[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest nedian05
No changes need to be made to GPS.

It works 100% Perfectly just like the original on 2.1

Its accurate to about a metre.

So if its not working for someone there phone is broke or they live in a dodgy area with no satellites.

It was workign fine with 2.1 ROMs. Accurate to about a metre with in seconds. there is something wrong with 2.2 ROMs. I guess those who are facing GPS problems, there phones are not broken nor they live in doggy areas.

No changes need to be made to GPS.

It works 100% Perfectly just like the original on 2.1

Its accurate to about a metre.

So if its not working for someone there phone is broke or they live in a dodgy area with no satellites.

This is not true, my GPS does not work on this ROM.

Was working a treat on Fibblesan's R3A, so just to try when it did not work on this ROM, I reflashed Fibblesan's ROM and it worked.

So there is something with this ROM, the location does't work at all, not even trowing me in Yorkshire.

This is not true, my GPS does not work on this ROM.

Was working a treat on Fibblesan's R3A, so just to try when it did not work on this ROM, I reflashed Fibblesan's ROM and it worked.

So there is something with this ROM, the location does't work at all, not even trowing me in Yorkshire.

Could it be that you're not getting data from network?

Just updated the APN list further (CyanogenMod version).

P

Damn, already flashed the version with the old APN list lol. Can you give me a link to download and copy over myself?

Thanks.

Could it be that you're not getting data from network?

I was talking about GPS not working.

My 3G/3G+ works fine, downloaded apps from market, used browser and so on.

Guest sorrowuk

Well why does my gps work perfect when using just satellites or when using satellites and data on this froyo 2.2 .

Obviously if it works for me then it means you have done something wrong or somethings wrong with your phone.

It can't just be that I have a special phone.

Guest MrHicks
Just an update on battery (using apha1):

70% in 6.5 hours after fully charging. Making quite a few calls, some Market, BT always on, Talk, Twitter, SMS/MMS etc. Regular use.

Much much better than other Froyo ROMs so far (dialer issue is gone I guess), similar to Eclair versions. Gooooooooooooooodie :P

I felt battery performance improved on FLB-Froyo G2 after I disabled hardware acceleration in build.prop. Hardware acceleration is disabled by default in alpha 1 of this build so perhaps that's the reason?

I did a bit of testing with hw acceleration on and off and it made no difference to Quadrant scores or Neocore frames on FLB-Froyo. It did seem to make the default launcher a bit smoother, but as I use Launcherpro which is as smooth as silk regardless of hw settings, I decided to keep hw acceleration turned off and my battery life on Froyo seems to be better than it was on stock Eclair.

Guest rayraven
Actually, what i'll do is change the default 'no-carrier' text to ' ', so if yours ISN'T found, you at least won't see 'no service'.,

P

Wouldnt that show blank incase we actually have no service?

Think that should be addon pack instead of default.