega

Guest danielj58
Have you gone into ADW Settings > Screen preferences > Desktop scrolling speed and lower the number , i have it normally set at 0 = the fastest

May help, but i have stuck with ADW ever since it became default in CM6 on the HTC Magic and then when i got the Advent vega

I think he means the app drawer, in which case in the options you can set it to. Vertical so it behaves and performs as in launcher pro. You can also hide the notification bar in launcher pro too.

I used to love launcher pro but the ability to resize Widgets in adw has persuaded me away :(