Dell PC Suite after 2.2 Update Not Working

Guest mcdanjw

Guest mcdanjw

I see there's a thread about Dell's PC Suite not working with people that did the 2.1 update.

It doesn't seem to work with the 2.2 update either. The PC Suite application never recognizes the Streak.

Has anyone had any luck getting this to work? I did enable the Dell Sync in the applications menu on the Streak.

I see there's a thread about Dell's PC Suite not working with people that did the 2.1 update.

It doesn't seem to work with the 2.2 update either. The PC Suite application never recognizes the Streak.

Has anyone had any luck getting this to work? I did enable the Dell Sync in the applications menu on the Streak.

DELL released an updated PC Suite to work with 2.1 and it works fine because I'm using it!

Nice, that installed and communicated with the phone. Yet there doesn't appear to be a way to synchronize the calendar with Outlook.

Oh well.

You have just confirmed my worst fears, that the new DELL Sync only synchronises with Outlook contacts and NOT with the calendar.

If that remains the case I shall be staying on 2.1 indefinitely.

Unbelievable how DELL can alienate the business user market at a stroke.

Why do they spend so much effort and money to develop a product then sabotage it at every turn?

Guest mcdanjw
DELL released an updated PC Suite to work with 2.1 and it works fine because I'm using it!

Did you have to do anything in particular to get this to work? My computer recognizes the streak, I can copy files. The PC Suite just doesn't recognize it. Do you have the USB mode on or off on the Streak?

Guest Tim6772
Did you have to do anything in particular to get this to work? My computer recognizes the streak, I can copy files. The PC Suite just doesn't recognize it. Do you have the USB mode on or off on the Streak?

There's 2 Different versions of PC Suite, 1 is for Donut (1.6) and 1 for Eclair (2.1) but neither one functions with 2.2.

Click the links in my above post for more details.

Guest mcdanjw

Well, the best solution I've come up with is to sync my Outlook calendar with Google calendar automatically with a free program called Google Calendar Sync:

Google Calendar Sync

Then I enabled the gmail calendar synchronization on my Streak under Settings--> Accounts & Sync

I couldn't find a program to sync my Outlook Contacts with Google Contacts (not free at least).

So, for now, I'll plug my phone in to sync the contacts and use the Google calendar sync to keep my calendar updated.

What a PITA. But it seems to work.

Do not install the Nero app. It has nothing to do with syncing the Streak. It is strickly for moving media on the device. The app is 100% worthless.

Do you use Microsoft Outlook and are you saying that it does not even sync Outlook contacts or don't you know?

Guest mcdanjw
Do you use Microsoft Outlook and are you saying that it does not even sync Outlook contacts or don't you know?

I do use Outlook. It syncs the contacts from Outlook, but not the calendar.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest GabbaGabbaHey

There is a complete list of software which can synchronise between Outlook and Android at http://syncdroid.net/

All are quite clunky, and I haven't found an ideal replacement for Dell PC Suite yet, although MyPhoneExplorer seems quite good for Contacts and Calendar.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest monyozt
There's 2 Different versions of PC Suite, 1 is for Donut (1.6) and 1 for Eclair (2.1) but neither one functions with 2.2.

Click the links in my above post for more details.

link above doesn't work