Another dead Pulse

Guest jonnytub

Guest jonnytub

Hi all,

I hope someone can help, I've had my pulse (U8220) for around 14 months and to be honest it's never been right. After many, many, hard resets, factory restores, etc I've had enough. If I can't get it fixed this time round, I'm going to borrow some liquid nitrogen, drop it in, take it out and use my trusty 10Lb sledge hammer to smash it into tiny shards. :P

This time round the phone did the ubiquitous 'stuck on Android logo' thing. So I did the hard reset procedure, volume down, end call key and power button. That works great, I get onto the fastboot screen, which reads:

USB Fastboot: VO.5

Machine ID: 1007000 v0

Build Date: Sep 10 2009, 23:24:35

Serial Number: UNKNOWN

No matter what I try, been through most tutorials on the site for fixing this, I can't get the phone to respond to anything from this screen onwards. The little progress I did make was when connected to the PC, I ran the 'install-recovery-windows.bat' file which prompted the phone to display the message:

wiriting 'recovery' (3858432 bytes) - OKAY

This message appears after the 'Serial Number UNKNOWN' message above.

I can't progress any further than this, rebooting back into fastboot just displays the same message as above with no option of going any further, no key presses, or combo of keys respond?

Should I borrow my lecturers VAT of Liquid Nitro or does anyone have any clues as to how to get around this?

Thanks in advance.