[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest papatsonis

is it me only? or happen to others, not beeing able to playback videos.. ?

i can see videos on youtube.. but i cant play .avi(xvid), mkv/mp4(H.264 baseline) files.. ive tried meridian player, rock player,with no sucess.

1) mp4 (h2.64 [email protected] , both option(hardware accelerated/software accel) not work (seems like start and closes the file instantly)

2) avi (xvid, advanced [email protected]) Hardware accel -> the file canot be played with system player, Software accel -> (cannot open.. etc)

3) mkv (h2.64, [email protected]) hardware accel -> the file canot be played with system player, software accel -> (cannot open.. etc)

any ideas?? at least the last one encode.. (baseline@L3.) should be able to decode... unfortanately i didnt try with other rom (jellyfish) to playback videos...

apart from this ( i left the video check in the end, after installing all apps/settings :S) seems good rom(r11) for me

Guest ChundaMars
Having this issue also - also tried uninstalling Maps and reinstalling, no luck. Mine just doesn't find a GPS lock at all, sits there with the GPS symbol blinking away and never locks on, even standing outside with clear sky and a-GPS enabled. Has always worked on previous ROMs so know it's not a hardware issue either.

Tried using GPS Test from market, and have mixed results - on main page shows multiple satellites in view and in use, but accuracy always remains at 0.0 feet, and lat and long always just displaying string of 0s. Weird

Further to this, have tested GPS without a-GPS enabled (turned off WLAN & mobile data connections and turned off find location based on wireless networks) and I got a lock in Maps within 30 seconds outside. So looks like some sort of issue with a-GPS, rather than the GPS receiver itself...

Guest Andymac1969
Further to this, have tested GPS without a-GPS enabled (turned off WLAN & mobile data connections and turned off find location based on wireless networks) and I got a lock in Maps within 30 seconds outside. So looks like some sort of issue with a-GPS, rather than the GPS receiver itself...

My GPS is driving me nuts, I know someone said to alter the gps config, but my limited ability is hindering me in doing it. I have found that with a power off and battery pull, the GPS will work when the phone restarts, GPS Test is also seeing satellites, if I leave the phone in standby for a while the maps cannot get a lock, the blue pointer just flashes over where I am, also GPS Test is not seeing any satellites.

If I then just reboot the phone, the GPS still does not work, if I then power off and battery pull, it usually starts working again, once the phone has restarted, I know the phone is ok, as I have tried JJ with no issues at all with the GPS, any ideas, or how can I get R10 and give that a go?

Andrew

Guest Andymac1969
My GPS is driving me nuts, I know someone said to alter the gps config, but my limited ability is hindering me in doing it. I have found that with a power off and battery pull, the GPS will work when the phone restarts, GPS Test is also seeing satellites, if I leave the phone in standby for a while the maps cannot get a lock, the blue pointer just flashes over where I am, also GPS Test is not seeing any satellites.

If I then just reboot the phone, the GPS still does not work, if I then power off and battery pull, it usually starts working again, once the phone has restarted, I know the phone is ok, as I have tried JJ with no issues at all with the GPS, any ideas, or how can I get R10 and give that a go?

Andrew

Just as an add on to the above, left my phone totally unused for an hour, loaded maps and it will not get a GPS lock, GPS Test is no longer seeing any satellites, very strange.

Andrew

is it me only? or happen to others, not beeing able to playback videos.. ?

i can see videos on youtube.. but i cant play .avi(xvid), mkv/mp4(H.264 baseline) files.. ive tried meridian player, rock player,with no sucess.

1) mp4 (h2.64 [email protected] , both option(hardware accelerated/software accel) not work (seems like start and closes the file instantly)

2) avi (xvid, advanced [email protected]) Hardware accel -> the file canot be played with system player, Software accel -> (cannot open.. etc)

3) mkv (h2.64, [email protected]) hardware accel -> the file canot be played with system player, software accel -> (cannot open.. etc)

any ideas?? at least the last one encode.. (baseline@L3.) should be able to decode... unfortanately i didnt try with other rom (jellyfish) to playback videos...

apart from this ( i left the video check in the end, after installing all apps/settings :S) seems good rom(r11) for me

The new rockplayer doesn't work on the blade. The older version (1.5.5) does:

http://www.mediafire.com/?l1t85mst3a2b5b3

Guest papatsonis
The new rockplayer doesn't work on the blade. The older version (1.5.5) does:

http://www.mediafire.com/?l1t85mst3a2b5b3

Thank you :lol:

downloading right now

im afraid though that is not rockplayers problem.. as neither or 3 players (including default) plays the video.. . Il try and report back asap :)

EDIT : Thank you very very much :), it worked

Edited by papatsonis

How do you uninstall the built-in sms app? Using Handcent here so getting notifications from both apps when I receive a sms.

Launch the usual messaging app from the app drawer, hit the menu button and choose settings. At the bottom of setting you should find "Notifications", uncheck that box. :lol:

Launch the usual messaging app from the app drawer, hit the menu button and choose settings. At the bottom of setting you should find "Notifications", uncheck that box. :lol:

Cheers.

