[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest cmberry20
How can it be so hard to fix the fm radio? ;( i love fmRadios!

^ If its so easy why dont you fix it & tell us how you did it!!

Edited by cmberry20

Is there an easy way of telling which model you have Paul ?

My brother has just got one, Ive told him to fetch it round for some Modaco treatment....dont want to be killing it for him !

Well, he can always backup first with ClockworkMod (which he should be doing anyway) then restore if it all goes pear shaped.

AFAICT, it's only white devices with TFT atm?

P

Guest Totyasrác
Well, he can always backup first with ClockworkMod (which he should be doing anyway) then restore if it all goes pear shaped.

AFAICT, it's only white devices with TFT atm?

P

All Hungarian Blades are equipped with TFT (and 256MB RAM ;) )

Guest admanirv

The ROM seems to working well for me ATM Paul ;)

Are you working on another updated version?, FM radio for me works for 3 seconds then shuts off - strange.

Guest Arr Too

Speculation elsewhere that the code that looks at the network lock status [held in NVRAM somewhere?] is in one of the RIL libraries, and maybe libril-qc-1.so ("qcril_cm_phonesvc_request_notify_network_lock" in the UK ROM is rather suggestive...).

Guest admanirv
Speculation elsewhere that the code that looks at the network lock status [held in NVRAM somewhere?] is in one of the RIL libraries, and maybe libril-qc-1.so ("qcril_cm_phonesvc_request_notify_network_lock" in the UK ROM is rather suggestive...).

Good hunting ;) , i did have a very quick search last night hoping that other customs rom's created by people had found this problem and solved it.

Guest rogerpe

I have a finnish TFT model and works well this far. The problems that I have noticed so far (1 days, baked alpha3):

- Camera doesn't work at all

- Drains a lot of battery

- The lock screen sucks

- Gps may not work, haven't tested

Edited by rogerpe

Guest Totyasrác
Here's something weird about this ROM... it seems to disable the SIM lock! ;)

P

That might be the reason for which my SanFran has dropped the network twice today (after 3 days of running)?

Had to reboot to get back on the mobile network (switching airplane on/off didn't help at all...)

any news on changing the lock screen back to the old one

This should be last on the priority list

The order I would imagine will be fix anything that isn't working and only then after all that is done have a look at the lock screen (if at all)

I say if at all because if it originally came with that lock screen you'd have been non the wiser and said you loved it

me personally I love it, its nicer than the original and dead easy to use.

Guest juniperz
I say if at all because if it originally came with that lock screen you'd have been non the wiser and said you loved it

me personally I love it, its nicer than the original and dead easy to use.

For someone that hasn't yet taken the plunge to Paul's ROM, what is the difference? (In lock screens, I mean).

Guest AlphaVision

I prefer the stock unlock screen also. It looks stylish and like a part of the system. The new one looks like an addon.

For the guys having problems I can suggest something. I have set an unlock pattern and it's fast and it feels the same as the original one since all I have to do is slide my finger from left to right.

And I have a quesion. Is the dialer and call log a stock thing? I have a stock froyo on my HTC Touch diamond and it is different. It has 4 tabs (dialer, call log, contacts, favorites). How can I change the default dialer to be the android stock one.

Guest Superpintas

hi Paul. i've been following this thread since day one and want to thank you for all the work you've developed. I'm even thinking of upgrading my account because of this ROM.My "only" problem is that my Blade is TFT.. is there any chance a TFT version of this ROM will come out?

hi Paul. i've been following this thread since day one and want to thank you for all the work you've developed. I'm even thinking of upgrading my account because of this ROM.My "only" problem is that my Blade is TFT.. is there any chance a TFT version of this ROM will come out?

I need more testers - could you try the alpha3 prebake and tell me what issues you encounter?

P