[OLED+TFT] 09/Feb r12: MoDaCo Custom Froyo ROM download + Online Kitchen

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest socialworker

As has been posted multiple times in this thread, the ROM does actually delete the content of /sdcard/download/.

I think it would be a good idea to mention that somewhere prominent, maybe the first post.

Guest Archer23
http://www.droid-den.com/android-guides/an...e-a-task-killer

that links tells u everything about task killers and how they actually worsen your battery life, i found loads more sites saying the same things.

btw those apps dont realy use much battery if u dont use them then they become idle and dont use any battery. i suggest using watchdog lite, it tells u when an app is using to much memory/cpu and asks u if u want to keep it running. it also stops corrupt apps running.

Awesome little article there.. thanks very much ;)

Just uninstalled advanced task killer and installed system panel!

As has been posted multiple times in this thread, the ROM does actually delete the content of /sdcard/download/.

I think it would be a good idea to mention that somewhere prominent, maybe the first post.

That is meant to be a temporary storage area I believe? I'll look into where it's doing it tho.

P

Guest randal24

Got a good one now, once I get a NoLED notification I can't get a display on the screen after pressing power. Just black. Have to restart the phone to get things working again. ;)

Guest Nick Rhodes
Ahhh really?! ;)

Do those apps not use up battery whilst sitting there though? There's alot of em!

An app that is not in use is doing nothing.

Amount of power to do nothing = nothing.

The only thing they will use is memory - but the memory chips will need to be powered to run your phone.

Probably wastes more power killing them and have them restart as the app has reinitialise which requires some amount of processing power.

:P

Cheers, Nick.

Guest buneech
Did Fancy Widget update weather before you applied the theme?

Haven't tried it actually, will apply the stock theme from alpha4 and check.

Got a good one now, once I get a NoLED notification I can't get a display on the screen after pressing power. Just black. Have to restart the phone to get things working again. ;)

Pressing the home button should suffice, no need for a restart.

Guest targetbsp
Got a good one now, once I get a NoLED notification I can't get a display on the screen after pressing power. Just black. Have to restart the phone to get things working again. :P

That's how NoLED works. ;) You press keypad buttons to wake a phone from NoLed

Press the home button - no need to restart

Has anyone managed to get the Exchange calendar sync working with alpha3? It is syncing my E-Mails fine, but when I try and sync the calendar the sync icon appear in the task bar very briefly for about half a second and then dissapears. I can get my phone to sync my Google calendar, but I would ideally like it to sync with Exchange if it is possible.

Many thanks Paul for your hard work on this ROM - I can't believe how quick and stable it is ;).

Yup - it worked for me in alpha 3, and now I'm on alpha 4, it still works.

Has anyone managed to get the Exchange calendar sync working with alpha3? It is syncing my E-Mails fine, but when I try and sync the calendar the sync icon appear in the task bar very briefly for about half a second and then dissapears. I can get my phone to sync my Google calendar, but I would ideally like it to sync with Exchange if it is possible.

Many thanks Paul for your hard work on this ROM - I can't believe how quick and stable it is ;).

Yup - it worked for me in alpha 3, and now I'm on alpha 4, it still works.

Did it work straight out of the box for you? In the past when I have setup a sync with Exchange, it prompted me to setup a password on my device as part of the security but for some reason it hasn't done it this time around.

Edited by robm82

Guest buneech
Happened to me also - even though I'm NOT using (the old type) a2sd ...

I happened to me only when using the old type of ad2d, now with froyo app2sd it's ok.

IT'S HERE PEOPLE!

By popular request and after long, monotonous work by yours truly...

Changelog

alpha4

• Optional stock Froyo lockscreen

alpha4 kitchen only for now, prebake to follow. ;)

P

BTW PAUL UR A GENIUS, thanks for the stock lock scree

in the kitchen it has the stock lock screen ;) been waiting age for this, only problem is im not ad free so cant download through the kitchen

can some1 upload a prebake with it plz.

thanks

Edited by ropin

IT'S HERE PEOPLE!

By popular request and after long, monotonous work by yours truly...

alpha4 kitchen only for now, prebake to follow. :P

P

Thanks, Paul! ;)

Did it work straight out of the box for you? In the past when I have setup a sync with Exchange, it prompted me to setup a password on my device as part of the security but for some reason it hasn't done it this time around.

Yup - worked fine. Same here - didn't force me to set a passcode.

in the kitchen it has the stock lock screen ;) been waiting age for this, only problem is im not ad free so cant download through the kitchen

thanks

No - the whole point is, that if you want access to the kitchens, or the features in there, you need to contribute to Modaco by purchasing an Ad-Free or Modaco+ membership.

thanks

A prebake will follow, personal bakes should not be uploaded.

P

Guest admanirv

It goes against the rules for someone to upload a pre-bake (so no-one will do it), i had to pay 9.99 like others to have access to the kitchen.

If you value the alpha4 kitchen so much then buy a membership its only 9.99 and worth it.

Guest targetbsp

As it says in the first post, and several times throughout this thread not to distribute pre-bakes form the kitchen, and paul has said he'll release a pre-bake himself later... how desperately bad must this lock screen be that you can't wait?? ;)

I've not tried the froyo roms myself yet. I'm a bit wary of the screen freezing when waking from sleep issue. Been following the thread closely though and struggling to resist... :P I'll be going ad-free when I do though. I like things stream-lined so will want to be able to untick lots of the pre-installed stuff. :P

Edited by targetbsp

Guest lljkpugna

I'm getting force closes on Messaging (process com.android.mms) when I exit the text app / finish sending a text / randomly. I'm using Swiftkey. Anyone else having similar issues? It worked fine on the earlier ROMs (Flibble's, StackBlack's)..