[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest minz007

I got adfree yesterday and baked my own r11 rom

i cant text people that i have not previously texted before and every time i text it force closes

is there any fix?

i will test whether another texting app will let me text

ps: i restored my previous texts with titanium backup which is why i can get the previous texts

any help is appreciated

EDIT: ive tried handcent sms and also chomp sms and they both don't work

Edited by minz007

Guest m_w_clarke
I got adfree yesterday and baked my own r11 rom

i cant text people that i have not previously texted before and every time i text it force closes

is there any fix?

i will test whether another texting app will let me text

ps: i restored my previous texts with titanium backup which is why i can get the previous texts

any help is appreciated

EDIT: ive tried handcent sms and also chomp sms and they both don't work

Restoring everything with titanium gave me exactly the same problem. I think it's because doing a full restore puts system files back that clash with the updated Rom. The only way I could fix was to do a restore like you have then get SMS backup + from the market. Use that to backup my SMS messages. Once backed up, I did a wipe in clockwork to get back to a default state then use titanium to do a restore of apps and data only. Then get SMS backup + again and do a restore of my messages.

It's a bit long winded but it sorts the issue.

SMS backup + backups up your texts to google mail.

Guest minz007

Thanks m_w_clarke for your advice

i wiped then i reflashed the rom and made sure to not restore system data/apps

and it works

;) had a stressful hour as i didnt want to go back to 2.1 as r11 is the smoothest froyo ive tried and i tried all of the rest before using this one

thanks Paul for making this great rom

Guest galaksy2001

Hi everybody ;)

I didn't have the courage to read all the pages (168) before asking the following question :

Does this Rom accept tethering via 3g or WIFI ?

Thanks for the answers ;)

Regards.

Marc

Guest juniperz
Hi everybody ;)

I didn't have the courage to read all the pages (168) before asking the following question :

Does this Rom accept tethering via 3g or WIFI ?

Thanks for the answers ;)

Regards.

Marc

I have set mine up as a wifi hotspot, if that is what you mean.

It is somewhere fairly obvious in Wireless settings. Give it a hotspot name (SSID), select security (e.g. WPA2) put in a passphrase.

I then had a friend without a data tariff, connect with another SanFran by searching for wireless, selecting the SSID, keying the passphrase.

He was then connected to web via my 3G data. Simples.

Guest mark2410

ive just updated, im still getting problems with touchpal if i have the slide to punctuate option, its most frustrating.

anyone else have this problem?

Guest galaksy2001
I have set mine up as a wifi hotspot, if that is what you mean.

It is somewhere fairly obvious in Wireless settings. Give it a hotspot name (SSID), select security (e.g. WPA2) put in a passphrase.

I then had a friend without a data tariff, connect with another SanFran by searching for wireless, selecting the SSID, keying the passphrase.

He was then connected to web via my 3G data. Simples.

It's the answer i was waiting for ;)

Thanks a lot !

Regards.

Marc

Guest tyrol_gangster
i am also suffering from the corrupted icons in call log issue, what i don't get however is why this call log is displayed at all since i have dialer one installed? for example after a missed call the dialer one call log opens, but when i exit that i go into the other call log instead of home screen? can sb pls recommend the simplest way to change this behaviour or get rid of the call log (not sure if thats the stock or zte one dont remember what i cooked sorry)

Anyone, please?

Anyone, please?

If you mean it has the android emotions where the expand and minimize arrows should be that's the stock contacts app and I don't think a fix has been found yet. Roll on r12. If you want to get rid of it use Titanium to uninstall Contacts 2.2.1. Do a nandroid backup first though just in case, I've never used dialer one so don't know if it needs Contacts to run.

Guest wookie16081965
It was workign fine with 2.1 ROMs. Accurate to about a metre with in seconds. there is something wrong with 2.2 ROMs. I guess those who are facing GPS problems, there phones are not broken nor they live in doggy areas.

i had same problem went on market and installed google maps again then went on navigation and gps was straight on just check google maps is installed i only had streetview and it didnt work with just that.

Guest targetbsp

I just tried it on JJ9 and my GPS worked instantly on maps and navigation. Again using maps downloaded from market (mostly cause it's not included with JJ!)

And I'm almost certain it worked on maps (but I didn't try navigation) on R11

Edited by targetbsp

any reason why the kitchen fails to make me a rom just times out all the time

Is this rom (r11) really issue free like its stated on the 2nd post by Paul? (Just trying to choose, what's the most stable 2.2 rom around)

This rom has an issue with Last.fm app

When listening to the radio and the next track comes on, the last song title and album picture stays until you rotate the screen.

Any thoughts why this would happen on this rom?

Some ppl are claiming scores of over 900 on quadrant. Are these figures to be trusted?

Also is there are way to disable hardware acceleration in the settings screen?.......or must it be done from the build.prop.

If so how is it done?

Thanks

Guest Rotmann
Is this rom (r11) really issue free like its stated on the 2nd post by Paul? (Just trying to choose, what's the most stable 2.2 rom around)

No, it still has some issues with boxes in contacts, some people have GPS and Facebook sync problems.

@Jhet search for stagefright broken and edit build.prop on the forum, it's been discussed a lot of times.

Guest ThrashMan
Some ppl are claiming scores of over 900 on quadrant. Are these figures to be trusted?

Also is there are way to disable hardware acceleration in the settings screen?.......or must it be done from the build.prop.

If so how is it done?

Thanks

I get a Quadrant score of 923 using R11.....means nothing to me ;)

Guest manderson23

I upgraded to r11 from one of sebs 2.1 ROMs. No problems but I did notice that the phone now vibrates on battery low notifications. I can't see an obvious way of disabling this. Any ideas?

Guest rochitka

Paul, is another release in the pipeline to fix the bugs in this release, or are you planning to wait for the euro 2.2 rom to be released?

You are so close!

A good collation of the bugs were given by a poster some pages back

Silly question:

Is it normal that ROM download from kitchen is very slow?

Like 4 hours for 94MB file.

No it's your connection

abort the download and try again a few minutes later