[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest fetaboy

Hi All!

I tried the r12 from 2.1. The installation went fine via clockwork but when the phone already booted straight away keep sending a message "force closed phone application". No sim card, No service. The phone is unlocked. I tried all the 2.2 roms and i've got the same msg. Only the 2.3 CM7 rom recognised the sim card but after when I finished the calling the phone was frozen.

Where is the problem? What can I do?

Anybody seen this problem?

I need a help.

Thx

Guest Storm3y

I'm running version 12. Is it possible to get the old keyboard instead of this new one like the keyboard in version 7?

Edited by Storm3y

On Rom 12 In email is it possible to "select all" instead of having to tick each mail individually ?

I see de-select but not select all ..it was in a previous rom 8 or 9 i think.

thanks

Edited by rey3

Guest hugobosslives

Flashed this r12 rom yesterday evening and have thus hasd enough time to play around with it and comment on what I think.

Flash took only about 5 mins for both applying the zip and first reboot.

I must say at first I was quite disappointed with the rom as it seemed slower than my old 2.1 roms including the original stock rom. The laucncher was laggy and on playing some quite high paced games such as gamelofts Asphalt 5, Real Football 2010, and Modern Combat this disappointment was confirmed as the games were playable but only just which is worst than my original rom.

However I decided to turn off the phone and take out the battery and then start the phone up. Not just a quick reboot which is what I normally do. Since the reboot the rom has performed exponentially better. The games mentioned above play perfectly (with a bit of optimization and tweaking) and when I saw perfect I mean it. No lag at all.

Some of the stuff included on the rom I have uninstalled by titantium as i felt they were uneeded clutter. I have also changed the launcher back to, my backed up from my old roms, launcher pro which I mcuh prefer and find faster.

So far I have had no major problems (that havn't been quick to fix) with the rom apart from a few of my settings that I use being hard to impliment.

I recomend this rom to all zte blade uses as it is a great 2.2 rom which is fast enough to play top-end android games whilst being so far stable and not missing the stuff you need.

Guest piqnica

The ROM is AWESOME! But when i'm sending files from other phone via BLUETOOTH , the San Francisco is auto-rejecting everything. The phones are pair-ed.

The other phone is Samsung Galaxy S and i was sending files to the san francisco with the original orange rom.

Can u help me? I think the problem camed with the new ROM (r12) cuz i was sending files with bluetooth minutes before flashing.

I downloaded the .zip gaved in the post. r12-update-modacocustomrom-blade-kitchen-unsigned.zip

md5 sum was correct.

Forgive my poor english!

Guest CyberPunkBln

Hello,

i have some Questions for the german ZTE Base Lutea.

First some System-Apps are not fully translated in german in other ROMS (Jelly9) are the apps fully translated and work perfectly in ModacoROM.

Second is there a chance to make an Option to the Kitchen-Baker with more App2SD-Options? I miss my own Skript where i have a fully mount to sd-card (ext2) nativly without symbolic links and some other skripts exists that nativly mount /data/app /data/data and /data/dalvik-cache to sd-card or the fully /data to sd-card.

Iam a little bit disappointed about the few options in the kitchen baker, i can make all options after the install from your rom but that i can make without the kitchen baker and i was hopefully that i can make this with the Kitchen-Baker:).

But the lost and not fully german Translations are my primary Question.

Thx

CyberPunkBln

Guest moemitf

Hey guys, I'm trying a cooked modaco rom on my tft blade and it feels great. Only strange thing I've noticed is a green stripe at the top of the mp4 videos which are played with the hardware decoder (it won't appear using rockplayer in software mode). Anyone else having this problem? Is there a patch or a workaround? Thanx! Steven

Guest fetaboy
Hi All!

I tried the r12 from 2.1. The installation went fine via clockwork but when the phone already booted straight away keep sending a message "force closed phone application". No sim card, No service. The phone is unlocked. I tried all the 2.2 roms and i've got the same msg. Only the 2.3 CM7 rom recognised the sim card but after when I finished the calling the phone was frozen.

Where is the problem? What can I do?

Anybody seen this problem?

I need a help.

