[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Bookmarked this Froyo kitchen ages ago, waiting for the right moment to get a subscription and start baking. r12 was the trigger. Installed it and it works like a charm (for now)! Thanks Paul and everyone involved for the amazing work! :P

Quick question though, Titanium Backup seems to have some issues launching. It keeps saying "Asking for root rights..." but doesn't do anything. What can I do?

Clear-data for the super-user app, reboot and it should work.

Just installed a custom bake of R12 and not sure if I unticked it but I've got no dialler! I didn't wipe as I had R11 before, but I'll bake another, making sure I have a dialer selected.

I had the Facebook/contact dialer bug with R11, so I was probably using the ZTE app. Out of interest... which is which? One had a blue icon, the other green.

Edit Turns out there's no default dialler included in r12, at least not one I could see. No bother though, I just installed Dialer One from the Market - happy days :P

That doesn't sound right.

Guest ThrashMan
With default dialer = contacts won't iumport from SIM :P

With ZTE dialer = constant FC

Quick update: this "problem" appears to be related to disabling contact sync in your google account.

Guest TrickedOutPony

Thanks Paul for all the great work.

Just installed R12, has anyone noticed that in google maps the sensor has you pointing 180 degrees the wrong way?

Rob

Guest targetbsp

I don't... but my a2sd has always reported as 217mb in this rom, Flb and Jellyfish. I'm fairly new to Froyo roms having only used the newer versions using the compiled from ZTE source kernel. Maybe it was a different size with older roms???

Edited by targetbsp

I was having some contact sync problems, i.e. if I added one on my phone it didn't add it to "the cloud" and if I added on "the cloud" it didn't appear on my phone, also couldn't get Facebook Sync working, so I went into Manage Apps, then went to Contacts Storage, Contacts Sync Adapter and Contacts, force stopped all three, then cleared data. This seems to have fixed all the aforementioned problems. I'd take a backup of your contacts before doing it, just in case, but it worked fine for me.

Otherwise, R12 seems great for me!

Guest buntoid
I don't... but my a2sd has always reported as 217mb in this rom, Flb and Jellyfish. I'm fairly new to Froyo roms having only used the newer versions using the compiled from ZTE source kernel. Maybe it was s different size with older roms???

Problem is it only shows 82mb free and I haven't installed all my apps yet, whereas it was fine on r11 where I still had over 200mb free after installing all my apps.

Is A2SD+ used in the prebake r12?

Guest targetbsp

Install the apps and see what happens. As it's just a folder it should be able to grow in size. I assume you only see a partition size for backwards compatibility reasons with whatever pre-froyo feature it's emulating.

In fact, if you'd filled it in R11... maybe that's exactly what happened. :D I'd be interested to know the outcome. :P

Edited by targetbsp

Guest hecatae

Just installed R12, has anyone noticed that in google maps the sensor has you pointing 180 degrees the wrong way?

Rob

the blade screen is installed upside down, could be related to this.

Guest Luke2642

Does anyone know a reason why there are two copies of busybox in R12? There may have been in earlier versions too, but I've only just checked.

/system/bin/busybox 953kb

/system/bin/bin/busybox 1.88Mb

every mb counts!

Edited by Luke2642

Guest Crunchy Saviour

Epic thanks for the release, in advance of my installing it. Your hard work is very much appreciated. I can't wait for this evening when I can put it on my phone. Very excited.

Fantastic job Paul, many thanks.

updating to r12 from r11 with "no wipe" and so far everything works!

Call log blank boxes fixed (which was the only problem I had. I don't bother with face book contacts so never looked into this issue)

As to probs others have had:

GPS locks fast and has correct orientation

Caller ID working (as it always has)

I used the kitchen with stock contacts, stock lockscreen, 2.3 keyboard and extras, A2SD+ and HW acceleration.

Thanks again :P

Guest TrickedOutPony

Rob

I did a couple of restarts and the "shake and eight" trick and I'm now pointing the correct way, dont know what that was.

Rob

Guest Simon O

Two options for fixing the CallerID.

1) replace the original in the ROM with this replacement ContactsProvider.apk ContactsProvider.zip then wipe your phone and install the ROM again

2) Download this update and flash to your phone. CallerIDFix.zip It will replace ContactsProvider with a fixed version and attempt to update your existing contact database sql with the correct value needed to display caller ID.

Problem: Phone.apk expects to see a specific value in the contact database in order to link an incoming number with a contact name. The original ContactsProvider doesn't set up the database with this ID so phone cannot link. The fix is to patch contactsprovider to set the correct ID in the database. This is a ZTE quirk since we are using the original Phone.apk from the ZTE roms. Using the AOSP phone.apk isn't possible unless we can rebuild the ril libs.

Fix: Patched the code in ContactsProvider to pass the correct variable and also set the contacts database correctly.

The fixed ContactsProvider was compiled myself from Android 2.2.2r1 with full support for third party contact synchronization and a fix for the caller ID issue. Paul is welcome to add this to his rom.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest abc150781

Hello,

i have also an Problem withe the caller ID.

When i get an incoming call i only see the number and not the Kontakt, and also not the Picture.

I have sync my Contacts with the google account!

Any Idea?

Guest Burgess
Two options for fixing the CallerID.

1) replace the original in the ROM with this replacement ContactsProvider.apk ContactsProvider.zip then wipe your phone and install the ROM again

2) Download this update and flash to your phone. CallerIDFix.zip It will replace ContactsProvider with a fixed version and attempt to update your existing contact database sql with the correct value needed to display caller ID.

Problem: Phone.apk expects to see a specific value in the contact database in order to link an incoming number with a contact name. The original ContactsProvider doesn't set up the database with this ID so phone cannot link. The fix is to patch contactsprovider to set the correct ID in the database. This is a ZTE quirk since we are using the original Phone.apk from the ZTE roms. Using the AOSP phone.apk isn't possible unless we can rebuild the ril libs.

Fix: Patched the code in ContactsProvider to pass the correct variable and also set the contacts database correctly.

The fixed ContactsProvider was compiled myself from Android 2.2.2r1 with full support for third party contact synchronization and a fix for the caller ID issue. Paul is welcome to add this to his rom.

Give the man a medal! Thanks!