Froyo UI Vs Acer UI?

Guest split2th

Guest split2th

Right now I'm running the stock Fido rom, and I'm enjoying it. However, I'm interested in trying the Liquid Metal rom from Dario93. One of the main differences in these roms is the UI. I have to say I don't like the idea of people messing around with stuff that already works well, but I've read that the Metal dump is running really fast, with almost no issues(besides dolby). Has anyone tried both?

Guest masstony

I'm using liquid metal rom now and it's running very very well, you can choose between android and acer UI, now i use the acer one and it's running well (probably it's really usable for the first time). The rom go smooth and everything works (exept dolby off course).

I am very satisfied.

P.s. i'm usig it on top of last official froyo rom for A1 and previously used LCR on 4.504 leak....now i am happy (if nothing change )

Guest Chewy11

the fido and rogers ROMs seem to bee complete save for the fact they loose the option to use Acer UI...

The Liquid Metal ROM and LCR-F offer both UI and have the added bonus of being tweaked to be a little faster, more complete

I like both ROMs but prefer LCR-F because of the LCR settings app

Use Nandroid to backup, then flash new ROM...if you dont like it, go back with Nandroid

Although theoretically not ideal I am running LCR-F over latest .bin(4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1_A22F_A ), and all is well with my Liquid

Guest split2th
the fido and rogers ROMs seem to bee complete save for the fact they loose the option to use Acer UI...

The Liquid Metal ROM and LCR-F offer both UI and have the added bonus of being tweaked to be a little faster, more complete

I like both ROMs but prefer LCR-F because of the LCR settings app

Use Nandroid to backup, then flash new ROM...if you dont like it, go back with Nandroid

Although theoretically not ideal I am running LCR-F over latest .bin(4.002.14.EMEA.GEN1_A22F_A ), and all is well with my Liquid

What is included in the lcr settings app. I'm pretty happy with my settings. The only problem I can find (and it's a big one) is that there is no control for lock screen time. I can't stand unlocking my phone every time I pick it up. I've read that Google has locked the lock screen settings api. As far as I can see nobody has been able to address this. It sucks that they would lock the api, but if they have to at least give me a few more lock screen settings. I don't want to leave my phone unlocked all the time, and I don't want to unlock my screen every single time I pick it up. Guess I'm screwed.

P.S. I probably should have started a new thread for this issue.

Guest Harness
Right now I'm running the stock Fido rom, and I'm enjoying it. However, I'm interested in trying the Liquid Metal rom from Dario93. One of the main differences in these roms is the UI. I have to say I don't like the idea of people messing around with stuff that already works well, but I've read that the Metal dump is running really fast, with almost no issues(besides dolby). Has anyone tried both?

They're both available in the ROM. Flash it and try both for yourself. I don't really like the acer UI personally, but it's all personal opinion.

Guest split2th
LCR settings app....soooo much(scripts, quick commands, themes...)...try it

They're both available in the ROM. Flash it and try both for yourself. I don't really like the acer UI personally, but it's all personal opinion.

New fun stuff to play with, nice...

Guest Chrispynutt

There is a lot to like in the Acer UI. The main problem I have is the arrangement of everything, I seem to be scrolling in a thousand different directions, with bits up here, down there and so on. Also I can't configure it to use what I want to use for video or music.

What I do like: enhanced notifications, WebOS style previous apps, media selection panel, customise the desktop panel.

If there was a version of Acer UI that had the layout of normal Android and some config options for default apps for music/video/photos then I'd use that.

Guest Chewy11
There is a lot to like in the Acer UI. The main problem I have is the arrangement of everything, I seem to be scrolling in a thousand different directions, with bits up here, down there and so on. Also I can't configure it to use what I want to use for video or music.

What I do like: enhanced notifications, WebOS style previous apps, media selection panel, customise the desktop panel.

If there was a version of Acer UI that had the layout of normal Android and some config options for default apps for music/video/photos then I'd use that.

try the LCR-F ROM...it can do all this in UI SETTINGS