Disabled the auto-retrieve function too.

how can I get R10 and give that a go?

Simple pay the £10 to become an adfree member and you get access to the "kitchen"

Then simply download it (ps it would be r11 not r10 - r10 is dead)

Or wait until r11 is released prebaked to everyone

Guest Andymac1969
Simple pay the £10 to become an adfree member and you get access to the "kitchen"

Then simply download it (ps it would be r11 not r10 - r10 is dead)

Or wait until r11 is released prebaked to everyone

I am ad free or I wouldn't have R11 :lol:

Andrew

Guest atifali001

Thumbs up for the releases by paul! dunno how he does so much in such little time, been ad free for a few weeks, well worth it!

One problem i keep getting dont know if its the rom or the app but i use launcherpro and just now the phone restarted and all my apps and widgets on the home screen have gone to the default launcher pro ones, it happened last time but when i added the gingerbread theme from frankish...

everything else seems fine apart from a few things mentioned before but those are all down to the dialler and stuff (boxes) which have been explaind why and isnt annoying enough to change the dialer, and gps locked on withing seconds on the first lock

anyway just wanted to find out if the issue was a launcher pro one or just my phone or what lol :)

once again great work paul (and frankish) for their work and contributions :lol:

ps people complaining about getting r11 or the latest versions, its worth paying a tenner for, its a token of appreciation for the amout of time and effort paul puts in and come on guys its only a tenner

Guest Frankish
Thumbs up for the releases by paul! dunno how he does so much in such little time, been ad free for a few weeks, well worth it!

One problem i keep getting dont know if its the rom or the app but i use launcherpro and just now the phone restarted and all my apps and widgets on the home screen have gone to the default launcher pro ones, it happened last time but when i added the gingerbread theme from frankish...

everything else seems fine apart from a few things mentioned before but those are all down to the dialler and stuff (boxes) which have been explaind why and isnt annoying enough to change the dialer, and gps locked on withing seconds on the first lock

anyway just wanted to find out if the issue was a launcher pro one or just my phone or what lol :)

once again great work paul (and frankish) for their work and contributions :)

ps people complaining about getting r11 or the latest versions, its worth paying a tenner for, its a token of appreciation for the amout of time and effort paul puts in and come on guys its only a tenner

Are you using an ext partition for apps or just Froyo's apps to fat/sd? Because if it's the latter you need to keep any widgets in phone memory not on sd card as on a reboot they can't be restored properly so need to be re-added.

Apps on an ext partition is still the best :lol:

Guest Frankish
brilliant once again paul, how can I change the pattern lock from green to blue?

Found it. Indicator*.png's. The two green ones specifically are indicator_code_lock_point_area_green.png and indicator_code_lock_drag_direction_green_up.png.

I've attached the above two files in blue. You just need to save them, then open the framework-res.apk of any theme, browse to /res/drawable-hdpi/ and drag and drop both files in here. Flash the theme as usual.

EDIT:

You will need to rename the large dot to "indicator_code_lock_point_area_green.png" and the arrow to "indicator_code_lock_drag_direction_green_up.png".

post-449642-1295718823_thumb.png

post-449642-1295718832_thumb.png

Edited by Frankish

Guest atifali001
Are you using an ext partition for apps or just Froyo's apps to fat/sd? Because if it's the latter you need to keep any widgets in phone memory not on sd card as on a reboot they can't be restored properly so need to be re-added.

Apps on an ext partition is still the best :)

ahhh ok the widgets are on sd i think...my bad! lol well we all learn from mistakes :) gonna have to sort that out

thanks! ;)

edit: wrote phone memory instead of sd :lol:

Edited by atifali001

Guest themighysquitt

After trying out both Fibblesans G2 Froyo & Jap Jellyfish ROM's I decided to go ad free & give r11 a go & I'm quite impressed so far!!

Well done to Paul & team for a great ROM & I look forward to trying out updates!!

BTW the only problem I find is the battery drains quicky. Could it be something to do with the hardware accelerator & if I baked another ROM without it would that make the battery last longer?

Guest lordjubblydave

Hi Paul. I have been running the latest kitchen release of your Roman (r11 or r12 whichever you released on the 18th)

1. Minor problem I took a few photos with the location setting on and apparently I live in Mongolia. Which is funny cos I thought I lived in Essex. :lol:.

Like I said a minor bug. Probably Been spotted before but I thought I should let you know

Guest themighysquitt
After trying out both Fibblesans G2 Froyo & Jap Jellyfish ROM's I decided to go ad free & give r11 a go & I'm quite impressed so far!!

Well done to Paul & team for a great ROM & I look forward to trying out updates!!

BTW the only problem I find is the battery drains quicky. Could it be something to do with the hardware accelerator & if I baked another ROM without it would that make the battery last longer?

Guest ManMetDeHamer

Hey, i can confirm that if you bake it without the hardware accelerator your battery last quite a bit longer.