[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Upgraded from R11 to R12 (pre-bake) and the wifi hotspot option has disappeared. Before there was an option in WLAN settings but now there is just the regular wifi settings.

Just me or is it a problem with the ROM?

Guest Taliban
hi! to all...

as you all can see i´m new here and i´ve got a zte blade and i need some help from does who have mores experience in this field than i.

- what is the best rom for my Blade, more quick and that consumes less battery ... there are so many....

i´ve got crossed 0.2 ...

it´s fine for now but i think it´s quite slow ...

anyone can help me!!?? :huh:

Welcome to the jungle of Roms :)

Tried already the [ROM] 31/Jan r9: de-orangeated ROM for ZTE Blade / Orange San Francisco [eclair] [OLED+TFT] also the [ROM] [froyo] Japanese Jellyfish RLS9 [2011-01-24] [OLED+TFT] and now i'm on the [OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM

Found that the Jellyfish RLS9 works great and also Modaco's Custom Froyo ROM. Last one found it more light and works great, zero bugs found so far for a normal user of ZTE Blade. WiFi, 3G, GPS, SMS's, MMS's and GSM Services so far so god. Regarding battery it all depends on usage. Low usage Modaco's ROM takes me to 2/3 days to drain my battery more or less and with heavy usage of wifi or 3G more gamming 1 day give or take a few hour's.

My personal opinion, try both of them for a while, just remember to backup the Optimus original ROM on your ZTE if you need to take it to warranty services :P

P.S.: Great Work Paul

Edited by Taliban

Guest The Soup Thief

Paul's due back from his 10th anniversary break in the next couple of days [welcome back and happy anniversary, btw!]

I'm really looking forward to his contribution to the flurry of delicious Gingerbready goodness that's been cooked up in his absense! :huh:

Guest karluxandre

BUG:

Today my phone started sometimes sending sms to the wrong number, altough it's displayed in the right conversation topic. Anyone else got this bug?

How can I solve it?

thank you

just installed through clockwork recovery and rebooted; it seems to be stuck on the modaco logo. is this normal?

it stays on it for like twenty seconds goes black then returns to the logo.

just tried japenese jellyfish and it has done the same :/

Edited by willsp

Guest Aranathos
Hi,

Which .apk file belongs to Java ME Apps so I can delete it as said above for wavesecure ?

Thank you all, especially Paul for his great work !

MidpPlayer.apk and MetaMidpPlayer.apk are the Java ME files.

Guest The Soup Thief
just installed through clockwork recovery and rebooted; it seems to be stuck on the modaco logo. is this normal?

it stays on it for like twenty seconds goes black then returns to the logo.

just tried japenese jellyfish and it has done the same :/

Don't forget to wipe cache and all data in clockwork afore ye go installin

Guest macman1

hi i have installed and so far its great :huh: but when on lockscreen it says "phone is SIM Network Subset locked" the calls and SMS seem to work fine but i dont know what this means thanks for any help

Guest somafero

anyone tried to boot to recovery,or reboot the phone from the reboot menu?when i selected reboot on the white screen,the reboot menu in the back started,but white screen doesn't dissapear,any idea?

Installed r12 - very smooth so far..

However titanium hangs restoring Opera Mobile and also totally froze the whole home screen once I task killed Titanium - any ideas?

Guest hungryhamster
Just do what I and did, and what other people are telling you to do. Find the apk file com.wsandroid (if I remember rightly ) in the system app folder of the Modaco Rom zip file ( on your computer ) and delete it. and then flash it again.

Just come across this will doing this change the md5 thanks

Hi Paul,

I just purchased a SanFran for the Mrs. and installed this ROM, really pleased except if she clicks on the bottom left icon to activate predictive text, whenever she presses a letter it closes the text input and she can't type anything. I noticed under setting that there are two types of keyboard management on the phone, think the one that's active is TouchPal as that's what comes up when holding the language button on any of the 3 keyboard layouts. The other is Gingerbread but don't know how to select it, or if that would make any difference, anyone have any suggestions?

Sorry if this doesn't make sense or is simple, 95% of what's written on this forum is foreign to me, cheers

Guest ritterkeks

Changing the Input Method is simple:

When you are in any input field (input field is active),

LONG PRESS on it, then select input method,

i would recommend gingerbread keyboard.

(also has learning text prediction)

Guest bjtayler
really pleased except if she clicks on the bottom left icon to activate predictive text, whenever she presses a letter it closes the text input and she can't type anything.

I have the same problem, TouchPal predictive text causes the keyboard to force close. I changed to the gingerbread keyboard.