Thx

Up please

Hi,

I downloaded the default ROM which comes with TouchPal and the Gingerbread keyboard. I also downloaded the HTC_IME separately from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=624416 . Unfortunately its not working. I can select the HTC_IME option from the input method menu but the keyboard never pops up when I need to use it anywhere.

FYI,I have used the HTC_IME apk from the above link before with a 2.1 ROM and it worked fine.

Could you please help me out?

Guest macman1
hi i have installed and so far its great :huh: but when on lockscreen it says "phone is SIM Network Subset locked" the calls and SMS seem to work fine but i dont know what this means thanks for any help

-BUMP- any help?

Guest coldwave87

Just flashed r12 version, however I have problem with import contact from sim to phone, the phone doesn't recognise any number on my sim, it was ok on 2.1 firmware. Also there is no option to import contact from phone to sim.

Guest yee_har
... installed this ROM, really pleased except if she clicks on the bottom left icon to activate predictive text, whenever she presses a letter it closes the text input and she can't type anything. I noticed under setting that there are two types of keyboard management on the phone, think the one that's active is TouchPal...

I have the same problem, TouchPal predictive text causes the keyboard to force close....

Updated ClockworkMod and went Modaco 2.1 r3 >> Modaco 2.2 r12 last night.

Really chuffed on just about every level and only came across this minor issue. Googled and surprised to see relatively little similar experience/comment.

Just to reiterate re. above quotes - this only happens with alpha characters. The keyboard doesn't "crash" when inputting other characters (in predictive mode). Probably just stating the bleedin' obvious there but thought I'd clarify.

Is it missing a dictionary?

Guest aliaird
-BUMP- any help?

Have a search back through this thread or other threads in this forum. There is a solution, I used it! I think Fibblesan has a patch that I applied.

It's in the forum somewhere! Go find it! :(

Guest whitelightning

Hi,

I've just installed r12 and have a problem with caller display. When a phone book contact phones me the name doesn't appear, just the phone number is displayed. When I go in to the call logs, the number is displayed for about 5 seconds then gets converted into the caller's name.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Thanks.

WL

Guest evolvente

Can anyone cofirm the md5 of the prebaked r12, which is mentioned on the first page of this thread?

I downloaded it several times and checked md5sum. But it never matched with "cb1718841318a63775b020e6c544edfa".

Thanks for your help!

Guest XenoPhoenix
Can anyone cofirm the md5 of the prebaked r12, which is mentioned on the first page of this thread?

I downloaded it several times and checked md5sum. But it never matched with "cb1718841318a63775b020e6c544edfa".

Thanks for your help!

Hi I've just downloaded the r12 prebake and I can confirm that that is the correct MD5 sum there, you must have some issue when you downloading it, maybe try a different browser?

Guest Neutrality

Hi All

Have had the r12 ROM for about two weeks now and all looks great. Vast improvement over the bloat loaded original Orange gear.

Apart from a few random force closes everything looks to be working real well. The only minor issue (and I say minor) is that every now and then the phone signal gets cut after turning WIFI on.

Is this something anyone else has an issue with? Apologies if I have missed a post on this.

Thanks

Neutrality :(

Guest evolvente

Downloading e.g. angry birds from market is not working with r12 prebaked. Some apps are working other not. any ideas?

Downloading Apps with 3G works fine, via Wifi some are working and other not.

thanks

Edited by evolvente

Guest lixcab
Hi All

Have had the r12 ROM for about two weeks now and all looks great. Vast improvement over the bloat loaded original Orange gear.

Apart from a few random force closes everything looks to be working real well. The only minor issue (and I say minor) is that every now and then the phone signal gets cut after turning WIFI on.

Is this something anyone else has an issue with? Apologies if I have missed a post on this.

Thanks

Neutrality :(

Yes, I get this. Switching screen on-off by pressing power button seems to fix this and will display network strength.

Guest Neutrality
Yes, I get this. Switching screen on-off by pressing power button seems to fix this and will display network strength.

Cheers Matey :(

Will give that a try next time it crops up. Have to say that apart from this the phone seems more stable than with the Orange ROM, I had more issues with WIFI with it!!

Anyway, thanks again!

Guest ThermalDroid

Does this have AHB speed boost or UI hardware acceleration? I can't find any info on this maybe I am just being nooby.