Guest baileyj123

Hi, i am a complete noob here but i have bought the san francisco today and installed the app manager and clockwork as instructed, i have tried to load japanese jellyfish and the modaco version of froyo but both times i gets stuck on the android/modaco logo's and flashes the image occasionaly ive waited over 10 mins each time please help.

Guest mikewessex

im still a bit wet behind the ears with all of this but i have got this rom and now can only seem to make calls when the phone feels like it.

it makes the calls then ends them straight away please help is it something i have done or what

Guest t0mm13b
Installed r12 - very smooth so far..

However titanium hangs restoring Opera Mobile and also totally froze the whole home screen once I task killed Titanium - any ideas?

Purchase the version by donating for the Titanium - it's worth it and wayyyy more stable... :huh:

Guest womble_sanfran
Hi, i am a complete noob here but i have bought the san francisco today and installed the app manager and clockwork as instructed, i have tried to load japanese jellyfish and the modaco version of froyo but both times i gets stuck on the android/modaco logo's and flashes the image occasionaly ive waited over 10 mins each time please help.

I suggest you do a bit of searching of the forum, I recall something about the new B10 blades not being able to flash using the bootloader or something like that. Definitely worth a bit of a search....

Guest Cisco Rooter

Since updating from r8 to r12 I've been losing phone signal and not getting it back. A little x appears above the reception bars and the H doesn't show beside it, not sure if that's the exact same as you would see in a no signal area or not. I assume that the phone is not receiving anything when it goes into this state, and attempts to make calls, send texts and other non-WiFi usage fail. A reboot seems to fix it, so far without fail which I think rules out reception as the cause. It's intermittent but I'll keep more of an eye on it and see if there's any rhyme or reason to when it does this.

Since updating from r8 to r12 I've been losing phone signal and not getting it back. A little x appears above the reception bars and the H doesn't show beside it, not sure if that's the exact same as you would see in a no signal area or not. I assume that the phone is not receiving anything when it goes into this state, and attempts to make calls, send texts and other non-WiFi usage fail. A reboot seems to fix it, so far without fail which I think rules out reception as the cause. It's intermittent but I'll keep more of an eye on it and see if there's any rhyme or reason to when it does this.

I've noticed that this sometimes happens when I switch network data off to save battery power. The data connection is switched off, as it should be, but occasionally it seems to take my 2G signal down with it. If I try making calls or sending texts, it doesn't work, so it's not just a problem with the signal icon. Turning network data back on and then off again seems to fix the problem.

I'm running r12, and I switch data on and off from the relevant screen in the settings, which I get to using a shortcut from the Power Control Plus widget.

Also, I'll take this opportunity to say thank you so much, Paul, for all your work on the San Francisco. 'Tis greatly appreciated. (:

Guest scoula

I've noticed that this sometimes happens when I switch network data off to save battery power. The data connection is switched off, as it should be, but occasionally it seems to take my 2G signal down with it. If I try making calls or sending texts, it doesn't work, so it's not just a problem with the signal icon. Turning network data back on and then off again seems to fix the problem.

I'm running r12, and I switch data on and off from the relevant screen in the settings, which I get to using a shortcut from the Power Control Plus widget.

Also, I'll take this opportunity to say thank you so much, Paul, for all your work on the San Francisco. 'Tis greatly appreciated. (:

I'm also getting this problem. If I'm on a train or in a car and move outside of a 3G area it seems to take the whole reception down when going back to 2G, meaning I can't receive/make calls or receive/send texts while it waits to go back to 2G. Like Cisco Rooter I also get a little x above the reception bars when this happens.

Not sure if it's a fault of the ROM or not, it's just I can't remember having this problem on 2.1

Edit: A quick way to reproduce this problem is by ticking the "Use only 2G networks" in settings > wireless networks > mobile networks. When ticking this option it seems to completely cut out the signal while switching to 2G.

As a test I went back to 2.1 and tried the same thing. With 2.1 the signal doesn't cut out when changing to 2G.

Edited by scoula

Guest XenoPhoenix
I'm also getting this problem. If I'm on a train or in a car and move outside of a 3G area it seems to take the whole reception down when going back to 2G, meaning I can't receive/make calls or receive/send texts while it waits to go back to 2G. Like Cisco Rooter I also get a little x above the reception bars when this happens.

Not sure if it's a fault of the ROM or not, it's just I can't remember having this problem on 2.1

Edit: A quick way to reproduce this problem is by ticking the "Use only 2G networks" in settings > wireless networks > mobile networks. When ticking this option it seems to completely cut out the signal while switching to 2G.

As a test I went back to 2.1 and tried the same thing. With 2.1 the signal doesn't cut out when changing to 2G.

I can confirm that I'm also seeing this issue, hopefully it is something that can be easily fixed in the next release. :huh: